ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few clio rsi problems

Just bought myself a clio rsi and theres a few niggly problems I was hoping someone could help identify them.

1. Steering wheel is loose, as in i can turn it left and right while going straight
2. speedo works but shakes about
3. When starting the engine and when pulling away the exhaust makes a funny noise owner said could be heat shield?
4. Gearbox is a bit funny when changing gears.
5. Sometimes it idles at bout 1500

Cheers! :)

340i
1. Steering wheel is loose, as in i can turn it left and right while going straight

Steering column needs welding (another common Clio problem) takes 5mins to do! lift the drivers foot well carpet up and weld the loose joint

2. speedo works but shakes about

Common Clio problem.. need to replace the speedo cable insert that goes in the gearbox

3. When starting the engine and when pulling away the exhaust makes a funny noise owner said could be heat shield?

Could be heatshield? check the exhaust over..

4. Gearbox is a bit funny when changing gears.

:S

5. Sometimes it idles at bout 1500

Need to clean the ICV (idle control valve)

:) hope that helps

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
try clutches on old 2.0 megane coupes! i had a very strong left leg after a quick spin!

another problem i noticed today in the rain is there is a screeching sound when you put it into gear sometimes?

Worn/loose belt ?

And by gearbox being "funny" i think the term used round here is like "fishing for porridge" lol

Last edited:
  Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
another problem i noticed today in the rain is there is a screeching sound when you put it into gear sometimes?

Worn/loose belt ?

And by gearbox being "funny" i think the term used round here is like "fishing for porridge" lol

the gear level mechanism has a series of bushings, very cheap to replace and give the precise feeling back to the gearbox...