ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro clio with 182 conversion project

A sexy one
Re: The sexy mercedes pearl respray clio

Just had a heavy parcel arrive with a new tool in it, gonna go down the garage bout 7 and have a play with it :)

A sexy one

just spent about 2 hours masking one wheel ready for some white tmro :p

A sexy one

thread is useless with out pics haha

Im sure not many people on here would like to see a clio with the rear wings being cut welded and flared out lol

Attachments

• 10-05-11_1723.jpg
    10-05-11_1723.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 105

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

post them, its a project

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v

the air fresherners are good btw. should have got the frosted one ;)

A sexy one

Frosted ones whaaaat?? i only saw these and thought yep, theyl look good on white :p thinking bout putting one on the spoiler and laquering over it lol, decisions decisions?

20Days till I collect some retrim, all im sayin is white :D

A sexy one

Look what arrived today :D
The studs are to short to go through the new wheels safely, get about 3 threads on so need to get some longer ones at some point..will be having a mess around with them later and see just how much work needs doing :p
1010110833.jpg

Megane GT

Looks really good so far, interesting choice of colours, but works really well. Good luck with the rest :)

A sexy one

Fronts needs some minor work, bit of wing modification..the rears need a hell of a lot of work, aint gonna be easy!! :p
need longer wheel bolts as the clios can only go on half a thread as the wheels to wide haha ;)
But when its done its gonna look gooooood :)
Put some camber on the rear, there the original sport alloys

1010112102.jpg

And a little bit of poke on the front, the rears stick out a few inchs but didnt take a pic and time was getting on so couldnt be arsed to put the back wheel on again lol :)

1010112051.jpg

A sexy one

Right this just got a whole load more difficult!! as the only room on the adapter to bolt it to the hub you have to use a allen key head wheel stud, and of course its a renault so the supplied bolts dont fit the hub, been around all the industrial places and engineering places, no one had any of these bolts with the correct thread..finally, found somewhere that might be able to get some made up :/
So along with custom adapters theres custom bolts FML but there not 100% sure they can do it soooooo it may be a custom hub task :O but theres one thing for sure, these wheels are going on the car lol
These pictures the wheel is only held on by one bolt lol, but it shows how the fit...
1010112052.jpg

A sexy one

Some High tensile bolts with the head diameter no bigger than 17mm and no thicker than 11mm with the thread 12x1.50 to fit the clio hub?

Just some bolts with the measuremnts of the bolt head and as long as it fits in the clio hubs, prefrably a star drive or allen key head, but as long as it fits im not bothered.

All i need is the adapter to be secured to the hub :/

One of these, but with the thread of a clio ::
20110222wheels0002.jpg

A sexy one

wheels are going in 2 weeks to have the lips polished and the centres painted as its sooo much hard work to do and i got bored

A sexy one

Work has started :)
Just had a fraction of a MM taken of the wheel bore part to make for a perfect fitment, just waiting on some new wheel studs from mercedes to come and put some tyres on the wheels then get the archs done :p

1015111245.jpg

1015111246.jpg

A sexy one

Just bought a car cover of the ebay to keep my car under cover for the next few days if the bodyshop is full at night then can keep it outside while I do the archs,
just waiting on some tempory transport (push bike) to get me about on lol ;) gonna be flaring the rear ones and rolling the front ones and painting down both sides again, hopefully have the exterior in showroom condition and the whole interior retrimmed ready for the shows next year :)

Other ideas are smooting the rear bumper insert, and relocating the side repeaters, removal of hubs axles fuel tank and clean the underside and seal it and shot blast the parts as I go, paint the door shuts brown, carbon fibre spoiler, carbon fibre bonnet and as much carbon fibre interior as possible.

Then power and a lot of it

CLIO PH1 172

stop with the teasing pics and just take some photos of the whole bloody thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ​lol

BlackGold 182

love the stretch! what size tyres are they and what width are the wheels?

Evo 5 RS

stop with the teasing pics and just take some photos of the whole bloody thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ​lol

I think it's because the paint jobs awful, and he doesn't want us to see it ;)

Last edited:
  Silver 182

I might go and see your Retrimmed bits :rasp:

Iv just been talking to Lou, and he mentioned he has just done some bits for a Pearl White Clio, so it must be yours, haha

A sexy one

I might go and see your Retrimmed bits :rasp:

Iv just been talking to Lou, and he mentioned he has just done some bits for a Pearl White Clio, so it must be yours, haha

haha i hope so else theres another pearl white clio out there :( youv got till saturday to go see them, there finished but i get paid next week :D
Carnt wait

Silver 182

He has got some interesting stuff in right now, and gona get him to trim the Centre of my Pole Position so gona go see him in the week,