ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault code p0304 on 182

renault clio 182
Hello right had a bit of bother last couple months with the car first was misfire in cylinder 3

EML light kept flashing on/off every now and then until it stayed on continuous then eventually lost power so got new coil pack spark plugs and leads (leads where second hand tho) solved problem then 24hrs later same thing except no power loss so got it compression tested which passed no problem so changed injectors after that and problem solved

Then couple weeks later light comes on again every now and then but only for a split second then disappears and drives fine so plugged it in again and showing front lambda failure so replaced that and was fine for few days and now light has come up again and code reader is saying misfire in cylinder 4 and I'm lost don't know what else too replace or try now

Anybody experienced these problem??

Any help VERY welcome!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Try and get a more comprehensive code reader on it to pinpoint the problem? I'm guessing you're using a cheap handheld jobbie.

It could just be genuine bad luck, and something may have failed on cylinder 4, check the spark plug, maybe start swapping parts one at a time (plug/injector/lead) between cylinder 4 and another one and see if the problem moves.

renault clio 182
I've no idea if its a good code reader or not tbh am no qualified mechanic only know the basics buddy if I take it too a proper diagnostic place will they identify the exact problem don't want too pay for them too tell me what I already know..

I'm going too check the plugs and injectors when weathers better but there new and top of range Ngk ones am thinking injector as that fixed the misfire in cylinder 3? But what's the best way too know if the injectors knackered or not? As said only know basics but learning more everyday

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If it was me I'd swap injector 3 and 4 around and see if the misfire moves to cylinder 3.

If one injector has gone recently, it's not unreasonable for other to fail shortly afterwards I wouldn't have thought.

I'm no mechanic either though, just had a similar issue in the past. My local garage charge about £20 to read the codes, and he can get info that my cheap handheld reader can't get.

clio sport 182 cup
Buy some new leads they are only £20 from europarts. You should always buy new leads when you buy a new coil pack. I reckon that's what the problem is. Because you have a new coil pack its full of life and its quickly killing the probably already well used leads.

renault clio 182
If it was me I'd swap injector 3 and 4 around and see if the misfire moves to cylinder 3.

If one injector has gone recently, it's not unreasonable for other to fail shortly afterwards I wouldn't have thought.

I'm no mechanic either though, just had a similar issue in the past. My local garage charge about £20 to read the codes, and he can get info that my cheap handheld reader can't get.

Problem being around here I don't trust many of the garages there all back street merchants where I stay except one but he's very expensive but will see how much he wants and if he thinks his machine will pick up exact problem just don't want too pay for them too tell me it's a misfire in cylinder 4 I'm swaying towards injector tho when the snow eventually stops il whip them out n have a look

renault clio 182
Buy some new leads they are only £20 from europarts. You should always buy new leads when you buy a new coil pack. I reckon that's what the problem is. Because you have a new coil pack its full of life and its quickly killing the probably already well used leads.

I know someone that's got a new set sitting but when tried them on instead of the second hand ones made no difference so gave them back I'm thinking injector at the moment but just wanted too see if anyone else had similar problems

clio sport 182 cup
Yeah it sounds like the next injector has gone as well yeah I'd swap the injectors round to see if the problem changes. Or just dive straight in a buy all new injectors that way you know there all new and that problem is totally solved

renault clio 182
Well two were replaced just under a year before I actually bought the car and I've had it just over a year and I've replaced one so only one left to do now am swaying that way too are they easy too fit? I paid a garage last time but fancy giving it a crack myself

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Buy an RSTuner and then sell on once you've diagnosed or borrow a local members. That will give you specific fault codes and what to look for.

renault clio 182
Don't know any local members with one that I know of know few people with code readers tho and some very expensive apparently wouldn't know the difference tho lol but I've got the code just need too find a solution lol and is a strange one anyway as mentioned before car does run fine just light flashes from time too time but thinking injector must be on its way out

clio sport 182 cup
Yeah there easy to change I'm no mechanic and I done mine myself. Unscrew your engine cover that has 4 bolts. Then at the front between your engine and grill you'll see a metal block which is called the injector cover. It has 2x 10mm bolts you'll need a long socket to get in there put the socket inside first then attach the handle to it that way. Take that off that exposes the injector rail which is a black plastic rail you'll see the four injectors. Number one injector starts on the right then goes two, three, four. Theres another two 10 mm bolts holding that rail on you'll need to take them out. The whole rail with the injectors on should just then come away from the engine easily. Just unplug the injector you want to replace there is also a little metal clip you'll need to remove as well but that's no problem. Then to replace it put the new clip onto the rail first then attach the injector and replug. Push the injector rail back into holes but don't worry pushing too hard as when you put the two bolts back on the rail that will secure them in tight. Job done.

renault clio 182
Yeah there easy to change I'm no mechanic and I done mine myself. Unscrew your engine cover that has 4 bolts. Then at the front between your engine and grill you'll see a metal block which is called the injector cover. It has 2x 10mm bolts you'll need a long socket to get in there put the socket inside first then attach the handle to it that way. Take that off that exposes the injector rail which is a black plastic rail you'll see the four injectors. Number one injector starts on the right then goes two, three, four. Theres another two 10 mm bolts holding that rail on you'll need to take them out. The whole rail with the injectors on should just then come away from the engine easily. Just unplug the injector you want to replace there is also a little metal clip you'll need to remove as well but that's no problem. Then to replace it put the new clip onto the rail first then attach the injector and replug. Push the injector rail back into holes but don't worry pushing too hard as when you put the two bolts back on the rail that will secure them in tight. Job done.

Just done it there thanks for the follow though guide buddy piece of cake although could of warned me about the petrol coming out lol was only few drops tho fingers crossed solves the problem and can get back too driving it!

BG 182
I so wish people would promote the use of safety glasses when working with potentially pressurised fluids. Hydrocarbons and eyes don't mix well

renault clio 182
Yes it's fixed mine but not too say its the same problem with yours depends on your symptoms with the car but I'd say its most likey an injector buddy