ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If i get the 182 wheels and it sits like he's i'd be more than happy but having a look at quite a few others, none do sit like he's but he's!

Going to give my seatbelts a good scrub next weekend. They are filthy, but because i ran harnesses for nearly 2yrs i didn't really notice it! Silver seatbelts may look good but they are not very practical lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I know where sunglasses lives, ill swap it over if you want????? But dont tell him.. flol.

Mats brother is here tomo doing my dents. :)

Id be going 172 cup wheels if I was you mate.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Simon is good Scott and he'll sort you out price wise too. I did look at 172 cup wheels but i think the 182 wheels have the edge atm. I'll probably change my mind tomorrow! lol

Regardless, its definitely going to be turini's or 182 cup wheels for sure. I might put up a wanted thread on here for a swap. I reckon the 2118's will have no problems with punters as they are in vgc with no curbings or buckles, and come with (kind of) center caps.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a look at todays post mate, looks great! I think the height looks like a perfect set up and will certainly be a lot more practical. Changing the colour of the speedo surround is something ive always wanted to do to mine but scared to mess on taking the top dash out ha.

Mercedes C320!
Hey mark... How's it going? Dunno if you heard that i sold the 200 and now i am in a ly182!

I am looking for a new set of wheels... dunno if you would be interested in grey 182 wheels and some money your way for the 2118's?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Hey mark... How's it going? Dunno if you heard that i sold the 200 and now i am in a ly182!

I am looking for a new set of wheels... dunno if you would be interested in grey 182 wheels and some money your way for the 2118's?

Of course I heard mate, my ears are always close to the ground! How comes the 200 went and the 182 came in?

I was looking at numerous threads last night and tbh luke I think I've been swayed away from the standards and i think i need to get myself some turinis. Sorry mate.

Nooo! 182 wheels are horrible!

Turini's in silver would be stunning. I think the silver against the black looks really fresh.

That idea could be coming into play soon ;)

Mercedes C320!
Haha i thought u might have! Erm well i moved up to nottingham and moved out with my girlfriend so i couldn't afford the 200 and a house :( Its a shame, i miss the 200 soooo much!

Ok no worries mate... thought it might be worth an ask.

Hows you dude?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dan.

So I put up a wanted thread to swap my 2118s with some anthracite turinis. Had a few PM's but nothing tickled my fancy, then a chap named Adam (Adalis off here) offered me he's turinis. There where off he's cup and et37. They were in high silver with decent tread on tyres and in mint condition barring one minute chip on one wheel. Ill get some pics once the car has been cleaned.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I thought that the CV joint only clicked while driving round with lock but yes it does sound like a CV click.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The gaitors looked fine when jacked it up to change the suspension over. There where no cracks. It was doing it just before I swapped over the suspension too.

I'm going to get the car realigned ASAP so while its up in the air I may ask if they can have a look.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mark there's no way to tell if the CV is fooked just by looking at it mate.

If they have it up on a 4 poster ramp with the wheels on the floor and one person turns the wheel while the other feels the cv joint then maybe they might be able to feel the click.

RB 182
Yes mate, I like the look of them in silver and makes it look more fresher. There are in ace condition but a little mark so it would seem silly me getting them all refurbed in a different colour.

I agree, especially against the BG!

Currently deciding whether to do mine anthracite to match diamonds/bullets or keep silver. It's tough.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mark there's no way to tell if the CV is fooked just by looking at it mate.

If they have it up on a 4 poster ramp with the wheels on the floor and one person turns the wheel while the other feels the cv joint then maybe they might be able to feel the click.

Just phone up the place where I got it aligned before and have booked it in for Friday. I mentioned about the clicking and the said they'd take a look. They seem pretty decent there, not your usual yobbo's!

I agree, especially against the BG!

Currently deciding whether to do mine anthracite to match diamonds/bullets or keep silver. It's tough.

It is a tough one! Your best off having s look at the "all the racing blue's on the forum" thread to get a better idea!

Ooohh excited to see how this looks. Will be after a 1*2 in may and BG 182 is high up my list

Ill try and get pics over the weekend. Black is a sh!t to keep clean though mate :(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks azza! It's looking tired but I want to get it looking clean over time. Will be spraying the dash strips, interior door handles, steering and gear knob insert and clock bezel a bright silver now, to match the wheels.

Wheel alignment in Friday and hopefully they can decipher what the knocking/clicking noise is.

Ive had my inlets ported and they were done in a high silver. I'm thinking of removing the red paint and leaving it silver with renault colours on the upper inlet lettering. A job for the weekend perhaps, weather permitting.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, sorry Sam :( Its funny as I really liked the way it drove on 15's. Plus tyres are cheaper and they looked a nice wheel but I just want happy with the front end and I don't want to change the front end to compensate.

It does look rather smart on silver turinis if I do say so. However if you see this before then you know I woulda chatted you up.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Pic of how it looks now. Needs a clean :eek:

9731808006_85fdff228c.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Looks good, looking forward to see which direction your going to be taking it in now that your selling all your interior carbon parts! Guessing track toy?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
How old are you? I thought you had a Zetec s? Surely the insurance couldn't of been that much of a difference?

Yeah was costing me a fortune. I'm 22 but with my postcode I may as well live in Baghdad.

Got a massive fault claim and one none fault claim against me and no no claims. In May I've got 1 years and no crashes.

Back on topic though looks great with the silver wheels. Shame how dirty it all is.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, looking forward to see which direction your going to be taking it in now that your selling all your interior carbon parts! Guessing track toy?

Carbon interior parts are already gone! Direction wise, I'm still keeping it as my daily. I'm currently saving for a mortgage so it will just be more of a tidy up project now. Few changes in colour on interior parts and engine but not much else. It's not my main priority to spend on the car so the next things will be done fairly cheaply. It will realistically never see track use in my ownership, however I have no plans to get rid of it.

That looks minty mint.

Thanks Sam :)

Yeah was costing me a fortune. I'm 22 but with my postcode I may as well live in Baghdad.

Got a massive fault claim and one none fault claim against me and no no claims. In May I've got 1 years and no crashes.

Back on topic though looks great with the silver wheels. Shame how dirty it all is.

Lol so how much is it coming up with price wise to insure a 182?

It is filthy! I used wonder wheels on the wheels this evening (£4 from my local tesco, after reading the thread!) and they've come up a treat. Alignment tomorrow after work so will clean it Saturday (weather permitting) and get a few better shots :)

Last edited: