ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2017???

Golf R/Leon FR
Well finished Australia tonight, did ok and finished 13th. SC came out with 6 laps to go which saves my tyres a little otherwise I'd have lost more places at the end.
Australia is one of my least favourite tracks to drive on the game so I'm glad it went ok.

Golf R/Leon FR
Has anyone tried the invitation races yet? Attempted the first one after Australia and found it quite hard to come first or second!

Listerine & Poledo
hehe i dont mean it like that - i meant i dont like coming back to a race the day after - when youve built up your 'pace' throughout the qualy/race,it breaks your rhythum i find,and it takes a few laps to get back up to max pace,in that time youve lost quite a bit. Would just rather do a race in one sitting.
You're taking it all far too seriously.

Save in the pits? At least then you know you'll be starting with fresh tyres

RS Clio 182
You're taking it all far too seriously.

Save in the pits? At least then you know you'll be starting with fresh tyres

Haha,i just cant explain it...i just cant come in from work and carry on slap bang in the middle of a grand prix. I do 50% anyway so i never really need to..i just make i have enough spare time to do a GP.

Wish I had time for this. Bought 2016, and with the Logitech G920 and Wheelstand Pro I had a great set up. Then the baby arrived and it gathered dust. Sold all my kit. I think F1 2018 will be the next time I get to have a go :(

RS Clio 182
Wish I had time for this. Bought 2016, and with the Logitech G920 and Wheelstand Pro I had a great set up. Then the baby arrived and it gathered dust. Sold all my kit. I think F1 2018 will be the next time I get to have a go 😧

This is why im not having kids haha.

RS Clio 182
3rd race at Bahrain...qualified 7th,finished 7th..nothing really happened,no retirements.

Perez got driver of the day again,with another wonderous 1 stopper - 16th to 8th!

Raikonnen won his 3rd race in a row - running away with it already!

My power unit looks pretty worn but i havnt replaced anything yet going into Russia...

I do 50% distance. Long enough to get into it but you don't have to block out a whole afternoon for it.
The only downside is the reduced effectiveness of pit tactics.

I thought the tyre wear etc was scaled so that shorter races still required a good pit strategy? The undercut/overcut works exactly the same on 25% distance as full distance, I thought?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I thought the tyre wear etc was scaled so that shorter races still required a good pit strategy? The undercut/overcut works exactly the same on 25% distance as full distance, I thought?
It does scale the tyre wear depending on your race distance but you don't have the laps to make full use of a strategy, especially on 25%. There's a thread about it on Reddit (for 2016 though). On 50% that I (we) use it seems to work fine with tyre deg/pit strategy.
We're in McLarens anyway. We're fucked regardless.

It does scale the tyre wear depending on your race distance but you don't have the laps to make full use of a strategy, especially on 25%. There's a thread about it on Reddit (for 2016 though). On 50% that I (we) use it seems to work fine with tyre deg/pit strategy.
We're in McLarens anyway. We're fucked regardless.

Ahhh okay.

To be fair, I never use 25% so I can't say for any certainty.

As said, I find 50% about right, long enough to have a plan and stick to it/amend it mid race, but not so long it makes the game hard work.

Listerine & Poledo
There's a Codemasters guy on here isn't there?

Dude, can we get an Indycar sim. It'll be a lot easier to make comparatively (one chassis....spec aero kit from 2018, just different texture maps (?) for livery).
You don't have to mimic "real" results, such as making Lewis win everything and Sauber/McLaren at the back permanently because this just doesn't happen in the US series.
You'll have to make some new tracks......some genuinely nice ones (enjoy the capture of Watkins Glen, Barber etc.)
And sure, the Ovals wont be for everyone, but they can always do those on, what, 10%, or however long their attention span is. ("Why is turning left so harrrrrrrrd")
Last game made for Indy was in 2005, that was Codemasters too, wasn't it? It might not have the juggernaut-to-the-face marketing power of F1, but neither did Minecraft, and that seems to have done alright :wink:

This all said, you'll be making a full Formula E title soon anyway, unless EA have got all platform rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bug
  RS Clio 182
This was the final 2 lap sprint in Russia after Hamilton's retirement caused the safety car to come out. You may notice 3rd placed Hulkenberg pit on the penulitmate lap - he had a 20 second penalty for failing to serve a penalty before haha! As you can see,it turned out nice for me! Once again,Perez having an amazing race.

Bug

Megane rs250

Dude, can we get an Indycar sim. It'll be a lot easier to make comparatively (one chassis....spec aero kit from 2018, just different texture maps (?) for livery).
You don't have to mimic "real" results, such as making Lewis win everything and Sauber/McLaren at the back permanently because this just doesn't happen in the US series.
You'll have to make some new tracks......some genuinely nice ones (enjoy the capture of Watkins Glen, Barber etc.)
And sure, the Ovals wont be for everyone, but they can always do those on, what, 10%, or however long their attention span is. ("Why is turning left so harrrrrrrrd")
Last game made for Indy was in 2005, that was Codemasters too, wasn't it? It might not have the juggernaut-to-the-face marketing power of F1, but neither did Minecraft, and that seems to have done alright :wink:

This all said, you'll be making a full Formula E title soon anyway, unless EA have got all platform rights.

I'd buy that just for the oval racing
Alot of people don't like it but I prefer it for indy car, I was tempted to get the nascar game for the ovals but the game play is awful so wasn't worth it

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Used to be on here. Lee.
He's Creative Lead now. Top bloke.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ahhh okay.

To be fair, I never use 25% so I can't say for any certainty.

