ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flashes

i keep getting told i need a flash for almost everything i take pictures of so i was thinking 430ex seems an alright price point or should i really stretch ALOT and go for the 580 ?

keep in mine i have never used anything more advanced than the built in flash

430EX does me fine, unless you see yourself needing to use off camea flash using slaves etc or need weather sleaing then you don't really need the 580.

Cupra
430EX gets my vote.... Makes a HUGE difference compared to the standard flash. You can also turn the head almost 360% for a bounce which is a big improvement over some of the Metz offerings.

i was thinking the 580 was overkill :D

trouble is with the potn forum is they all seem to be very good amatures or pro's who have all teh money in the world to buy kit :(

306 TD Slut
i think the 430 would be sufficient.

i know what you mean there are alot of hardcore photographers on there that splash the cash as its their livelyhood.

trouble is with the potn forum is they all seem to be very good amatures or pro's who have all teh money in the world to buy kit :(

Stay off there or you'll have a 5D and 85L f/1.2 within 6 months!!!

430EX is more than sufficient to light up a room or even rallye car 10+ metres away doing a night stage... for example :clown:

Stay off there or you'll have a 5D and 85L f/1.2 within 6 months!!!

430EX is more than sufficient to light up a room or even rallye car 10+ metres away doing a night stage... for example :clown:

very true lol

i learned an intresting thing about photography last night its racist ooh naughty photography