ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car: 1.2 Clio Campus Sport

Twingo Dynamique
Hey this is my new car :D I'm just wondering what I can do to it really, preferably without too much expense. I'm thinking about spraying calipers.. Some trim etc, but not sure what colour goes best with this exterior??

6894a817.gif

Twingo Dynamique
Very tidy car.
Nice colour too!

Yeah it's completely stock... As the previous owner brought it in!! So clean and tidy :) I just think I wanna make the interior and maybe some exterior just look that little bit different, then when I've done a year and have more money do some lowering and improve performance. :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
For the interior look for a sport interior (leather and alcantara). That will tidy the inside up. For the outside nothing but lows of you can.

Rs200
have a good look through some more threads mate. silvervisons are a cleaner light bulb for the indicators they still flash orange but dont have the orange glow coming from the bulb they just look 'clear', and cleaner plates i mean 3 1/4 plates there just a slight bit slimmer no manufacturer name just looks cleaner. less is more nowadays none o this chrom plate surrounds big subs and 17 inch wolfraces ;)

TT QS
Cs tuning and richd have it spot on. Non sports in here thread with their ideas. Job done.
Love the colour btw

Clio Campus
RS grille lower it.
Get the leather sport seats iv got them in my campus they're awesome.
A Clio sport.net tax disc holder ;)
and a bee sting cheapy thing from Ebay small black plain one not a big fan of the RC car look.
Very nice car =]

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Leave it as is, IMO. Tidy enough just now, no need to add worthless tat to it.

Twingo Dynamique
Leave it as is, IMO. Tidy enough just now, no need to add worthless tat to it.

although i completely agree... i want it to be different from everything else... like, little things, nothing massive, i'm talking tiny details such as wheels bolts (i really like the look of the coloured ones) some interior bits to possibly tidy up what comes from the manufacturer. I'm quite lucky in that the whole car is in near perfect condition. it did have two small but very deep scratches in the side, however dad's paint man came in and sorted it and you cant even see any evidence of it :)

Rs200
agreed on adding "tat" but is making a car fresh tat? i would say tat is a halfords 100" back box big speakers in parcel shelf green sidelights all that jazz, cleaner plates etc isnt tat it makes the car look fresh and shows you take pride in your vehicles appearance

Twingo Dynamique
Anyone got any suggestions on caliper/drum colour? i wanna paint them because i can, although choosing a theme colour that fits the exterior and interior is prooving a little tricky to me.. i think its gotta be green so far?? my subs are green.. and i'm thinking of putting some green led strips in certain locations inside the car...

Opinions will be great to hear, mainly regarding colours please :) thanks

Ph2 Meg 225
Go for a grey and black theme if any as it suits the colour better, but just generally sport grill, black calipers and drums, 172 rear bUmper and lower. :)

Twingo Dynamique
Go for a grey and black theme if any as it suits the colour better, but just generally sport grill, black calipers and drums, 172 rear bUmper and lower. :)

i like the sound of the grey and black but i do wanna put some footwell neons and door card neons in.. as well as spray the interior bits of trim like dash strips.. and obviousely want it themed.. what your opinion on the neons?

Twingo Dynamique
so, so far green sounds like it's coming up tops... :L dark or bright!! :L i'm thinking it has to be neon green... after all at least with the brakes i can just re-paint them black or something :)

Twingo Dynamique
my concern though is the green clashing with the light blue interior.. :/ however if i put blue i'm thinking it will be too blue!?

Twingo Dynamique
yeah... have you folks ever changed your dash lights to a differnt colour? i know its a fairly fiddly and time consuming task.. but i quite fancy it as it seems like my kinda thing.. :L

Twingo Dynamique
thanks. i was thinking of doing that, i think i'd rather buy a replacement dash though? then refit the standard when it comes to sell?

Twingo Dynamique
So I've finally done something new to my car! - ish....

I am going to be putting footwell neons in, and have found somewhere to put my switches... : :)

IMG_20120919_191925_zps9c19e75e.gif

so after buying some bits off of BlackGold....

IMG_20120919_190954_zps2053d82f.gif

and some bits off of ebay to put in the holes....

IMG_20120919_191223_zps9e66eda2.gif

IMG_20120919_191213_zpse461ba11.gif

and just fits in with the backs of the switches...

IMG_20120919_191804_zps8626d148.gif

So then i knew it fitted... time to put some wires on something somewhere...

