ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas?! Random issues

Hi all,

First post on here and I'm hoping someone can help me out!

Car year and model: 2005 Clio 182

Got some weird electrical problems… I’m fairly sure these three all started going wrong at the same time as always use them all on nearly daily basis.

-Driver side electric window works with ignition switch in pos 1 and 2 and with engine on, but the one touch does not.
-Cigarette lighter socket works when ignition switch in pos 1, but not pos 2 or when engine running.
-Blower motor does not work at all. However, when testing the resistor pack, the motor does work with pins 1 and 5 connected when the ignition switch is in pos 1, but not in position 2 or with engine on. (I did actually replace the resistor pack in March due to the blower motor not working but symptoms were different)
-The clock and temperature is only illuminated when the lights are on. (I have an after market sony radio so not sure how this display is meant to work!)

-The passenger side electric window is not working at all. This one might be unrelated as I hardly ever use the passenger window?

If anyone could advise? I have tried to find info online but was unable to find any forum posts related to all the above issues going wrong at once!

Thanks a lot!
Sam

Clio 197,with megan'
Hi Sam, Put window down, hold switch in down position for at least 10 seconds. Put window up, and hold switch in the up position for 10 seconds, and most times that works.I have found that a lot of weird problems, can be due to bad Earths, so that might be a good place to start.

Rusty Cup
You won't find a solution it's just all part of the joys of owning an ageing French hot hatch.

My Cup has decided that the driver door no longer exists.. So when I open the car and get in I need to start the car before the auto lock kicks in! Good times

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Random electrical issues are part of the fun. Dodgy earths, corroded fuses, frayed looms, temperamental french immobilisers, ECUs and UCHs are all fairly common.
In your case i'd be suspicious of the UCH.