ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Dynamique

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Okay so I think I did introduce myself in another section of the forum but here is a more in depth thread about my car :)

So my love affair with Clio's actually started a few years ago when I bought my T reg 1.4 8v mk2 (pre facelift)

20a5kqh.jpg

Now that I think about it, that car doesn't look as bad as it was haha, it was a reasonably clean motor, with a few small spots of rust behind the doors. To be honest I didn't really mod it at all, however that's not to say Renault didn't give me some challenges, the biggest and most worth mentioning was the head gasket, it didn't go but needed doing so I tackled it myself and several days (evenings really) and alot of cursing in the general direction of France she was fixed! I only owned the car for a year before having to sell up due to having to start paying my mum rent :(

However about a year and a half later, new job and new girlfriend I was in the position to buy a new car! My friend happened to have just finished fixing up a Cat D Mk3 Clio and suggested I buy it, I had a look at it, did all the insurance quotes and hoo haa, and towards the end of April in 2012 I picked her up! I didn't take any pictures when I picked it up but the below is basically how I bought it :)

2nh2p6v.jpg

It's a Dynamique specced 1.4 16v, 5 door so comes with auto wipers, auto lights (don't know how I will ever live without these features I do not know)

Anyway the first issue I had with the car was on the M20 on the way home having covered no more than 10 or 15 miles the steering wheel, without warning, dropped into my lap! Or so it seemed! Needless to say I shat myself and pulled onto the hard shoulder immediately, I worked out there was an issue with the height adjustable column and since there wasn't much I could do there and then I decided it was safe but not ideal to drive.
Me and a friend stripped the trim from around the wheel to diagnose exactly the issue and discovered there was a bolt missing that should go through the top of the column into the mechanism that moves the wheel forwards, backwards and up and down, phoned the friend I bought the car from and he promptly discovered the bolt in the bottom of his hoover! So problem solved, excellent!

I hope I haven't bored anyone to death yet!

Anyway since I now had a decent car (only 32k on the clock when I bought it!) I decided once I finished paying my dad and brother off for buying and insuring the thing that I would start looking at some small tasteful mods :)

One of the first things I did was to carbon wrap a few bits on the car - Rear badge, blower surrounds, the strip of trim the runs across the dash and also the wing mirrors, it has all since been removed and I don't believe I have any photos of it, reason it came off was that it was yellow, at the time I thought it looked pretty good but after a while it got too much and I hadn't exactly done an A1 job on it. :rasp:
However I do intend to redo the dash strip and blower surrounds but with normal coloured carbon fibre wrap as I've seen someone's on here which looks very smart and reasonably subtle, can't remember who it is but hope they don't mind me using their pic, like this:

34rbr0w.jpg

I then bought myself a Sony HU with USB/iPhone/Aux/Handsfree on it and installed that

2hi4ab8.jpg

I prefer to keep things OEM but most OEM stereos are horrible IMO!

I then installed the active sub I had in my first car, some little glimpses of that in some pictures to come.

I then replaced all the horrible yellow/orange bulbs with LED's (haven't got round to installing any silvertechs yet though)

30bmn0k.jpg

Glove box

2hzlnjs.jpg

Interior light (so bright that the camera over exposed it a bit haha)

kp46t.jpg

Numberplate lights

our5nn.jpg

Boot light

11kgr4p.jpg

Sidelights (these really are very bright!)

The next mod (if thats what you want to call it) was a right result and didn't cost me anything! My best friend's mum/sister were selling their 2010 Clio Imusic so I swapped my boring ordinary parcel shelf for their fancy one, since the dealer wasn't going to know ;)

25isuu9.jpg

It's excellent, has a built in sun screen thingy which I have proudly never used haha! however the zip shelf underneath is brilliant, I use it to keep jump leads, a blanket and my haynes manual, and during the dark of the winter my snow socks. :cool:

More recently my step brother tinted my rear windows, as he is in that trade, havent had silly dark limo tints but they do look quite dark, but from the inside they are quite light and in the right light you can see through the whole car from the outside, so this is how the car stands today...

2yjonb9.jpg

I ordered some HEKO wind deflectors from Ebay yesterday and hope to have them delivered and fitted by the end of this week so I'll get some pics up once I've done that.

