ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

Don + Matt wouldn't autoworld willenhall (T21ads place ) be better for easy access to the m6 with jct 10 being at the top of the road? ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Don + Matt wouldn't autoworld willenhall (T21ads place ) be better for easy access to the m6 with jct 10 being at the top of the road? ;)

Much easier ^^^

I thought thats were it was ! plenty of parking over the road too !!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

I hae to admit it Martin but you may be right haha. I haven't sent the mass PM yet so i'll send it in half hour. I'll say autoworld, renault willenhall. 8 still

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
The Drag racing event that we are holding a meet at will be going ahead this Saturday (27th October)

We plan to arrive at 9:30 am at Shakespeare although there will be a convoy meeting at Renault Willenhall (Autoworld) WV13 2QU so meet there about 8am, we will leave at 8:10 am.

The venue have confirmed 'There is no need to prebook admission tickets or RWYB'.

It also states that 'Helmets can be hired for a nominal fee. We also hold your drivers licence until the return of the helmet on the day.'

Price is £12 per person admission and then a 'track fee' of £25 which gives unlimited runs.
To compete all you need is a vehicle. This will be checked for safeness by the raceway's knowledgeable scrutineering crew, seatbelts, suitable clothing, a valid driving licence and a crash helmet. Crash helmets are NOW a requirement of the Raceway for all drivers taking part in any RWYB Public Track Day

PLEASE BRING BOPTH COPIES OF YOUR LICENSE IF RUNNING JUST TO BE SAFE, they state you need a valid driving license.

I hae to admit it Martin but you may be right haha. I haven't sent the mass PM yet so i'll send it in half hour. I'll say autoworld, renault willenhall. 8 still

I'm always right:rasp:

Although it is a good idea Matt that you suggested autoworld;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mandy has just said that there is no way that she is going. She cba with boys and a drag strip...its not her thing.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Lol. Olivia isn't coming either. I did ask, but she refused. I'm not gonna moan. ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting my cat spring clamps changed tomorrow, I hope this sorts out the rattle and power loss,
or the cat'll need to come off and O ring mesh gasket thing replaced as well.

Plus I still need to bodge my battery down so it doesn't move.

Also I think I may have sorted a helmet, it's old and it's full face but at least I won't have to spend any more money.

The car was friggin' quick before the exhaust rattle,
I hope I get it back to full strength and embarrass a few 182s.

big boost cup
I'm getting my cat spring clamps changed tomorrow, I hope this sorts out the rattle and power loss,
or the cat'll need to come off and O ring mesh gasket thing replaced as well.

Plus I still need to bodge my battery down so it doesn't move.

Also I think I may have sorted a helmet, it's old and it's full face but at least I won't have to spend any more money.

The car was friggin' quick before the exhaust rattle,
I hope I get it back to full strength and embarrass a few 182s.

cable ties duck tape it be fine then. my cars made of that lol.

Autoworld...Where abouts is it? I dont know (genuinely)

Jct10 m6 -3rd exit go down the black country route, pass 2 slip roads take the 3rd one just after the big poundland on the right, then 3rd exit on the roundabout and you are there..

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You bringing a cam Dave? still dont have a pics of mine on the strip

I can do mate, I just hope someone else brings one so I can get a good shot of the dog kennel destroying the world
(or it's gearbox), although it does mean a kilo or two extra weight. lol

Will they let me have a camera bag loose in the passenger foot well?

big boost cup
I can do mate, I just hope someone else brings one so I can get a good shot of the dog kennel destroying the world
(or it's gearbox), although it does mean a kilo or two extra weight. lol

Will they let me have a camera bag loose in the passenger foot well?

Tie it up with the belts in the back

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Tom C isn't running so I assume he'll be out resident photographer.
Don't ask Chris as iirc he was snapping pictures of me on the way to Wales for black mountain run using toms camera...the lens cap way on the whole time haha.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Tom C isn't running so I assume he'll be out resident photographer.
Don't ask Chris as iirc he was snapping pictures of me on the way to Wales for black mountain run using toms camera...the lens cap way on the whole time haha.

Haha. It's an easy thing to forget. Lol. I took some decent shots once I learnt how to mess with settings. Ill bring mine along too but I usually end up chatting away and getting the piss took out of me ;)

Yeah man, I'll try get some half decent piccies. :) Looking forward to it. It's been a while since I've had a good session with the camera. Probably out of practise.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yeah man, I'll try get some half decent piccies. :) Looking forward to it. It's been a while since I've had a good session with the camera. Probably out of practise.

Might need to scrape the frost of your lens !!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Oh ooohhhh.
Guess who's meant to be getting very drunk at a 21st birthday party tonight lol

Meet you there then! ;)

As doubt you will be driving there so early....not good for a Rep to miss the event that he has organised! :quiet: :drunk: :cheers:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Just make sure you always have a drink in your hand mate,
that way everyone thinks you're getting as pissed as everyone else.

Right i've had the cat clamps and gasket changed, although it hasn't stopped the rattle.:mad:
But I think it's back to full power now.

I've secured the battery down with an old sports bag strap,
and I now have a sump tray to hide all the crap, although it's only held on by one bolt but it only need to last a day.

Tomorrow morning everything that's not bolted down is coming out the thing,
it may help me beat some of you by an inch.

But it doesn't matter if I win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I won't be running. Will be there to cheer you all on though.

Bringing a flask of coffee for ME as I know it will cost a fortune for Coffee over there...might even bring some sarnies if I can be arsed to get bread tonight!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Meet you there then! ;)

As doubt you will be driving there so early....not good for a Rep to miss the event that he has organised! :quiet: :drunk: :cheers:

Haha I know, completely forgot but it's okay it's Amie's friend not mine anyway so I'll go but do what Dave said. I never get hungover etc really but wouldn't drive so don't worry, I'll be there bright and early leading the convoy (possibly the wrong way) haha.

Me miss it...nah. It's cheaper than a night out too and can hardly afford both lol.