ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2017???

WR1 impreza
Does anybody know if this is going to be released this year? Haven't seen any info and we already had a thread by this time last year for the current game.
Really hope we will see an update on 2016 because for me its been such a big improvement ,I'm still playing it now

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Does anybody know if this is going to be released this year? Haven't seen any info and we already had a thread by this time last year for the current game.
Really hope we will see an update on 2016 because for me its been such a big improvement ,I'm still playing it now
Some websites think it'll be later on in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Reminds me that I have a career save to get through, clearly pumped many, many hours into the last one, as it's at...Monaco

RS Clio 182
Getting great reviews so far - career mode looks so much more in-depth with hundreds of upgrades now in the R&D tree.

My only problem is its coming out 4 weeks before PCars2! I wish the releases were more spaced out - F1 is a game im on for a good few months.....will still probably get it tomorrow though hehe.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My copy of this for the PS4 will be arriving today. I'm looking forwards to racing the historic cars.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I headed home a little early today eager to play this game, unfortunately Amazon only delivered it at 7pm.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Only managed to get this installed and have a quick time trial last night but so far so good. Surprisingly playable with the PS4 control pad, I'll try it with my wheel setup today.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Played it all yesterday evening, lot to get used to and takes a while to get the AI difficulty to a decent level.
Did a stand-alone Spa Grand Prix this morning to prepare for tomorrow’s race, so far so good.

Yaris Hybrid
Not that impressed so far. Half of it ain't the games fault that the modern cars are garbage.

I just think that yet again it is biased towards the minority with steering wheels. I have all the money in the world but don't want a wheel and cables in the way all the time but the pad controls are rubbish. I can pick up Forza or GT, turn all the assists off and drive perfectly e.g. in the Indycars on Forza. I could do so on Project Cars too albeit after faffing around configuring the pad for half an hour. I could even race the notoriously tricky vintage F1 cars with no aids on a joypad in that game, and it had VR.

I've wasted enough time trying to configure it on F1 2017 (and the previous games) but somehow can't get it right. So I have to resort to dropping it from the elite difficulty down to one of the girly modes.

On the plus side they got HDR working on PC with no messing around required so full credit there.

Also what really annoyed me is that I turn it on for the first time and it makes me pick a driver but from a small number of photos of a group of total d*cks. I mean let me customise my own if you are going to do that. If I am going to use an avatar to represent my character (as opposed to being one of the star drivers) then I have to feel invested in it. If it's just random Johnny D*ckhead from a random facebook profile pic then frankly I couldn't care less!

Rant over!

Golf R/Leon FR
I managed to have a quick dabble on it yesterday and first impressions are very good. Seems to be better with a pad this year compared to last. Looking forward to having a good go at it this week.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Still enjoying it, other than a few weird things like VSC came on so i slowed down, Sainz crashed into me and I got the penalty.
Also the whole Russian grand prix was in the rain, bit less fun than dry but i suppose realism.
As well, all my components seem to be wearing quite quickly, despite spending all my points on durability stuff, seems to take quite a while to earn enough points, even when doing all the practice challenges for every race.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The game has a bug where components like engine etc fail quickly if playing at 25% race length. A update to fix this was released on the PS4 today and will follow tomorrow for PC and Xbox.

Patch 1.5 has just been released on PS4. You’ll find the notes for this patch here, in English and other supported languages. We’re aiming to have this out on PC tomorrow afternoon, with a fix for the audio stuttering, and it’s in with Microsoft for Xbox One and we're hoping to have it approved by tomorrow evening, though this will be going out with 1.4.

English

· A missing gear fault will always be fixed after swapping out a worn gearbox for a new one.

· Fixed a crash seen loading in to any Multiplayer session.

· Reduced the amount of gearbox and engine wear when playing 25% distance races.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
AI is excellent but seems to lose its balance when the conditions are wet. Probably down to using TC. I can monster the field in a Renault if it's wet, even at 75 difficulty.

I loved 2016 and 2017 is a great improvement on that, which is doing well IMO.

Classics are great fun on multiplayer, especially on a short track, just pumping purple laps between you. Great fun.

Golf R/Leon FR
Managed to have a go at career last night, opted for McLaren playing on the PS4 pad with no assists apart from lowest TC setting and on 70 (Hard) difficulty.
I was nowhere in FP1 about 5 seconds off the Mercs and dead last. Managed to improve a little up to Qualifying and started18th.
In the race I only got up to lap 6 before I saved it, but I'm in 13th with some close racing and Verstappen retiring.
For my second play on it I'm loving it so far.

RS Clio 182
First two races in my Haas career at 70% AI....5th in Australia and a 3rd in China!

I think il stick it up to 75 AI and see how i go as those results are a little unrealistic for a Haas,even though ive had some things go for me hehe. The AI seems to drop about 10% difficulty in the rain so i think Codies need to try and address that.

Really interesting seeing the AI strategies...the two Force Indias went for a one stop in China,and it worked as they got 5th and 6th! Even though they were really struggling at the end,they held on.

Raikonnen has won both the opening races.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I find the AI really aggressive still - I keep having issues where the AI keeps getting in my way when i'm on a hot lap in qualifying.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I find the AI really aggressive still - I keep having issues where the AI keeps getting in my way when i'm on a hot lap in qualifying.
It seems regardless of when I go out on track, if I'm doing a timed lap, Vandoorne will be there to slow me down.

About to embark on an online championship with some friends, has potential to be great fun.

Bug

Megane rs250
Have codies sorted the penalty system out? I used to get a penalty for rubbing wheels in 2016... so tempted to get this one though did 4 seasons of 2016 dunno if I can be bothered for 2017

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Have codies sorted the penalty system out? I used to get a penalty for rubbing wheels in 2016... so tempted to get this one though did 4 seasons of 2016 dunno if I can be bothered for 2017
I didn't play 2016 but you can bang wheels and make contact before anything's investigated. Obviously, if you end up punting an AI off as a result, it will be looked at.

Reactions: Bug
  RS Clio 182
The problem with this game - having the time to play the damn thing. 2 hours a grand prix and Pcars2 just about to show its face. First world problems.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The problem with this game - having the time to play the damn thing. 2 hours a grand prix and Pcars2 just about to show its face. First world problems.
I do 50% distance. Long enough to get into it but you don't have to block out a whole afternoon for it.
The only downside is the reduced effectiveness of pit tactics.

RS Clio 182
I do 50% distance. Long enough to get into it but you don't have to block out a whole afternoon for it.
The only downside is the reduced effectiveness of pit tactics.

I do 50% aswell,but with all the practice objectives,qualy etc it can be up to 2 hours for a whole GP!

RS Clio 182
Just make sure you pause on a straight?

hehe i dont mean it like that - i meant i dont like coming back to a race the day after - when youve built up your 'pace' throughout the qualy/race,it breaks your rhythum i find,and it takes a few laps to get back up to max pace,in that time youve lost quite a bit. Would just rather do a race in one sitting.