I also have a few other mods on the cards as and when money allows (insurance is just coming up for renewal as is the tax and MOT so saving for that really.

-Pressed Plates
-RS Grille
-Stubby Aerial
-Painted calipers
-H&R springs, Ive read some good things about them
-Exhaust system?
-Small RS rear spoiler

I'm also going to consider some colour coding potentially, I was thinking about painting the plastic engine cover, I've seen some lovely examples done with the RS engines, I'd like to give my engine bay a bit of colour.

Also I need some advice if anyone is able to help, my blower setting number 2 doesn't work, 1, 3 and 4 all blow at the correct rates, I have read a couple of things about this across the renault range but not really found anything specifically helpful, wondering whether replacing this piece from a scrapyard will do the job or not?

1qj3wg.jpg

I've learnt to live without it but any help is appreciated :)

I think that's about it for now, as I said, I'll update as and when I get more done to it :)

Please do leave comments as I'd love to see what you lot think of my baby, and feel free to suggest any mods too! :cool:

~Matt

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Postie delivered me goodies today :D

Specifically Team Heko goodies :)

2wd545y.jpg

Wasted no time getting the car in the garage due to rain and getting them fitted :)

25u3ytu.jpg

2gxmask.jpg

Pretty happy with the way it looks.

Like to know what people think of it and the rest of the car too! :)

~Matt

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Took a trip to halfrauds today, picked up some plastic primer, Monaco blue and iceberg silver rattle cans and some clear lacquer. Then I removed my side strips and bullets and got sanding :)

Didn't remember to take any pics today but I'm taking my time and letting each process dry and cure completely, so I've applied primer today and then I'll get colouring, planning on doing the bullets with iceberg to match the door handles etc, the rest will obvious be blue to match the car, then I'll be looking at some renaultsport stickers in black to go on the bullets, I've seen someone on here making them and think they look smart :)

Once I'm all done I might think about doing some of the front and rear bumper inserts :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Heater motor not working on one of the speeds will be a burnt out pin on the connector which plugs into your heater resistor. Remove your glove box and you can get to it. Renault have a repair loom to fix the job.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Heater motor not working on one of the speeds will be a burnt out pin on the connector which plugs into your heater resistor. Remove your glove box and you can get to it. Renault have a repair loom to fix the job.

Thanks :) Roughly what does the resistor look like? Not seen one so not sure exactly what I'd be looking at, what do you think about the rest of my car? :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
So, glove box out, then look to your right at the heater box, on the side of it there will be a large ish plug with 6 or 7 wires coming from it that is plugged into your heater resistor. Resistor is held in wih 2 torq 20 screws. If you remove the plug and have a look at it you will see the melted part.

Car looks good although im not a fan of any of your mods tbh, apart from the parcel shelf as thats very rare.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Cheers guys, I do have some more mods lined up which I think will get a bigger seal of approval from this forum ;) and the bigger picture will definitely impress, but I'm not revealing what that is yet ;)

Superleggera'd MK3
I really wanna know what the plan is :D hint maybe?

Yeah, im a big fan of the ktec sprint spoiler, looks really good, tad on pricey side but worth it if u have some disposeable income :)

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Yeah I prefer the ktec one, it does look smart, although unlike those who also like it I don't mind the look of the sx one, certainly better than nothing, but as you say, disposable income ;)

The only hint I'm giving is that it doesn't involve this car ;)

Superleggera'd MK3
umm that has confused me more than it has hinted me ;) looking forward to see what the plans are!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Hey guys sorry to just jump in, but I have a question about the engine bay. Does the 1.4 have a engine cover?? It's driving me mad looking on the Internet, asking friends (that haven't really got a clue about cars). Cheers

clio dynamique s
I then bought myself a Sony HU with USB/iPhone/Aux/Handsfree on it and installed that

2hi4ab8.jpg

I prefer to keep things OEM but most OEM stereos are horrible IMO!
where did you get the silver part of the facia from that goes around the aftermarket one? thanks.

Clio mk3
your interior looks exactly the same as mine(carbon wrap) haha,i want to get it all sprayed now to black because the carbon fiber is peeling off. looks good at the moment tho! maybe buy a rs grill to transform the front?