IMG_20120920_195221_zps1ecdd595.gif

IMG_20120920_195229_zps03ce38c3.gif

tomorrow i shall be locating the wires in the car.. :D and will be using the cigarette lighter's wires for my live and earth.. which reminds me, my wiring diagram doesnt seem to match up (or more likely i dont really understand it) but there are three wires going into/out of the bottom of it.. blue, (live?) yellow/orange(live?) and brown (earth?) hope someone can help me! :p

and finally some even more pointless bits... but something a little different...

IMG_20120919_174632_zps09d75b56.gif

cheers :)
james

Neat install that was expecting crappy toggle switches, but they're really quite nice.

As for the Cigarette lighter socket the 3 wires are ground, battery live and side light live.

Yellow - Battery Live +12v
Blue - Side Light Live +12v
Brown - Earth
(I hope)

A multimeter is your friend :)

I've been wanting to put a light for the cup holder in, without it looking tacky.

JA - Yellow
BE - Blue
NO - Black

Attachments

• gGoUc.jpg
    gGoUc.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 134
  Twingo Dynamique
so annoyingly all my images have dissapeared... however, there will be some more progress on this sooooon (i hope!!)

the parts i have arriving hopefully soon are: top dash, including central air vents... and possibly some door handles.

Parts of these including my spare dash strips, and spare heater control front are gonna get painted a pearl black, probably with a pearl blue fleck.

I will be most likely getting them done at a body shop as work experience, so i will learn how to use the proper paint guns.. if the price is right!! :)

Are there anymore interior bits that you guys think would look good painted too?? cheers

James :)

All your images are null as you've moved them into a folder, move them back.. bingo :)

If you're going to be spraying, I've just sprayed the boot button much better imho.

Maybe the hazard panel or as your picture has.
dashpaintingarea_zpsfb6ed9a7.jpg

:)

Twingo Dynamique
Finally got round to routing the wires for my sub/ amp! :) was a bit more involved than i thought :L

uploadfromtaptalk1359499968814.jpg

Also got it lowered....

uploadfromtaptalk1359500009506.jpg

Ok so it was cuz i had three fat mates in the back.... but i can dream ;)

Twingo Dynamique
so still waiting for a top dash although may have found one now.. i know this is gonna be hated by some/most.. but i've just ordered a stickerbomb book... will be doing the dash with that first, see what it looks like, afterall, they're only stickers and they can come off if i dont like it! :)

areas to be bombed =
dash strips
entire central section
heater vent surrounds (thinking the vents themselves too fiddly?)
could possibly do tweeter covers too.. although it would require a fair amount of time with a pin... getting holes back.. so highly improbable.

may try get my hands on a spare front badge and give that a go, but i dont want to over do things...

the way i see it with the sticker bombing, is that it can either look terrible, or fairly good and something different,

its a gamble i think i can afford to make.. :L

still undecided on drum colour, and will possibly be changing my blue LED's to colour changing ones. :S although need someone with either previous experience or know how to give me some advice on that...

8504048317_9ce03983c5_z.jpg

DPP_0014 by JHeadClioSport, on Flickr

so still waiting for a top dash although may have found one now.. i know this is gonna be hated by some/most.. but i've just ordered a stickerbomb book... will be doing the dash with that first, see what it looks like, afterall, they're only stickers and they can come off if i dont like it! :)

areas to be bombed =
dash strips
entire central section
heater vent surrounds (thinking the vents themselves too fiddly?)
could possibly do tweeter covers too.. although it would require a fair amount of time with a pin... getting holes back.. so highly improbable.

may try get my hands on a spare front badge and give that a go, but i dont want to over do things...

the way i see it with the sticker bombing, is that it can either look terrible, or fairly good and something different,

its a gamble i think i can afford to make.. :L

still undecided on drum colour, and will possibly be changing my blue LED's to colour changing ones. :S although need someone with either previous experience or know how to give me some advice on that...

8504048317_9ce03983c5_z.jpg

DPP_0014 by JHeadClioSport, on Flickr

Ah I remember when my car was that high up - next purchase ya self some lows!

Twingo Dynamique
Not to everyone's taste, but imo, its alright, and something a bit different......
uploadfromtaptalk1362319547401.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362319568432.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362319589540.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362319609229.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362319626205.jpg

Decent in car pics later... :)