ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

clio sport
How much for the carbon dash strips? I met you at the Chelmsford meet mate? Does it include gear knob insert and steering wheel insert?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So I picked up the carbon parts off mike on Monday.

A few pics of the rear bump strip:

8981795446_0e4960cb62.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8980607953_1108207107.jpg

8980612979_e007449b23.jpg

8980615511_2cf7440fa4.jpg

Here's a few pics of the splitter beforehand.

8980650735_88d080c679.jpg

8980600647_e7e4340c94.jpg

8980597463_cb7b8f4602.jpg

It was chipped and needed a cleanup, which was stated in the advert, so I asked various grades of wet and dry and re-lacquered it. It's not perfect, but it was never going to be, but looks loads better than before. Fitting and lining it up was a bit off a pain in the bum though but after 2 attempts I finally got it were I was happy with it. For future reference, start in the middle and drill/screw toward the ends!

8981808754_b57aa3918e.jpg

8981825322_5996eb68a3.jpg

8980629447_b9e2e7fef0.jpg

8981815100_f4551750cc.jpg

And fitted :) Looks so much better with one and I'm happy with the way it came out :cool:

8968187541_ee874d692e.jpg

8981828570_d92530c755.jpg

8981832336_fac2aa67f1.jpg

8981849502_3e26138a19.jpg

8980661973_4dd2b20781.jpg

8981855312_5271d60320.jpg

Took this while finishing up and I quite liked it for some reason!

8981836756_b6b222d021.jpg

Also fitted the "mist" style washer jets that I've had for ages!

8981840086_097ce05dfd.jpg

And a quick vid because I'm sad lol :eek:

And cleaned :)

8981846272_48a15bb372.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Also I've developed a problem on my clock display. For some reason the light on the right hand side stays dim. Anybody know Whats the cause and how to fix?

8981800574_bac07625f1.jpg

But good news, I start a new job Monday so the BG will definitely be staying :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I have exactly the same issue, I'm assuming its a bulb so I am taking the top section of the dash today to have a look.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looking good Mark, need to sort out my carbon bits before CSS. Nice to hear you have sorted a new job, would of bin a shame to sell the car.

Audi A5
Looking nice as always mark.

​That will definitely be a bulb gone, dash top off for that, and their these really little bulbs. You can get them from Renault for buttons.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I love this BG. The reason I got a 182 was when they came out for the first time I saw a BG one and said I need one.... Not sure why I went Arctic blue

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lol richy! Looks great when clean but hard to keep it that way. I remember when they first came out, my friend bought a bg182 brand new and pulled up at our work and it looked the nuts! Wanted one since!

Bobby, I've never personally corrected it (had my friend Tom do it once before last years CSS) but I only use poorboys black hole and either poorboys nattys paste wax or auto glym hd wax, all by hand. Bilt hamber clay bar also.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I replied to the previous comments so apologies there :eek:

Looking good Mark, need to sort out my carbon bits before CSS. Nice to hear you have sorted a new job, would of bin a shame to sell the car.

Thanks Dom, its a bit of a relief! :) Will you be relaquering your carbon bits?

Looking nice as always mark.

​That will definitely be a bulb gone, dash top off for that, and their these really little bulbs. You can get them from Renault for buttons.

Thanks bobs :) Is it literally a case of pop the old ones out and new ones in?

Looking good Mark, those wheel caps are so much better than last years creation :p

You mean the carbon cod liver oil caps ;)

Its just a shame on these ones that I couldn't find colour match.

Looking brilliant as always Dr. Splitter looks loads better, mines a mess, looks white!

Thanks Mr Alcantara! My old one went a little like that. Just do what I did and take sone wet & dry and can of lacquer to it. Much cheaper than a new one!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Dom, its a bit of a relief! :) Will you be relaquering your carbon bits?

​Yes mate, picked up a carbon bonnet yesterday and it makes the fog covers ect look even worse. Pics on my project thread.

Audi A5
Yeah that might work but failing they do just pop in and out yes, or might screw in, I can't remember but their a peice of piss once the dash top is off.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Seems to be a common problem. Ill shoot down renault or pm one of the renault traders.

Nice one Dom. I presume your on about the streamline ones and not the cup/trophy ones?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great! Liking all the carbon.

I need to order some more carbon for mine, but just paid for mapping and booking it in for belts this month so won't be for a while :(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Dom, I did have to bond mine in as the rear of blanks was broken. However I've just looked at yours as see you already had blanks in, so you'd need to bond the carbon ones on mate.

Thanks Ben. If you need belts then I would do that first lol

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
As always Loving the work Dr.! I have a few parts that I've done that might take your fancy with the black/red scheme but haven't updated my project thread yet :( lol
Have you got any pics of the carbon bumper insert (rear) from square on in the sun?
i really want one but worried it'll look to 'grey' against the BG!?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry Dom! :eek: No mate, just undo the old rubber pipes on the old washers and push up with a set of pliers for extra leverage and it just pops out. The pop the new ones in and refit pipes :)

Well get your thread updated Barry! Lol I'll try and get a pic tomorrow mate

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well its been a while since i updated this thread. Due to me changing jobs and commuting a bit more and saving for a deposit for a mortgage I've decided to change direction with the clio.

All my carbon interior will be getting sold. I'm going to replace them with standard interior parts.

Here's a list of the interior parts that will be removed and changed.

Rev counter clock bezel, both dash strips, gear and steering wheel insert and interior door handles will be sprayed Ford graphite grey. I will still keep the red decals on the same parts I have now.

Hazard control strip, traction/cruise control panel, handbrake cover and speaker covers will be going back to standard.

