ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

False Advertising

Trophy No. 440
Hawk said:
My full fat 182 with cup packs, always comes up as a 182 Trophy when I put the reg into insurance websites!
I hope that doesn't mean that you are paying over the odds, mate.

Trophy is a higher insurance group than 182 ff/cup.

Last edited:

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Jesus you people have the same arguments over and over.

The cup is second only to the trophy and you all know this so why argue :)

172 Exclusive... For Sale
gazcaddy said:
The only reason I can see for buying a 172 cup is:

A. You cant afford a 172
B. Your really bothered about the 0.2secs quicker 0-62 time (traffic light racers)
C. You do trackdays

AND its more fun and handles better, 100kg lighter!

172 Exclusive... For Sale
gazcaddy said:
Yes i think your above comments were covered under A and B of my last post.

Well if you're playing less for more fun then you're laughing. Thats not to say you can't afford a full fat and when you're handling better its good for more than just traffic light racing.

TBH, 2nd hand value appears to be the same for Cup and fullfat.

80MPG BEEZA
well think about my clio mines a i bought a clio 1.2 and decided i cudnt be bothered to sell and rebuy a 172 172 cuppage! lmao mint resale value

MINI JCW
Nomad said:
Well if you're playing less for more fun then you're laughing. Thats not to say you can't afford a full fat and when you're handling better its good for more than just traffic light racing.

TBH, 2nd hand value appears to be the same for Cup and fullfat.

True but I doubt you can tell the difference between the handling on the roads, or if you can you are simply driving too fast.

I guess the best solution is to buy a full fat 182 with both cup packs, extra 10bhp virtually offsets the cup weight advantage so virtually no difference in performance and then with the cup packs it handles like a cup.

So you have all the benefits of a 172ff and a 172cup rolled into one!