ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engaging 1st gear

Ive been having probs with 1st gear, i dread light incase i get stuck and have to move off in 2nd, putting it into 2nd and then 1st usually works, but not always. Is there anything i can do?

btw, anyone know pitstop in stevenage?

titanium 182

oh my god this happened in my 182 - i dreaded sitting at lights incase it wouldnt engage - how embarrassing brand new car cant even get in gear! Try changing the gearbox oil (or take it to renault and get them to do it if its still in warranty) it made mine alot better - my standard oil had gone all thick and gooey.

Mine does it, alot more when its wram, usually just push it hard and it hard and it goes in.

When its warm doesntr do it any where near as much, my gearbox oil is fine, had a gearbox rebuild not so long ago and they didnt say anything about it, so i can only presuem that maybe its an override of something to stop you accidently engaging 1st gear when traveling along.

Not a massive problem, can still pull off in 2nd...or even third :p

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Funny that - mine does it occassionally when I try to select reverse. Works ok when I select 1st and then try reverse again. Interesting comment about changing the gearbox oil - Ill bare that in mind....

D.