ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 335i

Dat Ass. Two exhausts make it look so much better

Assuming you did the golf tee mod?

The 335i exhaust is filth. I remember it well. Pops and bangs. Sounds sick.

Do you find the handling to be a bit sloppy? Dont want to lower mine. Was thinking of H&R ARB's as theyre not overly expensive... Seems to grip well at speed even with run flats but the body roll is so un nerving coming from a Clio on Coilovers.

I did the golf tee mod, but by pulling the plug in the boot (rather than under the car).

Body roll is definitely present, but not enough to bother me.

Dropped it off today for 3 days. 2 new turbos and HPFP being replaced.

I was hoping for the 320d again, but got a poverty spec 116i. Hideous, slow, boring and more body role than you can imagine.

Not a 320d
There was a 116i 'sport' in the showroom where I got my 320d from. Looked horrendously bad.

You planning anything once the blowers have been replaced?

8766118996_84d8b0ffe4_b.png

8763489445_0b655c327b_b.jpg

There's nothing about this car that would make me want one. Why anyone would want a non Msport.

340 miles on the clock.

DB.

BMW 440i
They look quite nice from the outside, although the insides are basic and the drive is numb.

Girls bloody love those, they just think shiny white new bmw, rather than s**t engined poverty spec bmw lol!

Dropped the car off Tuesday 8am, should have got it back yesterday, delayed until next Tuesday.

Got this bloody car for the BH weekend now :(

Not a 320d
Gutted. I remember driving about in a 335i. Was great spooling the turbos up then letting off and hearing it s**t all over the road. The stock exhaust is brilliant.

Whats the 116i's performance like?

How is the 116i's performance? It has none. Tonight I took it on a 30mile country road to the Mrs' work, and I nearly died, inside.

The 320d is far, far better compared to this. The 320d is honestly leagues ahead, I wish I had that as a loan car again, I didn't mind it last time.

Not a 320d
Mines in for warranty work already. Steering rack problem.

If Im on a mway I cant go straight. I can turn left or right in incremental notches, so have to zig zag. true story.

Just got to survive till Monday! and no courtesy car.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mines in for warranty work already. Steering rack problem.

If Im on a mway I cant go straight. I can turn left or right in incremental notches, so have to zig zag. true story.

Just got to survive till Monday! and no courtesy car.

Sorry? You took a car into bmw for warranty work and didn't leave with a courtesy car?

Not a 320d
Not yet, Monday TBH. They dont have one available.

Complete bullshit. The whole BMW experience has been s**t. Dealership couldnt give a f**k if I lived or died, the car has gone wrong already. Utter s**t. If I was 40 Id buy a C class merc. Far superior cars.

Was told Thursday I'd get it back Friday. Friday I was told all completed, but now all injectors and coils needed replacing, and would be sorted today (Saturday).

Had a call today, their software crashed while updating my car, which means the car is now in some sort of safe mode!? The car won't be ready until sometime next week. I've asked them if something's happened to my car (ie crashed/damaged), as I'm seriously losing trust in them.

3 days has turned into 13+ with no definite return date.

Leon Cupra 300
I can imagine that's pretty annoying.. but I'd quite like the fact I'm getting a stack of new parts for nothing!

I can imagine that's pretty annoying.. but I'd quite like the fact I'm getting a stack of new parts for nothing!

I agree. 2 turbos, fuel pump, spark plugs, coils, seatbelt motors. I'm hoping it'll run even better.

They've said the book time for the turbo job was 12hrs, but they reckon it's more like 25-30.

Leon Cupra 300
It makes you think too... It's not worth sacrificing the warranty for a remap. As tempting as an extra 80hp is!

Not a 320d
IM thinking it might not be a good idea to map mine.

I just get the feeling its going to be a whole world of s**t over the next 3 years.

In case anyone cared, didn't get it back today.

Passed its MOT (FOC as a goodwill), but now the new seatbelt motors have stopped working. Another set ordered.

Other than that, it's apparently running perfect and ready for delivery.

It was delivered to work 15 minutes ago. Handed their car back with 1k miles on it. The most boring 640 miles I've done.

Roll on 5pm, feels like I've got a new car.

8948224979_4f928bcaaf_b.jpg

Unflattering angle.

Not sure if placebo, or the new turbos have made the car a hell of a lot quicker. I felt a little sick when i put my foot down in 1st, too used to zero power in the 116.

The turbo spooling and 'blowoff' are noticeable louder, sounds beautiful.

Few quick snaps on the way home from work last night.

8951840675_e046c20182_b.jpg

8953030664_3b4919596c_b.jpg

8953059818_c01e54ef3c_b.jpg

8953053508_f338f39f29_b.jpg