These are the carbon bits I have up for grabs if anybody is interested ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?712277-Carbon-Interior-Parts-For-Sale

I am also converting back to standard shocks all round with lowering springs. I will still be keeping the 2118's so I need springs that will be comfortable on traveling but still give a nice drop to close the arch gap due to the 15's but still remain comfort. I think I shall be going with the cooksport springs. I have sourced a set of front and rear shocks so I will keep the coilovers on until next month then order the springs. However I do need top hats for my front shocks. If anybody has a set then please let me know.

I dedcided i'd had enough of the harnesses so I removed and sold them to Richinnes on here.

I still need to go to renault and order my dash clock bulbs but tbh I've been too lazy! That's the next plans so far so once the ball is rolling then pics shall follow :)

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So ive searched on the forum which has been a great tbh for finding all my 2nd hand parts. Some bits I got for free (thanks matt e and ricardos) and all others ive picked up very cheap! I managed to get speaker covers, traction/cruise control panel and hazard panel which will be staying standard colour, so they have been fitted. Ive also got both dash strips, gear knob insert and clock bezel. I'll have a go at spraying them this weekend, but im currently redecorating this weekend so its not priority.

Managed to pick up a set of front and rear shocks. The fronts never came with the top caps, but i only paid £10 for them on 25k! I gave them a spray up in black just to tidy them up. Ive managed to sort out the to caps off a member on here. The rears came this morning and look in good condition but, same as the fronts i gave them a quick spritz with some black spray.

So they are all ready for the lowering springs and after many readings and ratings i went for some cooksports. I ordered them on thursday so im looking forward to getting them fitted once they arrive.

I finally got myself some bulbs for my dash clocks for the grand sum of £2! I'll fit these once my clock bezel is painted and ready for re-fitting :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen that Sam, thanks for that. Yeah all is going well in the new job mate :)

I finally got round to fitting the dash clock bulbs. While the bezel was out being painted i just popped the old bulbs out and new ones in. Really is a 2 min job once clocks are out and i can see the time again!

I managed to sell all my carbon interior parts and replace them all with standard parts from here. So i've kept the speaker covers, hazard panel and traction/cruise control panel and handbrake cover standard. Ive painted both dash strips, gear and steering wheel inserts, rev counter bezel and interior door handles anthracite. Look pretty decent i think. Kinda oem+.

Here's a few pics:

9702925408_e26d14e5d4.jpg

IMG_3497 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699680303_31d262d11a.jpg

IMG_3499 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9702912742_431650860c.jpg

IMG_3510 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9702899234_9f53a8cd34.jpg

IMG_3511 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699656415_9e8e89bdb0.jpg

IMG_3513 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699651451_be88d5fc19.jpg

IMG_3515 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699646481_f0f37e8739.jpg

IMG_3516 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699641299_c49985104e.jpg

IMG_3517 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699635707_13dcb399a0.jpg

IMG_3518 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

The pics where taken on my iphone so there not that good to see the colour properly. I'll add a few more pics in better light once ive added the decals. I've decided to just add a red decal, purely for ease!

Also last week came my cooksport springs. So i fitted them on saturday. Had a few little niggles, mostly getting the passenger shock over the driveshaft and into position but with the help from Phase1sr on here via a phone call it went in place. Drivers side went in with no probs! I had also bought some 2nd hand rear shocks off a member on here but not knowing what the mileage was on them i thought i'd just give myself piece of mind and ordered a new set off Renault Wolverhampton, which was great service! They came so they was fitted asap.

9699713943_bf5dd857a4.jpg

IMG_3469 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9702932986_789f163632.jpg

IMG_3484 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Old Vmaxx Vs new Cooksports:

9702939622_dd6faeb822.jpg

IMG_3472 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9699709085_ba8b640d50.jpg

IMG_3470 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Pics of how it sat after fitting:

9702962850_8a932c9715.jpg

Cooksports by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I then took it out for a little drive to test it out. The 3 setups ive had on this car now are Eibach sportlines on standard shocks, Vmaxx coilovers and now cooksport springs on standard shocks. The ride is nice and comfy. A little bumpy but not as much as Vmaxx, but more than the sportlines. The look is not as good as the Vmaxx but better than the sportlines. I find that the rear sits perfect but the front looks a tad high on the 2118's. Overall this is the best setup for an all rounder out of the 3 IMO.

Pics of how it sits now:

9702968188_0d7925992b.jpg

Cooksports 1 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

9702974626_e5eb3a658d.jpg

IMG_3520 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Once again, i'll shall get some better pics when its been cleaned and the weather brightens up.

All is not good though. Ive been having alarm trouble. This is my problem:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?714111-Constant-alarm-going-off!!

At the mo i'm pressing the lock button on the hazard panel and manually locking the passenger dorr but would ideally like to get this fixed so if anybody has and solutions then please let me know.

I'm also getting a faint knocking sound when i turn the steering wheel whist stationary or very slow moving. It doesnt do it all the time and tbh i only notice it when i leave for work in the morning. It was doing it before my coliovers were taken off and still does it now the standard suspension is on. Once again, any help would be appreciated.

Lastly now that im on the cooksports and i plan to keep it this way i feel the 2118's look a little lost under the front arch so im thinking of going either anthracite turini's or cup packed wheels again in anthracite also. Views?

Mark.

Last edited:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The sprayed parts have turned out really well, impressed. Are you putting the gearknob decal on the insert or leaving as is?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks good mate, 15s need proper lows though to look good.

Sunglasses_Ron looks great on cooksports but that's on 16"

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I know scott, tbh the more i think about it the more i want standard cup packed alloys. I think a OEM+ plus route is the way the bg is heading :)

Dave's is the best ive seen on that setup, just sits so right and looks spot on :cool: