ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford content.

Homo spec mazda
I dont post on here at all these days and as you know Jon i dont really like Fords but that Really is lovely. Was following a standard one on my way to work tother day and they just look so special compared to the MK2.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
One from last night-

11280457674_1f685d4f4e_c.jpg

Mk1 Focus RS by Niall97, on Flickr

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
I agree with the terrible forum, it is very out of date - I was beta testing the new one last month and that is much better.

Bit of an update as I've done a few bits on the car here and there.

1st up was the Cam Position Sensor. I noticed I had a lot of oil around the coilpack area and down the side of the gearbox. I removed the sensor to find there was no seal on it....

11493667945_9d46260bb8_b.jpg

Untitled by Jonff1, on Flickr

bought a replacement, fitted it and the the oil leak was rectified.

Next up was the lower engine/Torque mount, after messing about with the powerflex mounts, I decided to abandon that idea and went for the Vibrtechnics option instead

11493763876_0306acf729_b.jpg

Reduced a lot of engine movement and the gear changes feel alot more crisper.

Then it was the exhaust mounts, decided to replace them with poweflex mounts as the old ones were a little saggy and once warm I was getting too much movement and causing the exhaust to hit the underside of the car during cornering.

1st off rear bumper removed to allow access

11493751583_0f525b3c11_b.jpg

Powerflex fitted

11493659215_3094f12365_b.jpg

Focus RS + S3
I thought my turbo was leaking oil
bur i traced it back to the cam sensor too, few pence for a new O ring and jobs a good one,

i see you got the audiophile sub in the boot? Big difference over standard?

I thought my turbo was leaking oil
bur i traced it back to the cam sensor too, few pence for a new O ring and jobs a good one,

i see you got the audiophile sub in the boot? Big difference over standard?

Yeahhh it made a right mess underneath, oil everywhere and it looked like something had exploded lol. Thankfully it was just the sensor.

I couldn't tell you as the previous owner had fitted it, although I imagine it does make an improvement over the standard set up.

Bit of an update.

Not many pictures but a fair few bits done since the last time I posted.

Had the cambelt and aux belt changed, which turned out to be a wise decision as the tensioner wasn't fitted correctly and the timing was ever so slight out.
Next up was to drop the oil and change the spark plugs
EE6C18B4-E98A-4FE9-B5BF-3118BF072731_zpscbhfpfjl.jpg

Found this while doing that, so bought a new one and replaced that too

9C1A1BC2-D1C4-4DCF-8E73-071CFA598B2C_zpsf5qt8lm0.jpg

Car is currently SORN'd and off the road at the moment, I did have a cover over it a couple of days but after removing it inspect I discovered smeared moisture marks all over the paint work and dirt had managed work it's way underneath the cover so I've removed the cover and shan't be using it again.

51F05CB2-51E3-4F40-B4DC-FD375C613674_zps61so5pre.jpg

As mentioned the car is currently off the road, during which time the car is booked in for some paint on the arches as I have a few relatively minor scabby bits appearing, only very minor at the moment but it's best to address them now before it becomes a bigger issue in the future.

Next on the to do list is: Flush and replace the brake fluid, replace the brake pads for some Ferrodo DS2500s and replace all 4 tyres for some Michelin PS3s, all hopefully done for when I bring the car back on the road by March.

None of the pics on the other pages are working :(

The links got broken hence why they're not there now.

8EF44AB6-BECE-4295-BC1F-A0BE10D924E8_zpsgtzyfeaj.jpg

A4D96559-FAAF-4DB6-96CD-8B00A54744A6_zpsz3tcurhu.jpg

90CCB23E-F815-4279-97AD-46D10CE14596_zpsm7cn6y6y.jpg

72A7B7F5-E282-4CBD-819B-98D0F7B979D2_zpsqtypti46.jpg

This is one of the powergraph after it had been on EFI RR, making plenty of power and torque

26A8E9FD-FAED-41CA-8619-FCFFABC6C0B6_zpsil21eyth.jpg

and the video of the RR run, manifold glowing nicely torwards the end lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fiesta ST3
Fantastic car, I would love one of these.

I fact my friends neighbour has one, he's 60 odd and had it since new. I bet it's mint / untouched (in a good way)

Lovely :cool:

Out of curiosity does upping the power so much in these cars (300+) make them a bit of a handful?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Quite some up in power for what seems like not too much in the way of modifications. I'm not doubting you by the way, I'm thinking of getting one if these next and I'm quite interested in what's been done to yours.

