ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting rear strut...should be simple! Help please :)

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
Hi all,

I maybe being slightly special here so apologies if thats the case. However, the two nuts that you undo to fit the rear strut just seemed to be spinning and not undoing at all. I thought that fitting the rear strut was a a case of undoing the two nuts, slotting the strut over the threads that are on show and tightening the nuts up again...is this not the case? Any help much appreciated!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Waste of time fitting it, it wont do anything, otherwise do what danny said.

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
currently only being fitted to run my harnesses off as from everything ive read the eyes aren't safe, and right now i cant afford a cage. from people ive spoken to its safer to get the harnesses higher up so they run more level so when you have any impact the strain is taken by the harness not the seat....dnt tell me thats the worst idea in the world....

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mate I can assure you that bolting it to the strut bar is a big no no! Two little nuts are not going to protect you in a crash and that brace will rip straight up. Bolt the harnesses down to the isofix mounts.

Megane r26
currently only being fitted to run my harnesses off as from everything ive read the eyes aren't safe, and right now i cant afford a cage. from people ive spoken to its safer to get the harnesses higher up so they run more level so when you have any impact the strain is taken by the harness not the seat....dnt tell me thats the worst idea in the world....

And you think that's safer, do you know how much force will be put on that small strut in an accident?

Put the spanners down an leave it to a professional

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

f**king hell, such a stupid idea.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Rear strut braces work a lot better if you put them on without the rubber bits that go over the thread of the shock. Lol at using it fur harnesses