ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flooded passenger footwell in my 182

Clio Sport 182
My 182 is in with the local dealer right now, ask when i last hoovered it i discovered there was a wet patch under the passengers foot mat.
The carpet was really soaked and i had just done a few long trips in the wet but the leak must becoming from below as the mat on top is dry.

The dealer called me as although the carpet had dried out he said there was still alot of stuff to dry out and they are going to have to strip it all out and do some test etc so need to for another day or 2?

He did mention they had had another car in recently with a similar problem, has anybody heard anything like this before?
As i have no idea when this leak started and I'm a little worried, saying that its all under warranty!

Crap build quality as to be expected from the french to be honest.

My boot leaks, f**k knows where from but it does :(

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
my old Renault 5 use to have a leaky boot, turned out the boot wasn't aligned right, so it had to be bent back into place, stopped the leak.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
My foot well used to get wet when it rained.

Then I moved the door seal round so that there is a little gap in the join of the seal, so the water runs away. It was flowing over the seal and then in to the footwell.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Similar on mine. I had block air con drain and also no gromit on where the alarm went through the bulkhead!!

clio 182 black /gold
Mine leaked because in the import centre they installed an alarm and removed a grommit and never sealed it or replaced it hence the wet floor:)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Leeshez said:
Mine leaked because in the import centre they installed an alarm and removed a grommit and never sealed it or replaced it hence the wet floor:)
Same, althought the dealer tried to tell me the alarm was an aftermarket fit. Wrecked all my CDs. Hope it dont happen to the 172.

RenaultSport clio 18
The alarm is an aftermarket fit, I've got a certificate to prove it. Done once the car arrives in the UK.

ant

yep.
msa182 said:
It was flowing over the seal and then in to the footwell.

mine did that a couple of times [could see the water trickling in]

just stopped itself - not done it for a while [had some serious downpours too!]

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
soaking under drivers seat on mine, only just noticed it, how do you know if your air con drain is blocked, would it not work properly? where exactly is the grommet also? how big is it? idiot guide pls

Ad

MK2 FRS
Chuckie B said:
The alarm is an aftermarket fit, I've got a certificate to prove it. Done once the car arrives in the UK.

Yeh its done at the renault import centre, but it is still cover by the renault warranty as it is part of the cars spec.

Ad

MK2 FRS
haitch said:
soaking under drivers seat on mine, only just noticed it, how do you know if your air con drain is blocked, would it not work properly? where exactly is the grommet also? how big is it? idiot guide pls

Renault sorted mine, I know that they are behind the fabric cover on the bulkhead. Soory cant be anymore use.

Ford Fiesta
not sure about the front. But I have repaired too leaking 182s up to now.

Mine and the other one were both letting water in and it was collecting under the rear seats.
Alot of testing revealed it was coming in from the rear wheel arches.
You could actually see the little holes. Passenger side on mine and drives side on mates.

Just sealed inside and out with silicone and now no leaks.

Glad I was able to do it myself rather than taking to renault.

(also managed to fix a faulty alarm myself too recently :) )

Clio Sport 182
Just got a call back from the dealer....

The cause of the leak was a fault gromet on the dash and bulk head whereever that is?
It's just getting dried out then it's back tommorrow.

Thanks for the responce, it sounds like there are a few of you with this problem.

Clio Sport 182
I did also have a 'alarm beeping sometimes when set fault' and they said they have also replaced some sensor in the bonnet, not sure if this is one in the same?

Ford Fiesta
fbz1501 said:
I did also have a 'alarm beeping sometimes when set fault' and they said they have also replaced some sensor in the bonnet, not sure if this is one in the same?

would have thought they are talking about the bonnet switch. To the right as you open it up.

Clio Sport 182
Could be, one thing though is that i have no idea how long i have had this leak it could have been there from day one for all i know, at least it is sorted now though.

Clio Sport 182
Just discovered that the leak is still there which is nice after they had it for 3 days and told me it had been fully tested and fixed!

So it's going back in next week..... I wonder if when they finally fix it if they will knock some money off my 1st service as it's due soon?

No harm in asking!

Clio Sport 182
Well they have now fixed the second leak.

Apparently it was different to the first one, this one was from inside the passenger door, some sort of panel or trim had warpped and they have replaced it.
It's now all dried out and seems to be staying that way.
I did ask for some money off my first service and they said 120 rather than 150 which isn't bad.

However after checking the passenger door trim closely it's hanging off slightly, in fact one touch on the door pillar trim has come of, so they are picking it up again to refix and check the grey plastic door trimmings.

As a completelly non mechanical person i find it amazing the dealers mechanics can miss such obvious problems, but at least they are sorting it out... again!

Clio Sport 182
Guess what the leak is still there all be it not as bad as before, calling my trusted dealer again, 3rd time lucky?

Clio Sport 182
It's still weaking... this time icould see water running in from under the speaker....

So it's going back in for the 4th time and they are going to give it it's first service and oil change for £69 as a goodwill guesture!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
fbz1501 said:
It's still weaking... this time icould see water running in from under the speaker....

So it's going back in for the 4th time and they are going to give it it's first service and oil change for £69 as a goodwill guesture!

At least your services are gettin cheaper the longer you have the problem ;)

Makes you worry that if they can't fix a leak , what happens when it comes to somethin more serious , engine related problems.... :eek:

Hope you finally get it sorted this time mate :)

Keep us posted !

MrBillyUK !

Clio Sport 182
Well the leak is back again!
Nipped into my dealer and showed it to the RTE and it's going back in for the 5th time next week.
Not hopefull really but I'll keep you posted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thats ridiculous . Isn't there another Renault garage you could take it to ?

Clio Sport 182
I live in Warrington and the local dealer across town pick it up and drop it off from my house.

Haven't been bothered going to Manchester or Liverpool yet, although this is the last chance for my local one!

ant

yep.
fbz1501 said:

i've got that one!!!!!!

it trickles in under the speaker, into the rubber door seal, "floods" it then trickles over into the footwell and soaks your carpet!!!

wierd thing is it doesn't do it all the time???

find out what they say/how they fix it mate. :)

Clio Sport 182
After 2.5 days at the dealers my car is back and apparently fixed for the 5th time.

They reckon if you park on a kerb ie not level then the drain holes in the door are likely to overspill over the seal into the footwell, once a certain amount of water has built up!?

So they have resealed everything and put a lower membrane on that will prevent this from happening in the future.

Mine is an 04 182 so whether this is some recognised fault I don't know, as surely every clio that parks on anything other than level ground can't be leaking?

Bring on the rain hey!

(fyi.. I usually park with my nearside on the kerb)

ant

yep.
thats bollox tbh mate. i park mine on a perfectly flat driveway and it does it now and again!

let us know how you get on anyway.