I'd also like to know what it drives like (other than it must be silly fast), plus how long has it been at that spec and has their been any reliability problems.

That graph still makes me laugh. We were thinking closer to 290 iirc. How wrong we were.

Indeed lol, it even had Chris doubting the calibration of his RR

Lovely :cool:

Out of curiosity does upping the power so much in these cars (300+) make them a bit of a handful?

It's not too bad in all honesty, the diff does cause a lot of torque steer but as long as you're progressive with the throttle it's manageable

Quite some up in power for what seems like not too much in the way of modifications. I'm not doubting you by the way, I'm thinking of getting one if these next and I'm quite interested in what's been done to yours.

I'd also like to know what it drives like (other than it must be silly fast), plus how long has it been at that spec and has their been any reliability problems.

Tbh the power has been pegged back a bit since that RR, wound the boost back a little bit via the adjustable actuator to make it a bit safer. Needs to go back on the RR to see what it's making now but I'd predict around the 330/340 mark.

Modifications are:

Miltek 4-1 manifold
John FRS hybrid turbo
Decat
Custom 3" bore exhaust
Uprated fuel pump
They do respond pretty well to the mods and the engines can take the power without needing forging until you start looking for serious power.

It drives very well, the diff plays a huge part in helping it nail the power down. It's been at this spec since 2011 (previous owner) and has ran reliably. I actually took it out one night just before I SORN'd and gave it a lot of stick for a good 2hours and it didn't miss a beat.

Decided to buy and fit some ST170 xenons, I'm still a little unsure about them as it looks a bit too busy inside the headlights, I still do prefer the look of the standard headlights but the beam pattern from the xenons is far superior.

Couple of quick (s**t) photos of them fitted.

F85090AC-A2F1-4107-A906-7D9AEA6819F3_zpsu2x6f00v.jpg

3DE1FC0D-9E58-4BEF-803D-5AB5AD47BC07_zpsnifabq89.jpg

I've ordered some Ferodo DS2500s from G172 on here, they should be here fairly soon and will be fitted ASAP.

They give a nice beam and they look good, what's not to like?

Rhys, you're so broken you're nearly a set of black FRS wheels... Nearly, of course nothing is THAT broken.

Focus RS mk1
How much boost are you running jon?? Im doing a full engine rebuild on mine in march aswell as a few performance mods, looking to get around the 300bhp mark, will be going for a remap at demon performance too i think although i was thinking of going down the live map route at sabre.
once done i will be running:
standard turbo
forge actuator (already fitted)
tubular manifold
decat
cpe induction kit
forge recirc valve
uprated charge cooler rad

How much boost are you running jon?? Im doing a full engine rebuild on mine in march aswell as a few performance mods, looking to get around the 300bhp mark, will be going for a remap at demon performance too i think although i was thinking of going down the live map route at sabre.
once done i will be running:
standard turbo
forge actuator (already fitted)
tubular manifold
decat
cpe induction kit
forge recirc valve
uprated charge cooler rad

Now I've wound it back it's peaking at 21/22psi and holds around 19psi, originally it was peaking at 25psi and holding 22psi but it was dangerous in that state hence why I wound it back.

Reading recent posts from Sabre 300 is attainable with minimal mods so your list there should easily see you 300+.

Had a delivery from G172 this morning
45B9A9F1-5EC3-42B2-B1BE-EA131D9E3E91_zpst72o5n1j.jpg
:D

So I cracked on fitting them as the previous brake pads fitted are pretty poor IMO.
35ED0F87-8089-45B8-84A3-1E9BF3078FBF_zpsag1vzszu.jpg

What should have been a 40minute job max turned in to 2 hour job. The anti-squeal shims needed removing to fit the DS2500 pads and of course they were held on with torx bolts that were rounded off. Was a right pain in the arse trying to grind them off inside the caliper with it still attached to the brake hose. Access was poor and had to be careful not to burn the seals on the caliper pistons.

Well worth the effort though as the brakes are 10times better.

Last edited:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Well worth the effort though as the brakes are 10times better.

Good to hear Jon :approve:

Bed them in as per instructions in box (if you haven't already mate) to get the best from them

Cars looking good and it bet it goes well by the power it's putting out!

Good to hear Jon :approve:

Bed them in as per instructions in box (if you haven't already mate) to get the best from them

Cars looking good and it bet it goes well by the power it's putting out!

Aye already bedded them in last night mate ;) lol and yeahhhh needed the better to help stop it better with the power it's got.