ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2013

Bug

Megane rs250
Started my career with torro rosso I don't know why but I've never been able to link all the corners together at Australia p1 I managed 10th fastest but I still didnt really link all the corners together the set up just doesnt seem right (tried a similar setup to my 2012 setup)
If anyone has a setup for me please send it over I dont wanna start the race like that which will be 100% race

Bug

Megane rs250
Thanks I'll try this later once I'm home and report back
It seems that last years setups throw the car off balance on this one, also traction is alot harder to hold on this one which might be why I can't drive as good on this one aha

Citroen DS3 DSport
I gave in and bought this for £20 in my local Blockbuster store today. Will have a game or two later tonight.

Golf R/Leon FR
CM have submitted the patch for consoles this week, so that should be live soon, has some good updates as well as DRS beep :)

Ph 1 172
Drs bleep gives you an audible bleep too let you know when DRS is available to use.

the patch is too sort out some minor bugs throughout the game, all details can be found on the website.

Goliath I
I think its something that goes *beep* when you can activate DRS

(Beaten to it)

I hope they sort the tyre wear on some of the tracks out

RS Clio 182
Did anyone else have some major tyre wear problems at Hungary? I had my best qualifying of the season,got to Q3 and finished 10th on the grid. In the race,i somehow got up to 2nd,but within 4 laps my option tyres had completely gone,went in and put some more on - again another 5 laps and they'd gone.

It ended me having to one EXTRA stop than all the AI...4 stops and i finished in 14th. I know Hungary has a lot of corners in and is one of the worse for wear - but surely the tyres shouldnt be wearing out that fast?

P.S. I accepted a contract with Torro Rosso straight away after the race. :)

Goliath I
Yeah, Hungary was terrible for tyres with me too. Think I had to do a three stop also.

I dont like that teams offer you a drive halfway through the Season where they want you to start immediately. Is that even allowed in F1?

Id prefer them to offer you a contract for the following season, provided you finish a certain position etc...

RS Clio 182
I dont like that teams offer you a drive halfway through the Season where they want you to start immediately. Is that even allowed in F1?

Id prefer them to offer you a contract for the following season, provided you finish a certain position etc...

Yeah,i kind of agree - but ive only changed mid way because im in one of the bottom teams,i just want a slightly more competitive car - Torro Rosso have only 1 point so far anyway! Still will be a big struggle to challenge for points.

Golf R/Leon FR
If I get an offer I'm not going to accept it and wait until the end of the season. I'll stick with the Marussia.

RS Clio 182
Console patch is out - theres a DRS beep but its really quiet,theres vibration in the pad now but oddly not when you go on rumble strips!

They also had Bahrain on the wrong difficulty - Pro was mixed up with Expert - thats why i found it so tough lol!

RS Clio 182
Has it made any improvements? I know a lot of the patch was for online stuff.

I wouldnt say in pure gameplay terms - but i dont think anything needed changing personally,i was happy with it.

Just got my first points at Belguim in the Torro Rosso! Qualified 13th,but managed to get up to 7th and timed my 2 stops well - was fighting off Grosjean & the 2 McLarens for the latter part of the race but finished in 6th. I think blocking was the key here,as my TM Verne in 14th had a faster lap time than me of 0.5 sec hehe.

RS Clio 182
ffs,just accidently picked Grosjean as my rival when i was going to pick Di Resta. Now got to stick with him as you cant change it.:mad:

Golf R/Leon FR
Just finished Spain and really struggled! Ended up 19th after the tyres went off and lost the back end on the last lap.

RS Clio 182
My results for Season 1 (Pro,50%)

(Caterham)

Aus : 14th
KL : 15th
Chi : 12th
Bah : 13th
Spn : 17th
Mon : 20th
Can : 11th
Gbr : 14th
Ger : 14th
Hun : 14th

(Torro Rosso)

Bel : 6th
Ita : 7th
Sin : RET
Kor : 5th
Jap : 13th
Ind : 10th
Uae : 9th
USA : RET
Bra : 6th

Started getting in the points when i went to Torro Rosso - i finished 11th overall in the championship,with 38 pts - just behind Hulkenberg. Those 2 retirements came from really bad wet tyre choices when i made stops hehe.

Ive gone to Williams for Season 2,they seem to be equal performance with Torro Rosso & Force India. Sauber would be the next step up - could be the team to watch in this season!

Vettell won the first season,but it was close between him and Hamilton. Rosberg seemed to get quite a few poles but always struggled in the races.

I'l say Massa could be the driver to watch - finished the season really strong,outracing Alonso haha!

RS Clio 182
I've had to drop to Inter difficulty. Finishing 15th every race was not for me.

For what team? I quite enjoyed the early battles in the Caterham on Pro,felt realistic....obviously you want to get in a faster car before long though. Try going for Force India,Torro Rosso or Williams on Pro - youll have more chance of battling for points..

Lee

BMW M2C
Good to see we got the AI up to a challenging level this year. Glad you're enjoying the game too.

Golf R/Leon FR
I like to have it as real as possible so im on expert with Marussia. I dont see the point in winning races in a team that would be winning in real life. I'll be patient and take a better drive at the end of the season.

Lee

BMW M2C
For what team? I quite enjoyed the early battles in the Caterham on Pro,felt realistic....obviously you want to get in a faster car before long though. Try going for Force India,Torro Rosso or Williams on Pro - youll have more chance of battling for points..

