ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

Audi A5
I payed £2600 insurance for my first 182. Yes I know, I was mad.

I look forward to seeing some decent pics marky. Are you going to be adding some silver touches to bring it all together?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes pal, I'm going to to do dash strips, steering and gear knob insert, interior door handles and clock bezel in a bright silver. I might have a go at doing it this weekend, but my main concern is my clicking noise and alarm problems :(

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So I've been having a major think lately and after deep thought I'm going to sell the BG. I'm constantly looking at silver ph1s and its an itch that just needs to be scratched. I noticed today a chip on the drivers door and this was the final push for me to sell up and get what I want.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So I've been having a major think lately and after deep thought I'm going to sell the BG. I'm constantly looking at silver ph1s and its an itch that just needs to be scratched. I noticed today a chip on the drivers door and this was the final push for me to sell up and get what I want.

PH1 is the way forward.....:race:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ive been constantly looking at the ph1 thread and its been niggling at me for a while now. Seeing yours in the flesh really turned me as its the pinnacle of the ph1s and although i like my bg, its something that just has to be done.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good stuff mate, yes they look a bit old now but i love mine.

I have a gut feeling that yeecups iceburg might come up for sale soon.

Just spend the money and buy the best that you can afford as a dog will end up costing you lots.

IMG_8033_zps97b1dbbd.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive been constantly looking at the ph1 thread and its been niggling at me for a while now. Seeing yours in the flesh really turned me as its the pinnacle of the ph1s and although i like my bg, its something that just has to be done.

PH1s are 100% FTW.

Really really much nicer to drive than the PH2s.

Inferno 225 cup
You will enjoy a ph1 mate, from 2 meg225's and a 182 I just prefer the ph1 for the roughness if that makes sense, I'd happily have another 225/r26 but I'm really enjoying the ph1.

Be a shame as said because your BG looks awesome but when a itch needs scratching.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure I will clarkey! I'm just weighing up the pros and cons with what to do to it tbh. I don't want to spend 100s getting it fixed only to sell it sort cheap. If I split it, I could sell all the nice bits (not inc any engine parts) and sell the remaining as a ready to start rolling shell. But what I don't want to do is start selling parts and have a half car sitting here.

Jordan, yeah I still got it, but not for long! You want another 182?! You just can't help yourself! Lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mark, don't do it.

You'll honestly struggle to find one that's been as well looked after and in as good nick as yours.

Unless you buy from clarkey/scott/harpham, or find nickson's old car, a lot have been neglected.

Don't get me wrong, they're not exactly expensive to replace things on, but you'll spend the first year chasing small issued the previous owner didn't care about to make it perfect.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised to see this mate. I used to hate ph1's but now i really like them, although i do still think you will regret it after a while.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, don't do it.

You'll honestly struggle to find one that's been as well looked after and in as good nick as yours.

Unless you buy from clarkey/scott/harpham, or find nickson's old car, a lot have been neglected.

Don't get me wrong, they're not exactly expensive to replace things on, but you'll spend the first year chasing small issued the previous owner didn't care about to make it perfect.

I don't mind doing some stuff to it tbh. All depends on what the sale is. My budget would be £3k but I'm hoping a lot less than that. Tbh rob I haven't even started looking at ones for sale yet. Although I've got the money to buy now, what I don't want to do is buy it for X amount and then strip mine and not make the same back, therefore at a loss, money wise. I've got time to look and everytime I log on here and see one it just pushes me to aim to get one. I think it'll be best if I strip mine for parts and sell the body with all engine intact as a working rolling shell, that way its not too much hassle my end.

I'd obviously make it into a project but it would be quite tame in comparison to the bg.

That's half the fun though surely?

Hopefully just the little bit, if any. If it needs work, then that's something I'm not entertaining. I'd like it pretty much ready to go.

Surprised to see this mate. I used to hate ph1's but now i really like them, although i do still think you will regret it after a while.

Same mate. When I first started looking into clios I much preferred the ph2s, but now my option has changed! Hopefully I won't regret it but I won't know unless I try.

Part of the minority there mark! Ive done ph2 conversions on both my ph1's now, i just cant stand the standard dash

Dont get me wrong dan, I do like the ph2 dash but I think when I get one I'd like to go for a oem+ theme and just do little things to it. All the ph2 stuff that would go on it would be cup spolier, rear lights and possibly (but probably not) the boot.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ive never sold a car to the public, Scott, thats why i ask. My first car (1.1 fiesta) i had for 3 years then sold to a workmate, next was my 1st BG182, which i then sold to an ex girlfriend, then (prepare yourself..... 1.0 nissan micra!) which i sold to my dad and now the current BG182.

That's gotta be worth more than 2.5 all day.

I'd say get it up a fair whack higher than that!

It's been so so well looked after.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Sell me your Wilwoods :)

That will shift for £3,000+ easy I would say, you know as well as most that trying to find a nice 182 is like looking for gold in your back garden. 8/10 of them are shitters.