ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving in the dark.

Trophy #387
Sometimes when i'm fairly tired lights dazzle me and I find myself dazed and struggling to see after the car passes and it becomes very dark again.

MG ZR 1.8
eat more carrots? lol. if you find a cure then post up on here, i also have this problem. might just be sensitive to light

Thanks Clancy,
Yeah I will do,
I've just been informed that my mum has some anti glare glasses.. I'll give it a go tomorrow :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If I drive for prolonged periods of time at night when it is raining then I get a really bad headache.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I swapped my xenon's back over to standard headlights for a week or so and found it horrible driving down country roads etc. (Although the lamps wasn't the best if I am being honest).

I'm really glad that H.I.D's have been banned though, they are stupidly dangerous.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The range on standard 182 xenons is very poor. No better than reflectors with decent bulbs.

260% JCW
When your at Tescos next ask the bloke who works in the pharmacy section where they keep the "Man pills" :rasp:

CursedTitanium 182FF
Has anyone tried these glasses? and do they do them as over specs or clip on for out of town driving where you cant be seen.
I drive for a living & I use them whilst driving in sunny conditions, but have no use of them at night as I don't suffer from night glare.

Listerine & Poledo
Sunglasses :rasp:

I went to the opticians about 3/4 years ago
"I can't read signs in the dark, when it's raining and a bit misty"
Of course, they pointed out that this was pretty normal, but a few hundred quid later I got myself a set of driving glasses.

Wouldn't go back, even having transitional lenses doesn't hurt

I just got back from my M6 journey tonight and it was horrendous on the eyes, especially when the rain started! Not as bad as the 45 minutes before the M6 started though as my lights and their terrible range were lighting nothing up.

Megane 225 F1
Don't look at the light?

I know what you mean though. Bright lights in the dark annoy me too. I can't watch tv in the dark for too long without it hurting my eyes.

I love night driving though.

Probably a stupid question but will my battered headlights be stopping much light getting out? Battered as in really frosty? I've got some stuff to give them a good clean but haven't had time yet.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I often get blinded by oncoming cars. Usually because the dumb f***s have full beam on at all times

Stealth 438'd 182
slight astigmatism maybe? can be bad in low light..lights tend to splash out more..

as suggested go to your optician and they should be able to sort you out

failing that drive round everywhere with your foglights and full beams to trick your eyes into thinking its daylight

ph1 172
slight astigmatism maybe? can be bad in low light..lights tend to splash out more..

as suggested go to your optician and they should be able to sort you out

I recently had my eyes tested (not had a test since school, 25 odd years ago, lol) because of trouble driving at night, i found this, also never even realised my close up vision was compromised until i got my glasses ! Also, the anti glare coating on them has helped with driving.

MG ZR 1.8
The night glasses just annoyed me because it made everything yellow (lol)
I think it did dull the lights slightly. But not enough difference to make myself look like a kno0b lol.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I learnt to drive in the dark (Winter) and find driving in the countryside easier at night at on single track lanes you know when a vehicle is coming towards you because of their headlights, a bit of a warning.

Although the night lives of deer give a good reason to test the brakes!

In regards to cars dazzling you, I usually flash them, if they have stupidly bright 'normal' lights then I don't feel bad for blinding them as they should be aimed down from my eye line anyway!

people driving behind you with full beams is equally annoying, as is 'city drivers' putting their side lights on and not their main lights, then switching from city driving to motorway/country driving still with side lights, which is not enough to be seen, especially if you have a dark coloured car.

PB Clio 172
does anyone else get this, you pull up to some lights and a 4x4 comes up you look in your wing mirror and it dazzles you like mad! range rovers seem to be the worst ! big white vans too

MG ZR 1.8
does anyone else get this, you pull up to some lights and a 4x4 comes up you look in your wing mirror and it dazzles you like mad! range rovers seem to be the worst ! big white vans too

I get it with any 4x4 an vans. It's seriously like they've got full beams on. Lights up the whole car like its daytime!
It's awful, I've spoken to my dad about it as he drives a van, and he said he had them set so there not too high

Had the same, though when I took off the rabbit's outfit and moved to the pavement all was well again...

though the opticians said a pair of glasses\lenses would've meant I couldv'e kept the rabbit suit.

Lenses for me at all times now...no night time lights as stars or "what does that sign say" any more.

Generally because people have their headlights set so f**king high.

Mine are on the lowest setting when I'm towns/motorways/around other people and I put them up when I'm on the country roads

MG ZR 1.8
Generally because people have their headlights set so f**king high.

Mine are on the lowest setting when I'm towns/motorways/around other people and I put them up when I'm on the country roads

Atleast your using your brain!
Taking into consideration other people an all that :)

Clio 172
TBH I'd push to get your eye test asap. I'd also avoid doing any unneccesary night driving until then. I have blue eyes but I have driven at night for years so it doesn't really bother me. Cars that glare me get flashed, if they still glare me they get the front fogs high beam treatment. If you find night driving difficult just slow down and if a car is coming you can always squint your eyes so the glare isn't as bad.

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
I dont know if its just me being ham fisted ( almost certainly) but i have found a couple of times flicking beam on or off i have managed to turn off my headlights!

Clio 172
I had my front fogs on the other day by mistake, went to turn them off and turned all my lights off. Wouldn't have been too bad if it hadn't beeen torrential rain, the guy behind near sh*t himself.

275 Trophy
I dont know if its just me being ham fisted ( almost certainly) but i have found a couple of times flicking beam on or off i have managed to turn off my headlights!

Had a new nissan pixo curtesy car from a garage last year for a couple of days. When going from dipped to full beam, the lights would go off completly for a fraction of a second. Scarry. Terrible car.