ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lord EvilJohn!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Hello squire! :)

Colour coding a couple of bits this week mate, and I think I remember you posting a little while ago, like a mini guide of how to take the door handles off, like a sequence of things to do....

could you enlighten me please...

cheers buh :D

x

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
lmao at the title!! Yeah no worries

Take the door panel off as shown in fubars guide

Then note how many notches up the rod is into the back of the handle (will make sense when you see it!) and remove the rod

Get 8mm or 10mm socket and undo them.

Wiggle the handle out, its quite a tight fit but it will come out.

Hope that helps!

x

Golf GTI 1.8T
Cheers John, its that rod bit I couldnt remember :)

oooo I hope mines tight, I like it tight.....

Octavia VRS
Great minds Mitch, I've just pm'd the Lord for some advice on this issue after getting a good quote for colour coding.

Octavia VRS
My wee cousin has his own business mate. He's based in Broxburn near Edinburgh.

For fog surrounds, mirrors, spoiler and handles he was saying it should be around £110 iirc

Last edited:
  Golf GTI 1.8T
Blue4Ever said:
What was your quote mate and where from?

I'm having the handles, boot lock, fog surrounds and spoiler done for £80 one evening this week, through a mate :D

Monaco Blue Mk2
M1TCH said:
I'm having the handles, boot lock, fog surrounds and spoiler done for £80 one evening this week, through a mate :D

Where abouts is that Mitch? seems a fairly good price.

Don't forget to post pictures of the results fellas!

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah will do, is being done tomorrow night and hoping to fit the bits within the next couple of weeks.

a friend of a friend is doing it, he works at nissans repair centre in chelmsford but they do stuff on the side in the evenings.....

Golf GTI 1.8T
Ermm I'm not sure, I've got a spare one so havent taken the other one off yet. But I have had a look at it and it looks pretty simple.

Think there is 4 torx screws in the boot panel then pull it and it unclips, then iirc there is a couple of small bolts or summin.

I remember looking at it and figureing it out its quite easily.

then its just 2 torx screws holding the lock surround on :)

I'm really contenplating (sp) wether to do the bump strips aswell but leave the front and rear bumpers. whatcha think?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fubar has done the boot lock, give him a quick pm or search

Dunno, Giles' car looks pretty good and thats nearly completly done, dunno if yours would become toooo silver.

Golf GTI 1.8T
well I'm gonna leave the front and rear bumpers black thats for sure, well gonna change the rear to a ph2 hopefully.

I don't mind the bump strips being black cos I quite like the break up of colour the whole way round, but wondered if it might look ok just doing them, like not too much silver.

Might ask Giles to do me a photoshop later on.. :)

Octavia VRS
^ yeh, I've seen a couple with just the sidestrips done and the front and back left and while it looks alright I think it just doesn't look right if you know what I mean.

I'm gonna clean the car this weekend and look at all the bits and bobs that will need to come off.

Octavia VRS
think mine is happening sometime next week, thinking about buying duplicate parts so these can be sprayed and it's just a case of swapping over

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive already sold the fog covers, think I sold the handles to Mitch, so that leaves me with the mirrors, the glass smashed on one of them but its really just the cover you need anyway and the roof top 'spoiler' which I think you got as standard. Not wanting big money so make an offer of over £150 and there yours ;)

Octavia VRS
I'll check the finances mate and let you know. Pay day next week thankfully :) Wouldn't need the spoiler as going to get a Dynamique/172 one off ebay. How much woud you want for just the mirrors sonny? Ta

Golf GTI 1.8T
EvilJohn said:
Mitch, did I sell those handles to you or have I lost them?! :eek:

Defo got mirrors Kenny

you gotta stop smoking that stuff chap ;) lol

yeah I've got the puppies warm in their lil box still :)

and spare fog surrounds from big yin :)

and spare boot lock that I found in my boot :)

so just gotta whip the spoiler off when I get there o monday

Octavia VRS
Ok dokey, on the lookout for the other parts now. Spoiler situation looks sorted.

Mitch how you getting on?

Golf GTI 1.8T
the bloke messed up his arrangements and forgot about last night, cant blame him as I nearly did too lol

we re-arranged for tomorrow night now which is fine cos I'm in no rush plus said he'd knock a bit off too :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
well slightly annoying but he said he couldnt do it tonight, because they have got a new boss there and he doesnt let them do private work :(

had a proper s**t day!

but.....but....he's just given me a call and he gonna do it discreetly, so I'm leaving now :)