ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elecrical problem with Laguna, any ideas wlecome

Clio Sport 172
2003 1.9dCi Laguna Sport Tourer 120 privilage

Had thge thing up for sale for a week or 2, sat at the end of my drive. moved it about a week ago, all working fine no problems at all. Went to start it a day or so ago and it just makes a clicking noise 3 or 4 times and then all the displays go off then come back on again. Headlights were dim/not working, windows wouldnt wind down, thaught mabby the battery was flat. Tryed jumping it of my astravan, made all the light bright again but still wouldnt start. Then all the gauges started going up and down all together, in stages. Then the hole car went dead, windows wouldnt move, mirrors wouldnt move, lights woundnt work, no displays on, radio wudnt work, nothing electrical at all except i think the puncture light flashed ocationaly. I asume this must be somthing to do with the computer? Any ideas would be very welcome as i nead to sell it so i can fix my 172 which i am missing very much as it sits on my driveway with the broken engine in the garage.

Sorry to ramble on abit but it had some complicated symptoms

Tim

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
Turned out to be the battery. Battery in astra is f**ked to so didnt have the power to start it even with engine running, probably due to lossses threw jump leads. So, fitted a new battery this morning, drove 32 miles to work and then half way back home when the turbo blew up and removed all the engine oil threw the exhaust in a big cloud of smoke at max RPM. Fantastic. Never try and sell a car, it will retaliate. Did i also mention, the clutch totaly s**t its self aswell, on the last journey i was intending on doing.