ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO: Return of the King, had to buy it!

Took a day off and went to the garages. Ended up at Reg Vardy (cant stand the amount of Arnold Clarke yellow sticker cars here in Scotland), and got him to offer the Clio 182 (Arctic Blue) with Cup Chassis & Cup Spoilers for £13,466. Am sure he f**ked me over on the trade-in of my girlfriends car (Nissan Almera 01 @ £3800) but at the end i bought a Clio 182 for £9864, so thats fine with me.

My last choice was between a Cooper S or Clio 182, but didnt like the hard cheap plastic bits in the Mini, and the options were just a bloody rip off. and once i saw EVOs article called Return of the King I knew enough, the 182 was just waiting for me!

Ill be cruising the scottish highland B-roads within 2 weeks!

Cheers,
Carlos

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Good choice of car, in the right colour, with the right options... ;)

Excellent choice - Ive just ordered an Arctic Blue one with the Cup suspension - but how come yours is coming in 2 weeks!? Ive got a minimum month wait for mine.....

Sales dude said it could be 4 weeks, but said that Renault was pumping out cars at quite a quick rate at the moment, so i would be looking at 2-3 weeks. Wont hold my breath though.... You know how these things go.

Funny though, to all the dealers i went, they still couldnt tell me how the Racing Blue color really looked like, nor when the yellow would come out (sales dude was like, yellow? what ya mean yellow).... So went for the Arctic Blue option, looks really nice anyway with the dark alloys.... very sweet!

Quote: Originally posted by carlos@hideout on 19 March 2004

Sales dude said it could be 4 weeks, but said that Renault was pumping out cars at quite a quick rate at the moment, so i would be looking at 2-3 weeks. Wont hold my breath though.... You know how these things go.

Funny though, to all the dealers i went, they still couldnt tell me how the Racing Blue color really looked like, nor when the yellow would come out (sales dude was like, yellow? what ya mean yellow).... So went for the Arctic Blue option, looks really nice anyway with the dark alloys.... very sweet!

I ordered mine on wednesday & they quoted end of May for delivery! Yesterday they phoned me and it had come forward to April 20th, so if things keep going this way I might get it next week!!

Nobody seems to have an Arctic Blue one on dem, theyre all black or a few silver...

Callahan

If youre anywhere near Birmingham then Renault Birmingham have an Arctic Blue Demo car.

Not happy about your delivery time either. Ordered mine end of Feb, delivery date last week in April:(. Hope they phone me soon!!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by saxo2clio on 19 March 2004

Callahan

If youre anywhere near Birmingham then Renault Birmingham have an Arctic Blue Demo car.

Not happy about your delivery time either. Ordered mine end of Feb, delivery date last week in April:(. Hope they phone me soon!!!!
I really like it in Titanium silver.

I think I might pop and have a look at that.

Have they finished the building work yet?

Callahan

Nowhere near Birmingham unfortunately (depending on your point of view ;) ), but last months Evo had one in there - where he called it the best hot hatch of all time - so I ordered it anyway!

Thats a terrible delivery date, maybe yours will come in with mine next week!

Lee M

Just about to finish the building work I think.

Callahan

After reading the EVO article in Aprils edition, and the reviews in Autocar and Car on the 182 Im like a dog with two dicks I cant wait for the car. My Saxo is fun, but Im hoping this is gonna be a leap forward.

Revels Mum & Sister

Lee M

Just about to finish the building work I think.

Callahan

After reading the EVO article in Aprils edition, and the reviews in Autocar and Car on the 182 Im like a dog with two dicks I cant wait for the car. My Saxo is fun, but Im hoping this is gonna be a leap forward.

I think you will find it a very nice step up fella!

Ordered mine today from local dealer (black with Cup options) and got delivery date of w/c 12th April!

They also had a new black one in the showroom (that I test-drove so didnt really want that one!)

Matt