As said, I find 50% about right, long enough to have a plan and stick to it/amend it mid race, but not so long it makes the game hard work.
Yeah, 50% is spot on IMO.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Won my first season, mainly because I couldn't get the difficulty to the right level, got it set to 70 for the next season, hopefully more challenging.
Staying with Williams for another season and its nice not having the first engine components going after like 2 races.

RS Clio 182
Im finding 70% too easy,in the Haas and ive already had 3 podiums. Just got 2nd at Canada,Hamilton overtook me on the penultimate lap! It was a wet to dry race,and the dry AI is a lot faster than wet ive found.

Im going to try it on 80% from now on.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
At 70 im finding that the mercedes and ferraris are noticeably faster, especially in qualifying

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
80 on the last race and it seemed about right for me. The annoying thing about the harder difficulties with a controller is that the FP deltas for tyre wear/fuel data get really tough. Makes developing parts even harder, especially as I'm a McLaren driver.
At least it's realistic. Haha.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
80 on the last race and it seemed about right for me. The annoying thing about the harder difficulties with a controller is that the FP deltas for tyre wear/fuel data get really tough. Makes developing parts even harder, especially as I'm a McLaren driver.
If it's realistic you won't be finishing 80% of races anyway tbh

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeh that’s exactly what stopped me putting it up any more, the practice programmes just became impossible.
Also I’ve only just found that you can buy ‘efficiency’ which reduces the cost of all components in one category e.g. drivetrain/aero. Would have saved me some points haha

RS Clio 182
At 70 im finding that the mercedes and ferraris are noticeably faster, especially in qualifying

Well thats realistic imo hehe. I just hope other teams develop through the seasons and challenge the top two,thats what i liked about the previous game. In F12016,Ferrari became a mid pack team,and Force India were title challengers ha.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeh that’s exactly what stopped me putting it up any more, the practice programmes just became impossible.
Also I’ve only just found that you can buy ‘efficiency’ which reduces the cost of all components in one category e.g. drivetrain/aero. Would have saved me some points haha
Yeah, that's the way forward. Effectiveness and cost-reducing bonuses are the way to go at the end of the season. Prep for next year's car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well thats realistic imo hehe. I just hope other teams develop through the seasons and challenge the top two,thats what i liked about the previous game. In F12016, Ferrari became a mid pack team,and Force India were title challengers ha.
Yup. At 80 I can't even touch Merc/Ferarri/RB/Williams. Throw in a wet race though and I've grabbed a sly podium once! Third though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Used to be on here. Lee.
He's Creative Lead now. Top bloke.

I wish he'd just push for another Touring Cars release! :cool:

upload_2017-9-12_13-40-31.png

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Think I've just about settled on a decent difficulty (80), although just raced on Singapore in the wet on 50% distance and the AI were hopeless, P2 was 1:06 behind...

Anyone else noticed the AI being incredibly dim witted when it comes to wet/dry tyre changes? It dried out for the last few laps so went on ultras but all the other cars stayed on inters until the end. Silly game.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Indeed, love the game even after nearly 2 seasons already, but there are some bugs they could really do with fixing

Golf R/Leon FR
I need to play on this again, only got up to China FP2 and that was about 5/6 weeks ago. House move is getting in the way.

RS Clio 182
This game has some of the best console racing ever imo - at Spa in my Haas,im in 5th in the early laps with Vettell & Verstappen battling ahead of me and Bottas & Ricciardo fighting behind me. My TM Grosjean was just behind showing good pace,but then retired the idiot! I finished in 7th,after the top teams showed some better pace.

Codemasters have got so much right in this F1 series now,the detailed R&D makes things more immersive - im currently suffering gearbox problems but i cant change until Monza unless i want a grid penalty.

Makes me laugh,we have gone from the bare bones championship mode in 2015 - to the complex beast that is the R&D tree in this version!

Goliath I
I've come back to this now while I wait for PC2 to be sorted properly.

Started a Career in the McLaren-Honda and turned off flashbacks. Had some really good races, even if at times it can be a little infuriating, like in the last race where the VSC came out and I stayed within the delta for the whole time except just as it was ending as it changed dramatically and I had a drive thru!

The good thing with McLaren though is that the expectations aren't high so you can take a spin or pit for a new wing and you don't really have to make up much ground lol

RS Clio 182
I have to have flashbacks on,just to avoid any frustrations hehe.

Did two races today in my first season still in the Haas - a hard fought 8th at Singapore which is always a tough long race - and my first finish outside the top 10 all season at Malaysia,finishing 12th...just didnt have any pace at all there. My TM Grosjean got driver of the day,going from 20th to 10th!

Im really enjoying the game,every race is a great battle with the AI,and its good to see them battling each other aswell - both Ferraris were neck and neck for a lap at Singapore! Hulkenberg looks to be one of the drivers on the up in the Renault,hes in the top 10 most of the time now - i really like how the other teams develop. Force India look a solid top 10 team now aswell,will be challenging RB next season i think.

The problem is im progressing very slowly through career - im doing about 2 races a week hehe.

Golf R/Leon FR
I’ve lent my copy to a mate for a few months seen as I’m renovating my new house so nothing will be played on until December at least.

Goliath I
I've got two Careers going, one with Flashbacks on where I redo challenges, go straight into a flying lap etc... and one without where I drive out and warm tyres myself, dont restart qualy or challenges etc... Basically play it as real as possible.

I find with Flashbacks off I concentrate a lot harder and dive up the inside less and give the Ai more room...

With the Flashbacks off career I try not to get too bothered about where I finish or how I'm doing it it would just frustrate me. But if I do get a good result it feels a lot harder faught for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk