ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's particularly gay Wayne as we're all a great bunch so I look forward to it, but you tell the average public that you're....'really excited for tomorrow, as I'm spending it with a group of great lads at a drag event'.
They'll think high heels, wigs and very very gay, haha.

YESSSS I SAID IT WOULDN'T RAIN, so so so many doubters haha.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Thanks! I feel better now :) I won't be burning out, don't see much point really. Might be hard to avoid the puddle of water which they use to aid burnouts though.

HBT 172 Cup
You do a little one just to warm the tyres up, nothing mental, you wont shred the tyres!

Looking forward to this, car cleaned, tools packed and camera batterys charged :) bring it on

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If we have to drive through the puddle then a little wheel spin may be in order just to dry them off,
don't really want to stand still on the line due to cold wet tyres.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I might bring my sleeping bag so I can sit in the car watching! The gritters are out round here tonight! 3 degrees it was showing on the temp gauge!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I don't think it's particularly gay Wayne as we're all a great bunch so I look forward to it, but you tell the average public that you're....'really excited for tomorrow, as I'm spending it with a group of great lads at a drag event'.

Quote of the week!

big boost cup
One thing i'd like to ask, are we suppose to do burn outs?

As I don't fancy shredding tyres that are less than a month old.

Massive long burnouts are good lol. I will do mine in 2nd gear for 5/10 seconds first time round then only a small one next time round. road tires id just spin them out out of the water trap

HBT 172 Cup
Do public roads count? lol

When your on your way up to the line, you'll be buzzing mate, youll just want to spank whatever your car is next to you, looking after your new tyres will quickly go to the back of your mind, and so will any worry of a little burnout before hand.

Right im definitely running now! car is back together and seems ok:eek:.. I can see me being rather s**t at this lol. Good fun though

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think I am going to put the s**t wheels/tyres on so as not to destroy he road ones.

BG182ff,explod Focus
I think it is both parts of license (paper and plastic card)...just the card wont suffice iirc. :)

What if you're an old fart who only has the paper license? Do we get to play too?

I nearly forgot to add my name to the list

1) Mharvey (not camping)
2) Don (not camping)
3) DaveDreads (Not camping)
4) Laine_16v
5) tom172cup camping providing weather looks ok for next day
6) sbridgey (Not camping)
7) Wayne9989
8) Cswalmsley
9) LewDew
10) Addicted
11) DCI RAZ ( not camping, heading straight off to the fathers after )
12) Ben the blob eye man (chris's mates full name)
13) Tom C + Friend in another car (Not camping)
14) rsl78
15) Eddyg + Friend not camping
16) Martin182 (not camping or running as of yet)
17) Marts brother matt (if not working) Subaru
18) Stokie4ker (not camping unless someone has room for a fat b*****d)

big boost cup
1) Mharvey (not camping)
2) Don (not camping)
3) DaveDreads (Not camping)
4) Laine_16v
5) tom172cup hotel now. Will be there both days
6) sbridgey (Not camping)
7) Wayne9989
8) Cswalmsley
9) LewDew
10) Addicted
11) DCI RAZ ( not camping, heading straight off to the fathers after )
12) Ben the blob eye man (chris's mates full name)
13) Tom C + Friend in another car (Not camping)
14) rsl78
15) Eddyg + Friend not camping
16) Martin182 (not camping or running as of yet)
17) Marts brother matt (if not working) Subaru
18) Stokie4ker (not camping unless someone has room for a fat b*****d)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
wont be that bad unless you spin the whole length of the track

Front left is practically bald so I have chucked the spare set on which are also nearly bald and put the others in the boot just in case. I don't need a tow eye do I?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
What if you're an old fart who only has the paper license? Do we get to play too?

I rang them the other week and asked this, they told me you just need one or the other not both.

His exact words were 'we just need proof that you hold a driving licence'.

I'm taking both to be on the safe side, but I doubt i'll need to show both.

BG182ff,explod Focus

So that's a no on on dressing in drag then? Hope I can return everything to BHS.....

No...as its probably illegal to just have only the paper part! :rasp:

okay.png

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus wept, the full face crash helmet i'm borrowing has just been dropped off at mine,
I think it was owned by a pin head dwarf ffs.

It's too tight, my nose touches the front, I can't breath very well in it, I can't get my glasses to sit right,
in short my dreads have made my head wider than it should be.

Has anyone got one that's not running?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Fred's not back. Dave...your plans CRAP!! I can't hold a drink all night and not drink it!
I may be fooooked on the strip and may ask to always go in the left lane...tracking was done by Fred's eye and pulls a bit, won't have chance now and catching the barrier seems better than catching a car.

Don't worry its not quite that bad but will slow me down (excuses are coming out already) did I mention gearbox is fooked too haha

big boost cup
Jesus wept, the full face crash helmet i'm borrowing has just been dropped off at mine,

It's too tight, my nose touches the front, I can't breath very well in it, I can't get my glasses to sit right,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4WlU4oQPM 1.40 in?
will chuck my old one in van if you like?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's pretty much what I just did. lol

If you bring a spare along mate that would be cool, the one i've got is uncomfortable as f*ck.

Flol at pin head dwarf

super_mario_bros_movie.jpg

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Update if anyone reads this.
I went to pick up my car, got a lift and some ARESHOLE left his keys at home, trouble is house was then locked up and I'm the only one in all weekend. I can't get in car or in house. So so sorry lads, I'm waiting for my neighbour to wake as they may have a spare to get in my house but its not looking good.