ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Tim. I see your car on sat but didnt see who owned it. Not sure if I spoke to you on the day as I was chatting to loads but didnt get names or cars :eek: You did well too on power :)

Yeah I know what you mean about the plate guys. I do like the look of the 3/4 plate but just don't want all the hassle with the police and being stung on fines. Been meening to get clean plates but I'm so divided between 3/4 front or standard size. How do these go with regards to anpr cameras?

Keiran, have you got any pics of your "bigger" smaller plate? And what size have you got?

Audi A5
Car made good power mark, I'd be happy with that. I've got a Ktr induction kit for sale atm if you want it, only problem is its got a blue pipe so probably not for you.

Defo need a 3/4 plate, I went for 91mm with mine and its fills the recess perfect plus I've had no problems with the rozzas either. 84mm is what most people get and that's the obvious size.

Oh and you need spacers and camber to finish it off ;)

BlackGold 182
Yeaa as bobby said I'm pretty sure mine is 92mm, I've had the same size plate on all mine and I have neve had a problem.

Mine on 91mm plate mate (I'm a rhyming guru you know)

48fb13b1-17ce-47a4-9a5b-2b1bc9ba6d08_zps9c10a9ce.jpg

Hope you're good :) Glad the bearing is sorted!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers bob but ill probs go red and I'm looking into spacers. Thinking of going the hub spacers on here for the rears at 10mm non cambered and 15/20mm hubcentrics for the front. I'm moving next week so ill be looking into it more seriously after we move. Just out of interest, how comes your selling the induction kit?

Agreed boys that 91/92 does look good. Hmmm decisions, decisions!

Audi A5
It gives off a lovely noise and is a great bit of kit but I'd prefer to put the £110 towards a track day.

As for spacers, I've got 25mm on the front and 10mm on the rear with 1degree camber (the ones that go behind the stub) I wish i went for 15mm on the rear now, still doesn't fill the arches enough.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough mate. Have you got pics of the rears? I'm torn between 10mm and 15mm but I'd probs go no camber. I'm not hardcore like you ;) Also what offset are you f1's?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Tim. I see your car on sat but didnt see who owned it. Not sure if I spoke to you on the day as I was chatting to loads but didnt get names or cars :eek: You did well too on power :)

Yeah I know what you mean about the plate guys. I do like the look of the 3/4 plate but just don't want all the hassle with the police and being stung on fines. Been meaning to get clean plates but I'm so divided between 3/4 front or standard size. How do these go with regards to anpr cameras?
Thanks mate, I don't think we did catch up but definitely will next time out!

As for the 3/4 plate, I've had mine on for 18 months and although I only drive 4,000 miles a year I've never had any problems with it whatsoever.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Im glad it all went as planned on the RR Mark, be nice to meet up soon and take some pictures, its for defo good reading your thread but i havent a clue whats going on:)

Titanium 182
Cheers bob but ill probs go red and I'm looking into spacers. Thinking of going the hub spacers on here for the rears at 10mm non cambered and 15/20mm hubcentrics for the front. I'm moving next week so ill be looking into it more seriously after we move. Just out of interest, how comes your selling the induction kit?

Agreed boys that 91/92 does look good. Hmmm decisions, decisions!

Car is looking well Mark ! Good results on the dyno too. Moving again?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im glad it all went as planned on the RR Mark, be nice to meet up soon and take some pictures, its for defo good reading your thread but i havent a clue whats going on:)

Haha, thanks Ian :) We'll blame your age for not knowing what's going on!! ;) Yeah meeting up for sure. Next week is going to be manic due to moving so perhaps the week after onwards?

Car is looking well Mark ! Good results on the dyno too. Moving again?

Thanks Paul. Yeah I'm pleased with the result. Yeah moving again lol. Not far but just want to downsize really and save some money in the process. Don't worry, ill still be at my nans every now and again so we will meet up then one day I'm sure!! :)

Audi A5
Fair enough mate. Have you got pics of the rears? I'm torn between 10mm and 15mm but I'd probs go no camber. I'm not hardcore like you ;) Also what offset are you f1's?

