ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Paul. I need to buy some more Iron X, great stuff.

*********************************************************************************

I popped over to Tom's early to nick his heater resistor pack. Cheers mate!

11029853913_b0cbc25918.jpg
[/url]
Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

Plugged it in. I now have heating/ fans again :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Anthracite 2118- R888 on ( for the time being)

11130292033_1cc9e5b902.jpg

Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

Future plans are.

Get the brakes sorted, fix seized 4 pot piston and fresh DS3000 pads.
Black tw*t strip. The low winter sun is a nightmare siting this low and having no sun visors.
PMS stud kit.
Safety Devices roll cage more than likely the 6 point.
More weight removal.
Full polocarbonate windows.
New exhaust system either Oreca Grp N or PMS system ( to replace heavy KTR stealth system)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Plans are looking good, Fletcher, I can't recommend the PMS stud & nut kit highly enough, I think it's superb, and you'll find it especially useful if you are to keep changing from one set to another etc etc.

I'm actually quite surprised how much of a difference changing to anthracite wheels has made to the overall look of the car. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but I much prefer the white 2118s. I say 'white', which they were once, but you know what I mean ;)

Catch up soon

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Plans are looking good, Fletcher, I can't recommend the PMS stud & nut kit highly enough, I think it's superb, and you'll find it especially useful if you are to keep changing from one set to another etc etc.

I'm actually quite surprised how much of a difference changing to anthracite wheels has made to the overall look of the car. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but I much prefer the white 2118s. I say 'white', which they were once, but you know what I mean ;)

Catch up soon

Glad to hear your thoughts on the PMS stud kit are positive mate. :)

I do like the look of the white 2118s shame they don't stay white for long.

Anthracite > White

Suits those 2118s much better :)

Hi Tim. I am not sure what I prefer now TBH.

Is that a PhotoShop Mike?

Gold 2118's are for champions!

Knowsit Danny.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Hopefully this'll help you decide, pics from when you first fitted the anthracite and white wheels.

Yep :cool:

Had the Hankook RS2s and 2118s fitted today, already very impressed with the grip levels from the RS2s :approve:

5478998935_7657bffaa1_z.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?563409-New-Parts-fitted..&highlight=

Thanks Joe. I am really pleased with the wheels :)

Better pic of them fitted.

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/fletcher10/6269472999/]
6269472999_8239457155_z.jpg
[/url]
IMG_7654 by fletcher10, on Flickr

The bolts are from B&Q :eek:

It'll be reet, but then it's not me driving :quiet:

Found this when looking for the pics which made me laugh :p

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just take better care of the anthracite ones than the white ones ;)

The anthracite ones are still in very good nic ;)

Lovely!!
Very good conditions for the mileage!!

Cheers.

I vote anthracite! The gold looks pretty damned good as well tbf. Works very well with the silver.

I agree the gold do look good against silver.

Looks great. Glad it's all working again.

Thanks Iain.

What about red mate? I think red would look great

Proper loving yours still, even after so many years :eek:

Thanks mate.

The white 2118s could do with some TLC, so they may still end up red ( track wheels)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looking forward to seeing this on the 17th :)

Be good to have a catch up! Mine is back on the road and should be almost done inside by the 17th if I pull my finger out lol!

I want some 2118's but they are to much $$ :(

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Fingers crossed yea! Got another set of tyres to go on, cage is all In just got to paint inside, run new brake lines and fuel lines. Slowly getting there.

:)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Indeed dude! Looking forward to a good catchup! Just sorted out a workshop aswell so I can store and work on the car.

Looking forward to to seeing your bus fletch :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a look through the Clio file, and added up my invoices over the past 8 years ( I've never been brave enough in the past :eek:)

The total came out at £13,007 :(:( This doesn't include the purchase price of the car, petrol, tax, tyres and insurance, or second hand parts like 2118s cup spoiler etc..

On a brighter note. I should have a Safety Devices 6 point cage fitted to the car soon. :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just had a look through the Clio file, and added up my invoices over the past 8 years ( I've never been brave enough in the past :eek:)

The total came out at £13,007 :(:( This doesn't include the purchase price of the car, petrol, tax, tyres and insurance, or second hand parts like 2118s cup spoiler etc..

On a brighter note. I should have a Safety Devices 6 point cage fitted to the car soon. :)

So in excess of £20,000 then. LOL!

That's precisely the reason I don't add mine up.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking for a old invoice, and thought I know.. I'll quicky add them all up. I don't have a spreadsheet azza, I am not that sensible lol.

Yes Dan, well over 20k mate as I paid £8,000 for the 172.

I will never add them up again, that's for sure :(