ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essex Karting meet - Sunday 30th October @ 12pm

Options!

• Total voters
  Listerine & Poledo
I must say, I know I'm no slim-boy, but yeah, how was I getting comprehensively owned on the straight!

Even when I got a better exit from the final corner and did the desperation duck I quickly lost any advantage and was left behind.

Seriously, I was latchesd onto Atoubas bumper by the end of that corner but by the hairpin I was long out of range for anything more than a Hamilton move.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Whereas i managed to out drag Tim down the approach to the first kink/corner after getting a good exit from the pit exit corner....

There were some really tricky corners to get right....that infield hairpin right did my brain in as i kept scrubbing off too much speed through it.

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
THE best driver, but usually finishes mid pack? If one was to usually finish first i'd crown him the best driver.

Desparation Duck!! lmfao!!

Vicky you were mega fast on the straights! Was on your tail for a good 5 - 10 laps!

The infield hairpin was the hardest corner on the track. Too tight and your revs drop and your kart takes forever to get back up the rev range. The 2nd hardest was the last complex before the straight. Best line for me was pedal2metal throughout the kerbs (What killed my fingers after 79 laps) then ease off for the tight bit.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I must say, I know I'm no slim-boy, but yeah, how was I getting comprehensively owned on the straight!

Even when I got a better exit from the final corner and did the desperation duck I quickly lost any advantage and was left behind.

Seriously, I was latchesd onto Atoubas bumper by the end of that corner but by the hairpin I was long out of range for anything more than a Hamilton move.

You must have been kart 13 as that was the only kart I was faster than on the main straight. All the others went past like I was standing still.

172cup
Forgot to add, was nice to meet a lot of you. Lots of new faces which is always good :).

yeah it's been great but I still dunno who's who (just a few actually).
I know that may sound incredibly geeky but we could put names on the group pictures.......
I used to think Vickyx was a bloke before this get together!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
THE best driver, but usually finishes mid pack? If one was to usually finish first i'd crown him the best driver.

Desparation Duck!! lmfao!!

Vicky you were mega fast on the straights! Was on your tail for a good 5 - 10 laps!

The infield hairpin was the hardest corner on the track. Too tight and your revs drop and your kart takes forever to get back up the rev range. The 2nd hardest was the last complex before the straight. Best line for me was pedal2metal throughout the kerbs (What killed my fingers after 79 laps) then ease off for the tight bit.

Im sorry to break this to you fella but just because you are a bit handy peddling a kart that doesn't necessarily make you a quick driver in a proper car. If i were to pick a driver to drive my race car i'd have him all day long....and Sir_Dave...and Lee....and probably Steve as well.

172cup
Did you get exhaust done?

yes, I can't wait to jump into the car again.
That thing is quality, I've never seen such great welds on those and the sound...........
Twice as loud as my old system but I wouldn't call it noise more like music, I fell for it.
Btw It's in really great nick, thanks again.

Listerine & Poledo
You must have been kart 13 as that was the only kart I was faster than on the main straight. All the others went past like I was standing still.

Yep that was I, smoothly droning around the track, taking paint off of the kerbs at every opportunity

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
Im sorry to break this to you fella but just because you are a bit handy peddling a kart that doesn't necessarily make you a quick driver in a proper car. If i were to pick a driver to drive my race car i'd have him all day long....and Sir_Dave...and Lee....and probably Steve as well.

I didn't mean to come across to suggest anything like that, my apologies if it came across that way. Not referring to karting, just racing in general, was just logically writing that front > mid > back. Proper cars are just as fun, but often slower than proper karts (Unless you go somewhere with epic straights like snett.)

Also I hate to break it to you buddy but my kart had a motor, if you were peddling you're probably entitled to a refund :p

SG9 Forester STi
I still can't help but chuckle at Lee's pose whilst he's spraying the bottle everywhere. It's a proper 'oh hai' face! :D

Evo
I think you will find the 3 'clean' drivers ahead of you all had faster laps....

if you ended up on the grass on the straight perhaps its was because you were to slow-- the straight was wide enough for nearly 5 karts- if you were on the grass then you positioned the kart wrong.......

S

I must have been slow because i wasnt wearing my race boots!

When the kart to the right of me clearly makes contact and forces me off the track its more about where yours is positioned lol.

Anyway petty to get hung up on such things, i'll return the gesture next time ;), if you get an invite.

Last edited: