ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First 172 :D

Monaco - 172
I've test driven my first ever 172 today after driving a 1.2 8v for 5 years. WOW is all I can say. What a car!! I'm buying it on Friday, and just had a few questions.

1) When you have to wait 2 days, how the hell do you sleep?
2) How often do you recommend the cambelt be changed?
3) Are there any places around Hertfordshire that you can recommend for services etc?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or answer a million times.

Thanks guys :D

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
1. not a real question
2. every 70000miles or 5 years, which ever comes first. Aux belt is every 30000miles.
3. don't know

I've test driven my first ever 172 today after driving a 1.2 8v for 5 years. WOW is all I can say. What a car!! I'm buying it on Friday, and just had a few questions.

1) When you have to wait 2 days, how the hell do you sleep?
2) How often do you recommend the cambelt be changed?
3) Are there any places around Hertfordshire that you can recommend for services etc?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or answer a million times.

Thanks guys :D

Moved over to the dark side.... There is no coming back and I hated French completely before.. Now I'm contemplating buying myself a permanent option!

:)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
3. No one in Herts, depends what end of Herts you are as to who I would recommend.

North - Danny at 519 Automotive near Bedford.

South - James and Mike at S&MWM in Surrey near Thorp Park.

Monaco - 172
3. No one in Herts, depends what end of Herts you are as to who I would recommend.

North - Danny at 519 Automotive near Bedford.

South - James and Mike at S&MWM in Surrey near Thorp Park.

Thanks guys!

J - I'm pretty near you by the looks of it if you're in Bushey - I'm in Oxhey

Forester STi SG9
could also try Ware garage for a service/cambelt. The owner has a clio cup race/rally car so I think he probably knows a fair bit about renaultsports.

Bought my first ever 172 cup a few months ago after having a 1.2 for a year and I love it. It's my pride and joy :) congrats on your new purchase! I had mine sat outside my house for a week before I could drive it. Almost killed me!... Time drags! Haa. Good luck.