ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essex Karting meet - Sunday 30th October @ 12pm

Options!

• Total voters
  SG9 Forester STi
HA! Well I'm thinking of just big masking tape and a permanent marker. Or I could go uber geeky and sort something else out.

We'll see :D

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
Think the best suggestion that's easiest to prepare is someone buy a fat roll of masking tape as Vickyx said & bring a marker.. We'll just stick em on the back of helmets. And if you want to do your own method of recognisation feel free!

Listerine & Poledo
Re: Essex Karting meet - Sunday 30th October @ 1pm

Goodj Kart will have stripes, Scrooge all Smokey- Vicky's a different engine, Jims will be a replica Kart, tylers will have a cup spoiler, Dannys will be cammed to fck, James Stones will be awaiting parts,janes will have kerbed alloys & an I music badge & mine will be on Ebay up for sale....

Personalisation was handled pages ago
:)

SG9 Forester STi
Okay, too short notice so I'll bring a permanent marker and some masking tape and we'll sticker up the helmets. More fun to know who you're chasing.

Listerine & Poledo
Just draw an "overtake on the left" arrow on mine.

Then I just need to get Essex PD on site to have you all black-flagged for 'undertaking' wroo-haa-ha-ha-haaaaaaa!! :evil:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
So come on then, lets have some podium predictions.

Purely from personal experience of racing/wheel banging/being punted off, with some of the crowd who are attending i predict the following people to be jostling for the top 3 spots....

1. Steve Murr (as he's a stealthy ex karting pro)
2. Tony (claims he can't kart....pfffft)
3. LeeP86 (tell him you love Audi A3 time attack cars at your peril)
4. Sir_Dave (because no one has been known to be able to pass him on track. EVER )

Megane GT
Damn!! I wanted to be last :dapprove: Goodj, we could have our own race within the race :cool:

And yeah Ollie82, Id agree with those predictions. I bet theyve all been practising aswell!

182cup & 172 racecar
Not been anywhere near a kart since the Burpspeed event in January.

Like the way you missed yourself of of that list Ollie..

SG9 Forester STi
I'm happy with anywhere except last lol! Knowing my luck I'll end up in the lake during the qualifying session :rasp:.

SG9 Forester STi
Theres a lake​?! Oh good god.....

LOL there was at one point, as someone had a rather large off and was pretty close to it. Apparently.

Anyone done 50mins before? Reckon they'll be drop outs?

I've done 25mins max and that was hard work enough.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I've done 40 mins at Daytona (Sandown), as has Tony and Dave, and that started to hurt. 50 mins may require a little bit of pacing......anyone saying they plan on going flat out for the duration are either made of stone or just hideously over confident!

SG9 Forester STi
I think there should be a 10 mins left horn lol! Beast it out then.

I'll admit I'm a bit worried about the endurance side of this endurance race :p.

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
I am slightly worried about the length of the race to be honest. Got some karting experience so i'll go flat out from lights out to lap 10 then cruise, then a while later i'll find an empty part of the track and earn my fastest lap winnings ;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
it shouldnt be that hard once your in the groove-

I dont like being fancied to win- its a long race - lots of potential issues-

reliability of kart- if it goes t*ts up then you will lose at least a lap-
The start- can get knocked out-
Avoiding the mobile chicjanes
weather- looks dry but could have some rain showers

It will be a fun day ...
S

Listerine & Poledo
I'm looking forward to calling the missus afterwards and getting her to taxi over to Brentwood to drive me home.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
it shouldnt be that hard once your in the groove-

I dont like being fancied to win- its a long race - lots of potential issues-

reliability of kart- if it goes t*ts up then you will lose at least a lap-
The start- can get knocked out-
Avoiding the mobile chicjanes
weather- looks dry but could have some rain showers

It will be a fun day ...
S

Don't put too much pressure on yourself Steve....i predicted you to be 'up there'....not to win overall ;) I got put to the back of the pack at Buckmore after getting punted out of 3rd on the first lap! Shows anything can happen....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I've done 40 mins at Daytona (Sandown), as has Tony and Dave, and that started to hurt. 50 mins may require a little bit of pacing......anyone saying they plan on going flat out for the duration are either made of stone or just hideously over confident!

I've done 50 mins before.

Indoors a couple of months back, which started to really hurt after about 35 minutes.
Outdoors in 2004, outside, in the cold/wet/ice. It was hardcore, most drifting/spinning that racing & bugger me did i hurt afterwards!!!

Its a looooooong race, where as Steve mentions, so many things can start to factor in, knackered kart, black flags, concentration lapses + wall, etc etc. For reference, I think Ollie will win :race: