ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2013

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Finding the handling has been improved. Can push harder and brake later. Brake lock ups seem more natural now and doe happen all the time.
The penalty system seems a bit more relaxed.
AI seem a lot more intelligent and will fight for a position with you and amongst themselves.

Goliath I
The Classic content is brilliant. The sound, lighting and handling of the cars are superb. Like the 80's Williams you have to feather the steering wheel and the accelerator, full power anywhere than on a straight line will have you doing circles!

Seems a good few scenarios added compared to the last game, but I've not really had a play of these yet.

I've started Career again for the third time as I've put my Force India on pole every time... I'm on the hardest but one setting now.

One thing I disliked though is that there is A LOT of feedback to the controller, every bump, spin and corner... But I think that's just my personal preference and some people will prefer it as it helps you read the road.

RS Clio 182
Just doing some scenarios in the modern cars - the AI seems much improved,more human-like,will block their racing line more,and they look to be properly racing themselves aswell,using some aggressive DRS moves on straights...the penalties seem less strict aswell - if you touch someones rear end,you dont get a penalty as easily as previous games.

Theyve improved the overall track sound aswell,was on Interlagos and it makes the experience a lot more intense - the sound of other AI cars is a lot more prominent.

RS Clio 182
Worth buying over 12 then?

If youre a big F1 fan then definatly,just for the changed driver line ups,more in depth scenario mode and classics. If your a casual gamer,then maybe not. The first reviewer of this gave 6/10,which is ridiculous. Its the only racing game i really play now - i lose interest in games like Grid and Gran Turismo pretty fast.

If youre a big F1 fan then definatly,just for the changed driver line ups,more in depth scenario mode and classics. If your a casual gamer,then maybe not. The first reviewer of this gave 6/10,which is ridiculous. Its the only racing game i really play now - i lose interest in games like Grid and Gran Turismo pretty fast.

cheers, yeah i'm big f1 fan although the last game i didn't rate. i'll probably get this in a few weeks. Is this one 2 players? split screen? and how is the online game play

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm a huge F1 fan and enjoyed 12 but the bugs and s**t AI made it annoying. I'll probably get this in a week or two.

Golf R/Leon FR
That's a big statement. My brother bought it today and said it's an improvement and the classic content is good.

RS Clio 182
Its the best one yet,thats all i can say,and would highly recommend it. The mid-save feature is surely a big draw. The AI keeps impressing me aswell,seems so much more alive and realistic this year. The reaction on the CM forum this year is so much more positive than 2012.

Off on a 5 day lads trip to Prague tomorrow,so wont be on it til around next friday...or when my liver recovers. :approve:

Ph 1 172
Got to say i was not going to bother with this as I thought same old s**t different day, but the saving mid race means I can do a proper simulation race now and with the classic content im getting it tomorrow!!

Goliath I
The only people who don't seem to like it are the ones who aren't getting on with the handling. It annoys me when someone has the game for a day and and starts shouting how bad it is...

There was a thread on the Codie's forum where the guy said something like 'Bought it earlier, handling is absolutely dire UNINSTALLED! I'm going back to 2012'

Wtf?

Anyway, I love the way if you get hit your driver waves his hand lol

Ph 1 172
See I tried and tried to like 2012 but I hated it I didn't like the handling not the games fault I just couldn't get on with it. I much preferred f1 2010's handling, seemed much more responsive, almost like its setup for a pad not a steering wheel. Hopefully I will like f1 2013.

Quick question.. Can you buy the extra content in the classic addition off of xbox like?? Not sure I'll be able to find any classic editions now so might just have to buy normal edition

Ph 1 172
Cool I'll grab the normal edition just incase I don't like it just played a bit on the ps3 steering seems much heavier and seems to have "a level of feel" in it. Where as it seemed non existent in f1 2012. Just going to hope its as good on the xbox because that's what I'm getting it on

Got this tonight. A lot better than 2012! The handling is better, you can actually turn into corners at speed under breaking, unlike 2012...

Also the sound is a lot better and the AI is much improved. The tyres go off so quick though! (Just like in real life then).

Not that I have seen so far.

The best change is the difficulty settings. On 2012 Inter was way ok easy, and Pro was way to hard (for me anyway)

2013 seems spot on. P9 in a Williams on Pro seems about right to me!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
PC Classic Edition via Steam currently downloading. 10GB, could be a while lol

Ph 1 172
Not that I have seen so far.

The best change is the difficulty settings. On 2012 Inter was way ok easy, and Pro was way to hard (for me anyway)

2013 seems spot on. P9 in a Williams on Pro seems about right to me!

This just sold me the game!!! Was my last issue that I needed to read about in 2012 I was like 5 seconds a lap fast than any other driver in a force India but as soon as it went to pro I was about 5 seconds slower than the marrusia or hrt, was so annoying as I could never truely enjoy the game was either to easy or so hard wasn't even enjoyable

Exactly the same for me!

Only thing on 2013 annoying me is how quick the tyres go off.

Did 4 laps on some super sorts and the tail was all over the place with "11" downforce.

Possibly abit too realistic there! Ha

Golf R/Leon FR
A lot of people on the codies forum are saying the tyre wear is really quick, but that is what the tyres are like this year so its realistic.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Agreed,

I am LOVING the classic cars on modern tracks.

Played 50% on Suzuka with changing weather last night, fantastic! Had to use medium T.C though.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've got into this one far quicker than the others (and I've had them all).

The difficulty does seem a lot better/less frustrating - I finished all the gold medals on scenario mode last night and finished season challenge on hard.

Impreza RB5 #054
I haven't played this yet, but hearing/reading its been dumbed down a lot and made easier for the casual gamer to just pick up and play, as 2012 took quite a while to get to grips with the handling and balance of the car.

Any substance or are people just moaning for the sake of moaning?

2004 1.5 DCi 100
The rapid tyre wear is what's spoiling it for me this year. All the fun goes out of it as you struggle to stay on track and rapidly lose places. Spent loads of time playing the previous ones and thoroughly enjoying them. I'm already thinking of giving up on this one and going back to 2012 :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't think the tyres going off is massively different personally. I think it's by far the best complete game.

And Webbers swan song!

Goliath I
Just had an epic race in Catalunya...

Qualified 10th in career for Force India with a race objective of 8th.

Pouring down for the race so everyone on full wets. After about 6 laps my tyres were completely gone so pitted, by the time everyone finished their round of pit stops I had dropped to 12th.

The car was well off the pace and my tyres started to go again when the rain died down and my engineer advised we may be on the wrong compound.

With just 4 laps to go I thought f**k it, I was out of the points and well off my target finish so I pitted.

Came out 18th on Inters and got straight back up to 16th, next lap 14th and starting the final lap I was 12th. Track had dried out and the cars in front were really struggling and I managed to overtake 4 cars! With the last being just after the final bend to take me to objective matching 8th place.

Well happy with that :)

8utaquhy.jpg

The wet handling/braking is SO much better!

Just done a wet race at Australia and you can actually drive the car unlike 2012.

Well impressed. Three tenths per lap off the Redbull aswell (me in a Ferrari) seems legit!

04BGFF182CLIORS
re: Tyre wear, would they be wearing quickly due to the distance of the race? I.e, a race at 25% full distance, maybe the tyres wear 75% quicker etc?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Standard Edition is £12.99 for Steam via SimplyCDKeys at the moment, did that then paid for the car pack separately (both for under £20)

Ph 1 172
First glitch I've come across!!!! I was pitting in my caterham, all was going well then when they went to release me, the camera panned round and there was a marrusia just sitting there in the pit with the 2nd marrusia behind it so I couldn't get released to carry on the race. So far my tyre change has been going on for 9mins lol think I need to restart the race