In order of performance it's Toro Rosso, Force India then Williams. Beyond that it's Sauber, McLaren Lotus. The top tier cars are all very similar but have different strenghts and weaknesses. The Red Bull obviously has the best cornering speeds, but top end suffers a little. The Merc is quick in a straight line and decent in the corners but also suffers from tyre wear, the Ferrari is my fave though, as it's weight balance makes the rear a little more mobile. It's a mix of the other two. It really mixes up which tracks the cars do best at.

RS Clio 182
In order of performance it's Toro Rosso, Force India then Williams. Beyond that it's Sauber, McLaren Lotus. The top tier cars are all very similar but have different strenghts and weaknesses. The Red Bull obviously has the best cornering speeds, but top end suffers a little. The Merc is quick in a straight line and decent in the corners but also suffers from tyre wear, the Ferrari is my fave though, as it's weight balance makes the rear a little more mobile. It's a mix of the other two. It really mixes up which tracks the cars do best at.

So i may have taken a backwards step in going from torro rosso to williams hehe? It will be interesting to see how my 2nd season pans out.

I really liked the Lotus when i drove it....hoping to get a seat there maybe in season 3!

Lee

BMW M2C
We're looking at releasing another one Gareth, but that's not my decision. We wanted the beep louder too, but it wasn't as easy as you would think due to how the audio files are packaged.

If you liked the Lotus you'll like the Williams, they have similar weight distribution. The Williams is a really nice car to drive. I often use that in that class.

Golf R/Leon FR
We're looking at releasing another one Gareth, but that's not my decision. We wanted the beep louder too, but it wasn't as easy as you would think due to how the audio files are packaged.

I'll have a look on the forum and see about the patch, although the DRS beep is my only gripe this year.

RS Clio 182
People have been complaining about the excessive tyre wear this year,but im actually enjoying it - thinking about tyre choice and actually saving them - the races are a lot more strategic than previous versions. Some tracks do go a bit far such as Hungary,where i had to make an extra stop compared to the AI. Im having to change my pit stategy,replacing options with primes on stops so i get an extra couple of laps in there.

Quick question about the tyre compounds - in previous versions of the game,the grippier option tyre was always a red/yellow/orange colour on the trim and Prime always white.

But in 2013,some races the prime can be white and the options the red etc. - is this a glitch or is it correct?

Lee

BMW M2C
People have been complaining about the excessive tyre wear this year,but im actually enjoying it - thinking about tyre choice and actually saving them - the races are a lot more strategic than previous versions. Some tracks do go a bit far such as Hungary,where i had to make an extra stop compared to the AI. Im having to change my pit stategy,replacing options with primes on stops so i get an extra couple of laps in there.

Quick question about the tyre compounds - in previous versions of the game,the grippier option tyre was always a red/yellow/orange colour on the trim and Prime always white.

But in 2013,some races the prime can be white and the options the red etc. - is this a glitch or is it correct?

All compounds for each track are correct. That's right. http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/10/15074.html

The white are medium. Orange are hard now. So super soft (red) and medium (white) crops up a few times.

RS Clio 182
Just got a great 5th place in my first race in the Williams at Melbourne...Lee was right,the Williams is very nice to handle,feels more balanced than the TR. I qualified in 11th,and managed to battle up into the points - was fending off both Red Bulls in the end - champion Vettel could only manage 7th.

I said Sauber would be one to watch - and Hulkenberg came 4th! Gutierrez also finished in 8th,starting in 18th! It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Goliath I
3/4 way through the first season with Force India on Legend (or Expert?) and just had my first race win!

It was an epic race in Monza (25% distance)... Qualified 10th and given a race target of 8th, first corner down the inside get up to 7th then WHAM! rear ended and facing the wrong way on the gravel!

Resisted rage quitting and thought sod it let's see how I do... Next corner a massive 6 car crash had occurred and managed to weave through it, caught up and overtook a few more getting back up to around 15th, 2 cars had come off which took me to 13th... Then my teammate Di Resta (coincidentally) had come off bringing out the safety car. Pitted after one lap under the safety car knowing the tyres would last, after car in and I pass a few of the back runners and everyone starts pitting... Jobs done!

RS Clio 182
Into my 2nd race with Williams and ive changed it to Expert AI as i was 1st after Q2,by about 0.5 second,which is just not realistic.

Expert in Q3 - and im 10th,3 seconds off pole position lol.

RS Clio 182
So,different difficulty,same result - another 5th at my 2nd race! Managed to go from 10th to to the top 3 in the early part of the race - Webber had the win sown up already,with around a 30 second lead - but a safety car half way through ruined it for him - he took a late pit stop and ended up 15th!! I had a shout at a podium but Rosberg & Massa overtook me in the last few laps as i overshot a corner twice with worn tyres.

Goliath I
The perfect wheel for this game...

3uvyruqu.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005L0Z2CK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Golf R/Leon FR
Just done Monaco and Canada in career. Still hate Monaco lol although easier to drive than 12. Finished last and 3 laps down on Vettel. Got a drive through mid way through for hitting Jev and the tyres were going off really quickly so had to make a 3rd stop.
Canada was much better, big pile up on the 3rd corner meant 4 cars retired and Canada is my favourite track. Managed to fend off Grosjean to 10th place.

RS Clio 182
I got a disappointing 14th at China - was battling for 9th/10th in the first stint but had a couple of slow in/out laps for my stops aand lost ground. Enjoying the expert difficulty though.

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm now halfway through Silverstone in the wet. Another 4 car accident on the 1st lap meant I jumped to 14th and currently trying to fend off Sutil, but everyone is so much faster in the wet on this circuit.