ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electricalumny issue

clio 172
Hello all,

Iv had a quick search but so many threads.
Over the past few days iv had issues with my electrics started off with my windows not going down and then going down and not coming back up, then this if fine and my wipers stopped working in a torrential downpour and then when I turned it off and back on they were fine. Have been since. However this morning at 3 am I was off to work joined the a 14 and I lost power thought it might be because it's cold but no. Then my headlights flashed very fast constantly and then went out. So pulled over stopped and turned it back on but wouldn't start would just tick over then stop. Then it started fine and drive fine then my headlights went off followed by the rest of my lights inside and out.
Throughout I can hear the fuse box clicking a lot.....

Help.....again!

Cheers folks

Renault Clio 182
Yeah, its the uch. Easy way to confirm take the uch down push the black lugs all the way round. Remove an look for water/corrosion mark on the circuit board. If you need any other details give me a shout on changing or configuration.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
my drivers window goes down then wont go up is this uch faulty the drivers switch clicks from dashboard,but i have no other symptoms?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
172 cup,every like 3 months its dead and wont start complete dead,but it starts after about a minute,this happened after the window not going up problem

Renault Clio 182
So when you go to the car can you unlock with the plip? Does the red light on the dash go out? Vehicle then crank or not?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks has not done it for ages the red light was flashing and went out but it was dead totally,then it was cranking but not turning over,had new loom and tdc etc its an odd one

Renault Clio 182
Have you had it read with renault clip? So it cranked but did it Fire? The red light went out? If that's the case it does sound like a tdc sensor strange how that didn't fix it. It sounds like a hard one without giving the car a going over and using clip.

Renault Clio 182
Yeah just located up behind glove box I think there three relay connected to the uch via a clip so they will slide off. Open passenger door, pull fuse cover off side of dash. Remove the 20 torx to the left out of the bottom two. Then uch will slide down off the bracket it's fixed to. Then you can unplug the three connectors carefully, once off look at the side an you will see the bits you have to push in.
Make sure the ignition is off whilst carrying out procedure to avoid fault codes....

renault clio 1.4 16v
As far as i know they are all coded together but you should be able to send the uch board for repair...

Renault Clio 182
If you got a used good second hand uch make sure it's the same level I.e n1 n2 n3. You can swap the chip for the immobiliser over to it. If you are struggling to that. Send me them both mark on the outer with old an new an ill swap the chip over for you an send it back.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Mat do you fix these,my uch clicks loud when putting the drivers window down and up,the drivers stopped again yesterday and it took around 20 mins of unlocking and locking the car pressing buttons etc then it went back up

Renault Clio 182
I don't do repairs on the boards but if you can get a second uch with the same level as above and has no issues with the immobiliser chip the. It can be swapped. I can programme brand new blank uch and code keys. I know a guy local that can just prorammes used uch without taking it out even.