ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford content.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Something makes that more acceptable than Black. :eek: I think it's because the wheels are non standard.

As mentioned earlier in this thread I had the car booked in for some paintwork on all 4 arches as they all had signs of rust, we're talking extremely minor but I wanted it sorting sooner rather than later before it became a big issue. The car went in yesterday and I should have it back tomorrow.

Just a few photos of the progress that's been made.

7909C947-6104-4AE2-B526-9AD3EA2121B1_zpsw3yrwjgu.jpg

A9DDF5F1-685D-463E-8F8C-7EA943CCEC37_zps0cmet5d7.jpg

352CCF21-F86A-44DE-A3CD-F04BEB0F87BA_zpsxv8ehauu.jpg

FD022531-9459-41E4-BA35-62D1C4B4B1A2_zpsdsuegjkn.jpg

6632D367-AC3A-4DDB-B3FC-8A5804883058_zps6zkzjcik.jpg

DC5FAB82-389F-42DB-9275-14FA52EF21F7_zps1sfedlk3.jpg

Good news the only rust there was just surface rust which was easily removed and everything else was completely solid.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can't say that painting has filled me with confidence but the cost would be lower.

Are the Brembos standard?

They are yeahhhh.

Good news on the rust.
Who's doing the work on it?

It's being done at David Herd motors, literally around the corner from me, lad off RSOC.com works there and his work is very good.

I can't say that painting has filled me with confidence but the cost would be lower.

I'm happy with the end result although I'm nowhere near as keen as you when it comes to paint lol. Tbh the only way to get everything perfect would be to get a full hit.

Few quick pics of the final results.

7265512C-2215-434F-8D49-E9388102F40C_zpsyjqeak7t.jpg

0CDCEEC2-BE79-4F8A-8551-38744791CACC_zpsccxhxa2e.jpg

6772A189-B0F9-41BB-93B1-76033E7FAAAE_zpsfwklu5lq.jpg

EBC9DB2C-1653-41B5-9DCD-0C89EC929258_zpsqhofvg6o.jpg

Small update.

Bled and flushed the old brake fluid out, not sure what was in there before or how old it was but I was getting a spongy pedal once everything started to get hot. So I just flushed it all out and replaced it with some ATE Super Blue.

Also I've had 4 new tyres fitted as the old Yoko S306s (never even heard of them) weren't up to the job. In the dry they weren't too bad but in the wet they became ditch finders and were completely letting the car down. Decided to go for some Michelin Super Sports

F7635D3E-89A8-4B38-8C06-C117784D5F9B_zpskxcy86xn.jpg

Even just coming out of the garage with them, the grip is phenomenal so god knows how much grip they'll have once they've bedded in. lol

Picking up a FMIC and pipework on Sunday so I can convert to an Air2Air system rather than the ChargeCooler which just can't cope, intake temps are getting quite high now when it's still relatively cold, so it's going to be much worse when the warmer months come.

Evo 8 MR
Is the intercooler part of a kit you've bought?

What's wrong with Falken tyres? I swear you used to work for them the amount of praising you did for them. :rasp:

Z4
Such a nice hatch!

My my mate may be selling his, has similar mods but with a sabre live map etc, apparently good for circa 380bhp!
If he does decide to let it go, I'm in. I should know by the end of the week :D

What is the going rate for one with all those mods, on 80k? He's asking for 8..
Has FMIC, organic clutch, AP brakes etc

I imagine he's running a fair amount of boost then? Mine was 367 at 23psi but wound it back to keep it safe. I know sabre manage to squeeze a bit more power out the cars than most and are highly regarded on RSOC.

Price wise it's hard to say really as the prices are all over the place, some really cheap and some ridiculously expensive

Z4
I know know too much about it mate, would running high boost be a bad thing even if everything has been uprated? I know it has a boost controller, no doubt the 380bhp would have been with it cranked up.
Seems to have all the 'right' things done to it, 8k seemed a fair price to me?

Awful photo but
994265a7ce93d1ff98e8e47e3d54c78f.jpg

It depends on the AFRs, mine started leaning out after 5.5k at 23psi but I know each car is different and how they handle certain aspects. Some will quite happily run 23/24psi yet some can only do 20psi, but it can be controlled in the mapping which Sabre seem to be very good at.

Also from what I've read the engines are good for 425bhp before things start needing to be forged.

What's the paintwork like, in good condition? any rust etc? I got mine for 7.3k but it did have a few niggles which I've rectified now.

Decided to start fitting my FMIC, I did a bit each night through the week and finished it off today. Turned out to be a nightmare lol.

