ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I want a doughnut!! When you get it back, this is big news.
Let me know what stud kit you go for. i needs me one.

Will do Sam, more than likely be the Pure Motorsport stud kit.

Good to see it's getting back on the road.

Just had the repair bill, MOT, insurance and tax to do on mine. I had mixed feelings finally getting it back on the road but having to pay out all the money.

It must have been hard for you Adam, also owning the epic black 182..

I did think about breaking it several times TBH. The only reason/s I didn't was it not long ago had a gearbox recon, clutch and the engine made good power at SRR. I would have ended up with another 1*2 ( better the devil you know IMO)

How about you organise an informal group buy on PMS stud kits, Fletcher?

I may look in to that Tim.

Damn was looking forward to my breakfast at Combe !

Lol no chance that was happening.

I want a nandos but the breakfast at comb will do! good progress fletch!

Nandos sounds good Paul.

I R Excite. Need to see the fletchbus in action. I'm up for a drive / meet :)

Cheers Oil.

I say we do that route again where we ended up in that greasy spoon !

Good run that, I have since found some new good roads. I will organise another mate.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
When is doughnut time?

Soon. :)

Just a couple of quick iPhone pics. I plan on putting the anthracite 2118/ R888 back on over the weekend I'll then take my SLR out and get some decent pics/ location.

9734207950_3774529b5a.jpg
[/url]
Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

9730981521_2153018e0c.jpg
[/url]

9730982479_2ae8f859b3.jpg
[/url]

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You'd regret it if you did! Since this was off the road ive owned 4 different clios and broke 2 haha.

Looking forward to the anthracite 2118's, looks much better on them imo.

I think I would have regretted it, coming up to 8 years of ownership now! I did like your old flame red ph1 mate, shame that was broken.

Yeah the anthracite 2118s suit silver/ iceberg much better.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Had the car back to Rentech to have a few little niggles sorted, including the leaking power steering pipe. Cheers Mike she is running very well ATM :)

Gave it a quick clean yesterday.

10195332865_9e899463de.jpg
[/url]

Future plans are..

New brake pads
Stud kit (more than likely the PMS kit)
Roll cage either the Custom cages 6 point, or Safety Devices half cage
Front and rear CF door cards
lighter exhaust
A new set of 2118s.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Good news it's all up & running, and even better news that it's in fine fettle. Bet you've missed it!

Yes Tim. I have really missed driving a car with good steering feel. :)

Fletch get these, have the allen key head which is handy I have some for the race car

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180933756...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=180933756497&_rdc=1

Edit: it looks great btw :D

Good price Jamie, Cheers mate.

That looks awesome Fletch.

Thanks Luke.

..Oh it's only about 250 ish miles off hitting 140k so a thread title change will be needed.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Wheel wh*re! Good new mate and glad its all running good now.

What exhaust you got in mind? You'll never go back to bolts after a stud kit. So much easier, especially with all these choices of wheels to swap ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It's great to see you up and running again mate, and to see all the little niggles being sorted. The future plans sound good and considering the amount of time the FletchBus has been off-road she's in fine shape. :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Wheel wh*re! Good new mate and glad its all running good now.

What exhaust you got in mind? You'll never go back to bolts after a stud kit. So much easier, especially with all these choices of wheels to swap ;)

Yes Mark. I do like 2118s :eek:

It's great to see you up and running again mate, and to see all the little niggles being sorted. The future plans sound good and considering the amount of time the FletchBus has been off-road she's in fine shape. :)

Cheers Andy. Hopefully you'll have yours up and running again soon mate!

God i want some 2118's!!

:)

Clio.
A few weeks back I had a PM from Adam (Adamio) asking if I would be interested in buying his Safety Devices half cage...

Fast forward this morning and me and Mel set of to Kent in the Hilux to pick up the cage from Matt@codered house. Thanks for the cuppa Matt :)

10363964884_299438f80b.jpg

10363966256_77e118b4d5.jpg

No worries mate, hope the mad house wasn't too much for you ?!?.....having a roller derby playing wife, and a load of French girls taking showers upstairs after running the major series run is a normal occurance for us here....
good luck with the project and nice to meet you two.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio182 bean
Just run in now..

10629719576_4c03535f87.jpg
[/url]

Currently a few problems souring the Safety Devices fixing kit for the cage. Although I am not really in any hurry to have the cage fitted ATM.

Mileage means nothing sometimes ;) , I had a Saxo vtr previously with 160,000miles on the clock and it went very well (wasn't near standard though). I can say I've driven many high mileage cars that drive really well and some of the lower mileage ones that haven't had the same level of attention that drive like poo :p

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Need to change the thread title now :approve:

What's the problem with the fitting kit?

Yep 140k project. It's taken me just under 3 years to do 10k!

Whats in the fitting kit mate, some plates and bolts im guessing ??

Or is it a Safety Devices own thing ?

Pretty much mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Safety-De...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item414c8eb42c

The number codes on the cage are coming up as a Mk1 Clio cage though :S I think I'll drop Kelv a PM ( it was fitted in his trophy not long ago)

Will look great when its in. :)

Cheers Oli.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
For the last couple of weeks I have noticed the offside front wheel is covered in brake dust.

11014344244_dda171d70f.jpg

I had a look at was greeted by this..

11014173185_43850bddb2.jpg
[/url]

The other pad has lots of meat left on it as does the nearside set.

Yesterday I tried in vain to fit a new set of DS3000 pads, but one of the pistons on the offside wasn't budging :dapprove: Christopher popped over this morning and he couldn't budge it either :dapprove::dapprove: Thanks for the help though mate :cool:

So it looks like a trip to Rentech is required. I might go back to the standard calipers though. Paying over £100 for each disc isn't ideal TBH.

And the heater has now packed up. I think it's just the resistor pack that needs changing so should be a easy fix.