ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Get a diff fitted if your thinking about it..it's the best mod for the money I've done. The grip accelerating and turn in is just even more immense with one of these fitted.. There is no understeer!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Long overdue update. It's been quite an expensive few months for the FletchBus, now on 152,400 and owned for 11 years!

Well as some of you already know, I did end up going down the LSD route :wink: and went for a Quaife LSD. Big thanks to @NorthloopCup for not only sourcing me the Quaife LSD at a great price, but for also rebuilding my gearbox for me over the xmas holidays thanks again mate :smile: To cut a long story short, Martin @ agency transmissons did a poor job when he rebuilt my box so I only managed 20K from the last gearbox refurb (my first box managed 130k!)

I also had a new clutch fitted, new OSF hub fitted (thanks for the hub @CUB) and new OSF ABS sensor all fitted at Rentech.

When I dropped the car off, I noticed the NS xenon had started flickering and eventually stopped working completely. On closer inspection it turned out to be the ballast pack that had failed. For a while now I had been debating changing the xenons for a set of poverty spec 'cup' headlights as mine were in a shocking state so hazy and tired looking. So on Saturday morning I popped to the Basingstoke ECP to pick up a set OEM headlights!

Some pics.

Before

24186807280_46a99124aa_c.jpg
Untitled by Fletcher Cox, on Flickr

Brand new poverty spec lights :wink:

24456174906_7e67a62144_c.jpg
New vs Old.
24456172706_25cf608dd3_z.jpg

A couple of pics after a drive this afternoon, really happy with the new headlights much brighter at night and are quite a bit lighter than the xenons.

23855560933_49cbbf5b2a_c.jpg

23854171704_28a36ed806_c.jpg

Done around 150 miles now on some of my favourite B roads since getting the car back, and am very impressed with the LSD so far.

Next on the list.
Mocal catch tank/ oil cooler
Washer jet blanks
AST coilovers/ roll centre kit
Maybe fit Recaro SPG pass seat (if i can get my head around adding more weight ;)
More weight loss Policarbonate rear screen/ back windows, and hopefully some fibreglass panels.

Thanks for reading...
Fletch

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Long overdue update. It's been quite an expensive few months for the FletchBus, now on 152,400 and owned for 11 years!

Well as some of you already know, I did end up going down the LSD route :wink: and went for a Quaife LSD. Big thanks to @NorthloopCup for not only sourcing me the Quaife LSD at a great price, but for also rebuilding my gearbox for me over the xmas holidays thanks again mate :smile: To cut a long story short, Martin @ agency transmissons did a poor job when he rebuilt my box so I only managed 20K from the last gearbox refurb (my first box managed 130k!)

I also had a new clutch fitted, new OSF hub fitted (thanks for the hub @CUB) and new OSF ABS sensor all fitted at Rentech.

When I dropped the car off, I noticed the NS xenon had started flickering and eventually stopped working completely. On closer inspection it turned out to be the ballast pack that had failed. For a while now I had been debating changing the xenons for a set of poverty spec 'cup' headlights as mine were in a shocking state so hazy and tired looking. So on Saturday morning I popped to the Basingstoke ECP to pick up a set OEM headlights!

Some pics.

Before

24186807280_46a99124aa_c.jpg

Brand new poverty spec lights :wink:

24456174906_7e67a62144_c.jpg
New vs Old.
24456172706_25cf608dd3_z.jpg

A couple of pics after a drive this afternoon, really happy with the new headlights much brighter at night and are quite a bit lighter than the xenons.

23855560933_49cbbf5b2a_c.jpg

23854171704_28a36ed806_c.jpg

Done around 150 miles now on some of my favourite B roads since getting the car back, and am very impressed with the LSD so far.

Next on the list.
Mocal catch tank/ oil cooler
Washer jet blanks
AST coilovers/ roll centre kit
Maybe fit Recaro SPG pass seat (if i can get my head around adding more weight :wink:
More weight loss Policarbonate rear screen/ back windows, and hopefully some fibreglass panels.

Thanks for reading...
Fletch
Your welcome mate. :up:
Regards the roll centre kit, March will see the last group buy. The end.

Just a heads up if you want to get in on it mate.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad the Fletchbus is back in full health, I can't wait until we can go for a drive again :grinning:

Though again I'm going to call bullshit on you fitting a passenger seat 😂

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Definitely after a set, I'll be in touch soon mate.

Glad the Fletchbus is back in full health, I can't wait until we can go for a drive again :grinning:

Though again I'm going to call bullshit on you fitting a passenger seat 😂

Yes mate it's been ages since we went out for a drive together. I'll have to fit the passenger before the next ring trip anyway ;)

Cars looking grand Fletch, glad to see you still have the old girl! Hope you're all good!

Must be desperate time on here making you a moderator! ;)
You sure this is the last RC group buy ever? ;)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cars looking grand Fletch, glad to see you still have the old girl! Hope you're all good!

Must be desperate time on here making you a moderator! :wink:
You sure this is the last RC group buy ever? :wink:
Who invited you back?! I think points are required for your insubordination. :smilingimp:

Last one ever ever mate!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the fletchbus! Glad to see it still going! A CS legend.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Dick in a nightshirt.

Also at what point did you even look to see if the rear bolts where even bolted down let alone see if it was seated properly !!!