1st off was to remove all the chargecooler, brackets and anything else that wasn't needed anymore.

0FE69D98-0C73-4F02-9F38-E5DADBA36FC4_zps9bwjc3tq.jpg

Then came the part that took quite a lot of messing, spinning the turbo housing round 180 degrees to keep the intercooler pipework as short as possible, I haven't got any pictures of it's new position as it was difficult to get any decent pictures. The problem with spinning the turbo housing is the bracket that holds the actuator in place becomes obsolete
65CE0E6C-EB4F-4492-8AD8-30223DBD35E7_zpshu8gpsw7.jpg

and instead you use this bracket

44943BE4-AC54-4C33-9D8B-676DAD8B008F_zps8nke0bww.jpg

The problem was this bracket was actually designed to be used with a standard turbo and with mine being a hybrid and different mounting points I had to modify the bracket.

32A51252-8FE8-49F8-B7E8-0120A87AC040_zpsp0iiqkko.jpg

Picture is halfway through modifying it, I had to do a fair bit more to it to get it to work, very time consuming as it was a case of trail and error, I had to fit it, remove it, take a bit more out of it and then refit it again, I only had so much material to play with so I had to be be careful not to take too much out of it.

Then I had issues with the actuator, 1st off the threads were cross threaded so I cut and removed the bad threads, it looks a right bodge effort this but it works lol. Spacers are for spacing the actuator out so it doesn't foul on the turbo housing. I'll eventually replace the actuator rod but I needed to use this one so I could get the car up and running again

41E5E9E3-41A1-46F0-B450-7C8F58805025_zps5xhmsxhg.jpg

Then it came to the point where I needed to mount the intercooler to the crash bar, simple task I thought until I discovered how hard the crash bar was. Nothing I had or bought would touch it, I even took to the local garage to see if they could drill it out for me, all they managed to do was snap their drill bits on it. Fortunately a mate had some drill bits from work he uses for drilling stainless steel, went through it like a hot knife through butter. lol

3F754A40-3240-4E29-99A8-D04BCBFBFAC8_zpsrnr3mtbv.jpg

Mounted the crash bar back on to the car and fitted all the intercooler pipework.

74101F78-B3FB-4582-9250-F2C531C980E2_zpsqz4v26qk.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the finished article yet as it was dark when I had finished today, all I need to do is adjust the boost in the morning and the job's a gooden.

7CB541BA-DE90-4CDF-99E6-2CE9284EDA16_zpspcbh9zew.jpg

Boost adjusted accordingly and 1st impressions of the FMIC are good, intake temps have significantly dropped when pushing on in comparison to the ChargeCooler and no more worries about the pump failing on me.

I had them for sale but never got rid of them. I keep swapping from the halogens to the xenons cos I can't make up my mind which I want lol. Xenons looks really good at night but the halogens look far better during the day, shame there's not a way of merging the two lol

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Have you thought about splitting the xenons and spraying the inserts black? Saves you swapping and changing them.

I have but trying to get them to seal afterwards can be a right pain in the arse which causes condensation to form on the inside of the glass.

Tbh it only takes 10minutes to swap them over, hence why I do it so much lol

Last edited:
Been having a couple of issues with leaks and hoses popping off, more so this little bugger
3D638A91-8FBE-4C00-8D44-3052306AB654_zpscbauxmtp.jpg

It's the non-return valve hose that connects to the inlet and when it pops it off the car becomes undriveable, misfiring, can't idle. Turns out the end is split, ordered a new but I've used a bit of coolant hose as a temp repair until it arrives.

Also been trying to tidy the engine bay up a bit.

751A0DDB-8736-4F38-9A38-9E0FC6DA2600_zpsx209vi3m.jpg

Few things I need to do are, relocate the air filter in to the engine bay to fill the void left since the battery has been moved higher up the engine bay, Manifold needs either wrapping or Ceramic coating again and a better way of securing the battery as the blue strap currently holding it is unsightly.

Focus RS + S3
Looking good, love the look of front mounts :)

i must not drive mine hard enough lol, my intake temps never get that high for concern

theres a brand new pump on mine but that shouldnt make that much of a difference

Looking good, love the look of front mounts :)

i must not drive mine hard enough lol, my intake temps never get that high for concern

theres a brand new pump on mine but that shouldnt make that much of a difference

Your CC system may just be in better operational order than mine, what kind of power are you running? As that'll make a big difference too.

To give you an idea of how low my intakes have dropped since fitting the FMIC, I have a bit of a test run/lap near me, with the CC system on a cold day my intakes were getting up to 36/37 degrees, with the FMIC on a hot day I never saw any higher than 24degrees.