ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

False Advertising

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Why do people with ff 172 advertise them as CUPS when they are being sold in auto trader.

They wish;)

Miss prints or are they just thick as SH*T

I thought that when I was looking for mine. It seems car dealers are the worst offenders too, would of thought they would know the difference being in the 'trade' and all! On the flip side they often quote Cups as having ABS and aircon. f**king dinlows!:mad:

Baldylocks said:
I thought that when I was looking for mine. It seems car dealers are the worst offenders too, would of thought they would know the difference being in the 'trade' and all! On the flip side they often quote Cups as having ABS and aircon. f**king dinlows!:mad:

Cos the 172CUP is obviously the best model;) it makes the advert more appealing to a prospective buyer.

VaVa
Why would you want to make your car sound cheaper than it is if you're trying to sell it? ;)

Probably just people being thick as s**t.

Laingo said:
Why would you want to make your car sound cheaper than it is if you're trying to sell it? ;)

Probably just people being thick as sh*t.

Good come back.

Ding Ding round two.

The person that is tasked with sending the description to Autotrader wont know the ins and outs of every renault sport variant and on less than £5.25 an hour I wouldn't expect them too ;)

I've seen it loads aswell, tbh i put it down to people being thick, and actually prooved this once, coz I was bored at work I called one of the adverts listing a 172 cup with abs and airconditioning, and asked if it was a 172 cup or a 172, they said a cup, i said ok, so it hasnt got abs or airon then, they said, oh it has, it has both abs and aircon, so i said it isnt a cup then, its a 172. this argument went on for 15 minutes at which point they went to look at the car, they came back and said yes it has abd and aircon and a little sitcker that says 172 cup at which point i sighed and hung up :rolleyes:

S-Max
172 is more expensive than a same year/mileage etc 172 cup so they would be stupid to advertise it as a cup surely??

No one makes a CUP look like a f/f but plenty of people do the reverse.

Why I ask myself.

keben6 said:
172 is more expensive than a same year/mileage etc 172 cup so they would be stupid to advertise it as a cup surely??

I would say they are about even and considing the ff is 2k more the CUP new it's by far the better buy.

keben6 said:

IMO its because to joe blogs on the street a RenaultSport Clio 172 sounds like an impressive model, a RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP sounds more impressive coz the names longer.

VaVa
Same reason you often see Cups advertised as having ESP and ABS.... It's just the people selling the cars have no clue about them, Nothing to do with 'wannabe' on either side. Just lack of knowledge imho.

And PMSL at the M3 v's M3 CSL comparison!!

Storm_Force said:
My 172 FF strangely says RenaultSport 172CUP on the V5

I would get that checked out with the DVLA if I was you.

That could cause a problem with your insurance.

Even the DVLA know the CUP rules;)

VaVa
CUPCRAZY said:
I would get that checked out with the DVLA if I was you.

That could cause a problem with your insurance.

Even the DVLA know the CUP is twice as likely to end up in a hedge bottom;)

Agreed

C

clio172cup20

TJ182 said:
Cup is like a boxster, just aint the real thing - a wannabe :evil:

Well... No!!!

A Boxster is still an amazing car £25k +

a Cup is a race ready Clio. Simple, faster, more desrible and re-sale value is far better (in the long run)

Cup is FUN

but if you have a family or you want a less "fun" drive, get a womans car .. opps i mean non Cup clio :D

Only Joking !!

Renaultsport Clio 182
My full fat 182 with cup packs, always comes up as a 182 Trophy when I put the reg into insurance websites!

Mini Cooper S sport
MarkCup said:
True (for 3 days this year so far - not worth £650 IMO) ;) ;) ;)

Oooooh!! I'll just have to dig out that topic where you were moaning like buggery when it was baking hot in June!!! :evil:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Racing Blue said:
Oooooh!! I'll just have to dig out that topic where you were moaning like buggery when it was baking hot in June!!! :evil:

OK, I concede...it does have it's benefits, but 99.9% of the time I'm proper hardcore...I must have been having a soft week that week.

MINI JCW
MarkCup said:
OK, I concede...it does have it's benefits, but 99.9% of the time I'm proper hardcore...I must have been having a soft week that week.

Whats hardcore about having a sweaty back when your driving?

MINI JCW
clio172cup20 said:
M3 vs M3 CSL

M3 CSL costs more than a M3, the 172 cup cost less than the 172

The only reason I can see for buying a 172 cup is:

A. You cant afford a 172
B. Your really bothered about the 0.2secs quicker 0-62 time (traffic light racers)
C. You do trackdays