ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat Wiper Blades - Best Brands?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hey guys! I hope this is the right section for this kind of post. Basically I want to fit some flat wiper blades to replace the awful standard looking ones!

I know most people get the Trico Neoform sets from opieoils.com but the total price with postage to me in northern ireland is £34.67 which for me personally, is just too much for some wiper blades :dapprove:

I found this website www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk which sells wiper blades and also bulbs. They do flat wiper blades with the brand ABD which are much more reasonably priced to be honest!

Here is the link to the set that fits an mk2 ph1 - http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ABD-Retro-Fit-Flat-Beam-Wiperblades-Twin-Pack-21-21.html @ £15.90 with FREE shipping

They also offer a free gift when you spend over £15 of either 501 Xenon sidelights OR A pair of diffused 501 LED white sidelight bulbs (Available in 501/W5W or 233/T4W). 501/W5W the ones that would fit my dual optics :)

Whats everyones thoughts on the offer? Seems a great deal to me and a whole lot cheaper at £15.90 with free LED sidelights!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
I was looking at Bosch ones as well but they are still around £30 which is too much still, I think im just going to go with the ones on autobulbsdirect.co.uk!

Has anyone else on here purchased from their website?

BG 182 FF
I got my old flat wiper blades from tesco which were great and only cost 7 quid for the pair

My ebay specials 1st set lasted a year at a push, Second set have started not cleaning that well leaving smears after 6 months.. Then the other day i forgot they where on while stuck to the window.

They went to clean and the arms came out of the wipers and broke them.. Back to standard and even though they need replacing are better than the flats.

Im going for bosch ones next.

Ive stopped skimping on things that are important to the car, They just dont last as long and i end up paying more than i would if i bought the better item.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Hope it's okay to revive the thread for this. Just wondering if the above £5.90 per blade ones are any good or if I should go for £13 a blade Bosch Aerotwins?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Tesco 22" have been great for me. £6 each IIRC, but have half price offers occasionally.

Bus w**ker
eBay or Tesco. The Bosch ones aren't worth the price tag and miss half the f**king screen, no better - actually they're worse - than the pair I had off the Bay.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I bought the ones from wiperblades.co.uk

I know Bosch will be better but they are also twice the price, so if these last half as long and don't flap at high speed I'm happy.

Evo 8 MR
I bought the ones from wiperblades.co.uk

I know Bosch will be better but they are also twice the price, so if these last half as long and don't flap at high speed I'm happy.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read tbh.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read tbh.

Reading it back, it does sound a bit stupid. What I mean is I might as well give the cheaper option a go because they were only £6 a blade, and if they don't last as long then that's fine by me. Some people say these ones are fine so I'm giving them a go.

A blue one
i have a six pound tesco one and a sparco one, the tesco one is the best iv ever had and looks nice if one can lol....

RB FF 182
Tescos Aero ones are garbage.

Put a set on the missus' cupra after she bought it, got a grand total of 6 quid! lol They're good for that money, but not amazing.

I got mine from Singlewiper on Ebay. 2 Aero and a free rear for £20 delivered. The rear wiper was just replaced there at the weekend as it only wiped half the screen.

Other than that the Wiperblades.co.uk ones are superb :)

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Sorry to drag up an oldish thread but was just wanted to say DON'T get the Tesco flat ones. Burn a tenner (or more usefully put it toward some bosches).

Absolute rubbish- streaky in the middle of the blade and drivers side doesn't touch at the outside edge, a problem cos the French didn't swap the wipers round for us :dapprove:

Jap Box
Sorry to drag up an oldish thread but was just wanted to say DON'T get the Tesco flat ones. Burn a tenner (or more usefully put it toward some bosches).

Absolute rubbish- streaky in the middle of the blade and drivers side doesn't touch at the outside edge, a problem cos the French didn't swap the wipers round for us :dapprove:

My tesco flat blades are fine, started off being streaky in the middle but after some use they have been fine. Think it just takes abit for them to bend into shape more. For £6 odd you can't go wrong

E87 118d M Sport
Nope.

Ive had some cheapo ones (that were crap) and currently role with Bosch Aero's and they both just clip straight on.