ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

big boost cup
Surprisingly good turn out today shame it was so cold. But still enjoyed it with the added bonus of not breaking it this time

182cup & 172 racecar
I ended up working all day which was a bit of an arse, at least it didn't rain, cold and sunny is much better.

You lot there again tomorrow ?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was so bloody cold it was unreal. Got back short time ago. Was good day all in all...most of us wont be there tomorrow...but dunno about Tom and the others from Clio 16valver.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What a great way to spend a day, as soon as I got obsessed with getting into the 14s,
worrying about shredding my brand new tyres on burnouts went out the f*cking window. lol

I proper knackered though, my inner thighs as aching like f*ck
and I never knew it would be so mentally draining trying to get the perfect launch and shifts.

I really want to do it on a hot day now, i'm sure I could get well into the 14s.

Although a 15:00 isn't too bad for a novice on a cold day I think.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
That fella in the top dragster made me laugh. Everyone put on hold while the strip was sprayed and cleaned, etc...then it died on the start line for him (gutted for him...but was annoying waste of 20 mins of my life!!!)

big boost cup
That fella in the top dragster made me laugh. Everyone put on hold while the strip was sprayed and cleaned, etc...then it died on the start line for him (gutted for him...but was annoying waste of 20 mins of my life!!!)

Thats racing tho it happens all the time

Great day but as said it eas bloody cold!! Even my immigrant look didnt keep me warm lol.

Tom172cup your car is a f**king weapon great stuff mate..

Highlight of my day was beating that nissan pulsar gti-r thing and drawing with him a couple of times lol, then watching him tuck his mirrors in to make him more aerodynamic.. Flol.

Slicks are going on next time. Big thanks to Don for sticking it out god you did look cold.

big boost cup
Great day but as said it eas bloody cold!! Even my immigrant look didnt keep me warm lol.

Tom172cup your car is a f**king weapon great stuff mate..

Highlight of my day was beating that nissan pulsar gti-r thing and drawing with him a couple of times lol, then watching him tuck his mirrors in to make him more aerodynamic.. Flol.

Slicks are going on next time. Big thanks to Don for sticking it out god you did look cold.

Cheers its getting there now. you go steady with the slicks lol. was good to see lots of french sh1tboxes running today.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Big thanks to Don for sticking it out god you did look cold.

I was...fleecy hoodie...fleece jacket, gloves and a hat and I was still bloody freezing. Also cant get a cold as Mandy's immune system is screwed after what she's been through this year...so cant bring a cold into house.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You should have just ran Phoenix tits,
that way you'd have stayed warm sitting in your car with a lovely oven on your head.

Full face helmets suck balls massively.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The hairstyle allows you to listen to badass techno but helmets less so.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I was actually blasting out nose bleed techno and brutal Death Metal in the que
because I got bored of listening to 2 stokes farting past me.

Plus I was hoping it would give me an extra 10th or two,
didn't get me into the 14s though. :dapprove:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm still cold now. :(

I've never been so cold to be honest and I was wrapped up warm as well :( heaters were on full all the way home and that didn't cure it.

Good turn out though. Was good to see Wayne and his mate in type r keep battling it out. Haha.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Had a really good day, as per with you lot to be honest!

Nick tried his best bless him and split an engine mount in the process but lost every single time!

Did anyone take any videos or did the shivering put a stop to this?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Had a really good day, as per with you lot to be honest!

Nick tried his best bless him and split an engine mount in the process but lost every single time!

Did anyone take any videos or did the shivering put a stop to this?

I didnt as it was too cold to video...you would just see shaky hand syndrome. Took my gloves off to text Matt H and felt like my hands were gonna drop off!!!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Great Day and a good turnout still didnt beat my santa pod time !! Good Laugh thou Daves dog kennel is amazing, not funny if you drive a scooby wagon thou eh LOL

Donny and chris have you thawed out yet ? Loving Martins international terrorist look !

Wayne you cup is Rapid :approve: Maybe it was the added secret potion ;)

Think we upset this guy thou !!
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...y-Gti-Shakeys-27-10-12&highlight=NISSAN+SUNNY
especially you Mart LOL.

Will go to next one (needs to be warmer thou still got frozen tits !)

Great day shame more didnt turn up .

awaits shots from our official "PRESS PHOTOGRAPHER"

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm thawed out now Dave. Thank god. Was cold to the bones. Need more meat on me.

Just read the above thread. Made a friend ay ya Martin ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I still remember Tom being told by the press 'guy' to move from where he was stood, starting the 'walk of shame' and then randomly turning to randoms to chat (thus delaying the walk of shame!!!)
Think the cold help me with cleaning the car today aa didnt feel it as much. Yesterday was too damn cold, couldnt believe people were staying over in the cold last night!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
This statement makes me happy, as did beating the Impreza. :approve:

I almost beat the Skyline that was with us but he took me by a car length at the line.

Whens the new special graphic goin on the dog kennel dave ? pics reqd when fitted ?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'll put the external rear window one on tomorrow,
I wanted to do it on Friday but I spent most of the day driving down to 519 to get a sump tray I didn't need.

I'll put a pic in here tomorrow.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I stopped when I realised I was older than the dads of the rest of people in the skate park,
I was in danger of looking like a dirty old Saville.