I have some pics but no broad band atm so can't show you, ill post them in here when it's fixed.

even with no camber I'd still got for 15mm's other wise every time you look at it your just going to think to yourself 'I wish I went for 15's' lol well that's what I think.

My f1's are std offset which iirc is et37 and your 2118's are et43 or et45 iirc so your wheels are going to be 6-8mm further in the arches anyway.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes please that would be great to compare. I thought my 2118's were always et38 but when I was cleaning them last week I notice that they were actually et43 so maybe 15mm on rear would be better. I just don't want them to rub or have to roll the arches, due to not having any added camber. But I know what your saying mate.

Audi A5
Your be fine mate as you've got coilovers so if its rubbing a bit you can just raise the rear to adjust. I tryed 25mm on the rear once and even them could be made to not rub. Plus the dive looks good y0 ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure mate as its on coilovers (vmaxx) and I just adjusted it to the height I was happy with. I've got pics of the height settings on the coilovers that I can post up if you want?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ok I posted up some pics a few pages back but realised that I had adjusted the rear height since those pics were taken. The fronts are still the same but the rears are like this.

8480398004_43329cfe34.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

The adjuster ring was raised till it was flush against the top of the adjuster and then I would it down 3 full turns. Check page 7 for the front measurements :)

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Well I've just had some bad news today. I've been told I'm losing my job so it looks like the bg will be going :( proper gutted :(

Absolutely gutting mate. Just looked through this thread, that's a proper anti-climax. Such a nice car.

Hope you get a new job in time mate.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Well I've just had some bad news today. I've been told I'm losing my job so it looks like the bg will be going :( proper gutted :(

Bloody hell mate im well gutted for ya, as your in harlow get in at stansted airport mate, summer is looming and they will need staff

BG 182 FF
Gutted for you fella, such a nice BG such a shame if it where to end this way :/ Good luck in the search for a job hopefully you find something soon.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Not good dude !
If your selling it give me a heads up as my bro maybe interested in it!

however hope you sort things out dude and get to keep it!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

fletcher, it would break my heart to break it after putting all that time and effort into it. In my eyes it still needs a bit of tidying up to do that I had planned as it was still going to be a project but atm its not looking very good :( it's come at a real bad time to as me and the gf just moved last Monday. Sod's law eh?!

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Can't believe that about the job! Will be losing a 'black and red' themed BG friend :( lol hopefully you'll get another job sorted mark!

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
By the way, on the spacer side of things, I have et30 wheels, 10mm 2° camber axle spacers, and 15mm wheel spacers, and get virtually no rubbing at all ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the kind positive comments guys. I have 90 days consultation to see whether ill be moved to dagahnam depot or take redundancy. If the first then ill be on a lower paid contract with 1hr each way commute. If the latter then the reduction will be around 5k plus shares. If I can find another job ill take the latter. Either way ill keep the bg for the time being as I have a few months grace but although I agree that it will make more money being broken/split I haven't got the tools, time and full knowledge to do so, so it would be sold as it currently is. Not sure what its worth? Any ideas guys? It's real dump as I only moved last Monday, been in a week and just bought new fridge freezer, washing machine, 3 and 2 piece suite, all new home equipment and redecorated only a week later have this dropped on me :(

Im not giving up yet and really don't want to get rid of the clio as a lot of you know that I've put a lot of time and money into it and although it may not be everyone's cuppa tea I love it and want to carry on my progress on it so we shall see. Hopefully it won't come to sell it but I need to look at my options realistically and selling the bg does come into that.

That's a petty decent redundancy paid. Journey to Dagenham shouldn't be to bad from yours but I guess it comes with a pay cut.

Hope it works out for you, keep hold of it for the time being. Doesn't cost a lot to run/own, so just sell when you really have to.

Just seen this mate. Keep the car and get on the job hunt pronto!Even if it's unconfirmed yet it'd be worth having something in back up.

Also, worst case scenario, RE: breaking for parts, you could have all the good bits off in a few hours with a bit of help from a few of the SE lot! Oh and b*llox you don't have the right tools!! You did it all in the first place so you can undo it lol :rasp:

Hope things work out job-wise though!