ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2013

Impreza RB5 #054
I run a maximum of 3-2 F-R downforce, only track I use that is Silverstone. You must be a sitting duck on any sort of straight with high downforce with it being so prominent in this years game.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I really should start looking at car setups, i just use the default all the time.

Currently 5th in championship with 5 races to go. Last race at suzuka was fun, that first technical section gets me everytime though. Started 13th and finished 8th after a great tussle with button. Just managed to finish ahead of Perez and Grosjean, but my tyres were toast!

Golf R/Leon FR
I dont think they make as much difference as they should, but seem to get better tyre wear with them.
First sector at Suzuka is tricky, I find lifting off in the corners is much better than braking in that section. Feels awesome when you get it right though.

Impreza RB5 #054
I dont think they make as much difference as they should, but seem to get better tyre wear with them.
First sector at Suzuka is tricky, I find lifting off in the corners is much better than braking in that section. Feels awesome when you get it right though.

Not sure if srs?

What setting are people using for the AI? Legend?

RS Clio 182
Started season 3 with Lotus - the car is definatly a lot better than the Sauber,seems more planted and balanced. I got a bit of a disappointing 13th in Quali at Melbourne,but the race went better - got up to 6th,and was battling with Webber and TM Raikkonen behind me most of the race...Alonso retired near the end,so finished in 5th! The lotus is a whole second and a half faster than the Williams of season 2 at the same track......McLaren look quick this season - Perez in 4th!

Golf R/Leon FR
Just finished Hungarian GP. Qualified 7th but as usual on this track the tyre wear is horrendous so I had to make a 4th stop! Finished 18th! Surprisingly though I've just had a contract offer from Red Bull!! Let's see how quick this is then! :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Starting to like the India circuit - qualified 11th and shot up the inside at the first corner, right into second place behind Vettel. Managed to stay in second until my tyres started going off. I came in a lap to late as rosberg had just overtaken me. Did a couple of flying laps on the new tyres and rosberg overtook me again coming out of the pits. He was booting it so i changed to rich fuel mix and managed to pass him using DRS. Managed to stay in 2nd until the end of the race, holding a train of cars off with some ultra defensive blocking on knackered tyres and fuel light on. Was a real sense of achievement.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
First race on intermediate I think. In a FI. I was 10th til the finishing line and my team mate came past me :(

The tyres took a nose dive on the last 2 laps and I lost all speed.. AI didn't seem to be affected at all.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Abu Dhabi is an annoying circuit, I changed my setup which is ultimately faster, but absolutely canes the tyres. Can't seem to finish the race without needing a second stop.

Golf R/Leon FR
I dont think I have had tyre wear issues at Abu Dhabi, not that I remember.

Finished Spa and Monza in the RB, qualified on pole for Spa and won, although Massa was really fast. Monza I qualified 4th, got spun around at the 1st corner by Sutil, but I managed to get up to 2nd and just beat Hamilton.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had tyre wear issues there before either, its the setup i think. Trouble is i can't change it now as i've already qualified - can you restart the entire weekend?

Golf R/Leon FR
I dont think you can mate, only the session. Im currently trying Singapore, not getting on very well in practice.

RS Clio 182
Just got another 5th in my 2nd race of the season at Malaysia,with my TM Raikonnen behind in 6th - i had hopes of a podium place as my pace is good around here but the Mercedes & RB were too quick. I came 5th last season in the Williams,but i was 2 seconds quicker a lap faster this time,still same result!

Ive never been impressed by a AI performance before really - but Hamilton - started in 13th and won the race!! His fastest lap was 0.8 quicker than 2nd fastest Vettel.....wtf.

Bug

Megane rs250
Im stuck on india with torro rosso, my setup is pretty good, get a good 8 laps on the primes before they go off and when they go off its always at the start of the 9th lap and I just cant hold off the rest of the grid its so frustrating -_-
I need to finish in the points now otherwise I wont beat N.rosburg for his seat for the next season . . . Qualified 5th which was a crazy struggle a few times I've tried I get down to 2second in the first lap but then im punishing the tyres to stay there someone please help me

Bug

Megane rs250
What difficulty level do you have it on? Try racedepartment.com for setups and see if they help?

I have it on hard or whatever mode is below legend cant remember, im using a mixed of a race department setup slightly tweeked to suit myself
I've had a nightmare last night I tried it had to restart it a few times because I just cant flow the circuit consistently, its turn 3 and 4 im losing nearly a second towards the end of my stint from race pace, I almost knocked the difficulty level down last night but decided against because I've come so far into the season now might just have to finish 10th take a point and try taking nico out somewhere in the race :p

Impreza RB5 #054
Try this setup, it works for me and a lot of the lads I play online run it aswell.

aero
F2
R1

Braking
53-47
high
small

Balance
11-11

Suspension

Gearing
All to the highest setting

Alignment
Top 2 all the way to the left
Bottom 2 all the way to the right.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Currently £7.35 on cdkeys
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/f1-2013-pc-cd-key-steam

Just wish it had full controller support.

You can also get 5% off by using the code below :approve:. The 5% pushed me over the edge :D.

facebook-coupon.jpg

RS Clio 182
Just got a third successive 5th place of the season at China - i had a poor Quali of 15th,just couldnt find any pace - but i did better in the race,making some places up at the start...i was 6th on the last lap but Rosberg retired so i got promoted! My TM Raikkonnen was right behing me in the end,and got 6th.

RS Clio 182
Got a career best of 4th at Bahrain - i was 3rd for the first part of the race,but Alonso did me on the 2nd stop and i couldnt take back the place. Was fending off Hamilton in the end,while his TM Rosberg won it.

Goliath I
Do you find if you play a career race and play a non career race that there is huge difference in competitiveness and pace in the AI?

I know in career its all about R and D, but I played the final race of Season in Brazil in non-career and was very competitive, keeping pace with whom I should be, but then played career and was losing places and backing up the pack?

RS Clio 182
The dreaded tyre wear curse hit me again at Hungary - was hanging onto 9th on the very last lap after making the extra pit stop - but my tyres completely went on the last 2 corners and i spun out,finishing in 14th! It was a really eventful race - there was a safety car out after a Ferrari was retired in the middle of the track,i only just missed him.

Currently in 8th with 66 pts - BUT ive just had an immediate offer from Ferrari! I think i have to accept as ive never driven for them in any career mode.....The Lotus is a really good car,but i think it will always be the 4th best team in this.

Goliath I
Ha, just done Hungary too. Had an offer from Ferrari after the race also lol.

I'm at Red Bull in my fourth season and competing for the Championship. I did a few practice races to see how the tyre wear would pan out....

Qualified 1st, had to do three stops and lost 4 places.

Qualified 2nd, tried two stopping with pitting on time, lost 6 places due to no grip. Pitted one stop earlier tried to make primes last, crashed.

In the end I got to Q3 and didn't run. Tyres lasted and got to 3rd.

Goliath I
It's not been officially announced, they are apparently keeping it pretty hush hush.

Though I'm sure I read sometime last years that there wasn't much development from 2012 to 2013, because they wanted 2014 to be released on Next Gen and for it to be a massive step up from their previous titles.

RS Clio 182
First race in the Ferrari at Spa - and i get my first podium of the career in 3rd! The car seems a lot more planted than the Lotus,feels more stable - although the engine noise is a bit of a drone lol.

I was 1st in Q2 - but then it was heavy rain in Q3,so no chance for me then. Managed to battle up to 3rd on the first lap from 10th....was fending off Vettell for most of the race. My TM Alonso won it...i can say now though that i have a car capable of winning a race! Hopefully some more podiums in the back end of the season.

Goliath I
Had an epic in Spa... Qualified 6th, managed to get up to 2nd then got ahead of my Team mate Vettel to take the lead doing the undercut.

4 laps left and it buckets down! Engineer gives me the call to pit, which I do, I rejoin in 9th. Everyone stays out, two laps left I plough past the the struggling field and retake the lead... They all then decide to pit lol