ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I'd love to see it, when is the next big meet dmallet? (you usually seem to know) :p

clio 172 phase 2
just looked at most of the pics on your flicker profile mate ive come to the decision that my 2118s have to go anthracite ,!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Haha you know it makes sense! I've only seen mine, a pic of soneones from FCS 09/10 and dan90 (I think) in black with anthracite 2118s :)

Plus it will hide the dirt easier than the white ones ;)

clio 172 phase 2
exactly what im thinking mate ! sick of cleaning the white wheels ! plus im getting them wheel bolts and i dont think they lookmvery good against white either lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome! They are a lovely looking set of bolts :)

I bought mine 2nd hand and they cost me £40. That included 16x normal polarised bolts and 4x locking polarised bolts :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
A few quick pics to tease you.... ;)

694A89BD-50BC-498A-844B-455482A11464-2539-000003B3296E894B.gif

FE792A59-E84F-4DB7-A8E6-A18FD2B45613-2539-000003B339B92147.gif

Last edited:
  clio 172 phase 2
ah they look good man ! my minds deffinatley made up the colour of my wheel have to change i think :/ luckly theres a a few powdercoaters local to me so il phone round for a quote next week !

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Was good to see you last night mark uve done an amazing job on the 182 shes lovely mate one of the best ones around for sure mate :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have a white and a anthracite set of 2118s. win win TBH

Be careful with the TPI wheel bolts, as the locking ones are quite weak, and will rust.

Car looks good Mark :)

Show off! Since you mentioned that I've been a bit more careful, cheers fletch :)

awesome car!!

how you finding the rear sachs dampers?

Tbh I can't say I find them any different from the v-maxx comfort wise, but they don't seem to sag as much under heavy acceleration.

Seen as my vmaxx's were buggered and these ones aren't, it sits higher on the rear so I'm just adjusting the adjusters to get that rear height that I'm happy with. It's currently at 2 1/2 turns from the lowest setting.

:cool:

So much want.

:eek: :cool:

Was good to see you last night mark uve done an amazing job on the 182 shes lovely mate one of the best ones around for sure mate :)

Thanks Kyle :) I'm not sure about that it but it's nice to hear good feedback. Keeps me pursuing the project. I need to stop buying shiny bits though lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Haha no worries mark same here matey the project is ongoing to the joy of our mrs's lol im defo going to try and get some recaros during the winter but i wont be telling the mrs how much they go for lol :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Had these done by Ady from n2grafix on here to put in the rev counter.

8230296119_c56b164279.jpg

IMG_1258 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I just think it needs a little something but i was unsure on what colour to do them so after a little think i decided to use both.

Got some photos of how to get the clocks out so ill post them in here. Might even put it in the guides section if it comes out good enough lol

The tools needed to do this are torx bits 10, 20, and 30.

To start off i pulled the door seal rubbers off.

8236881813_ee4741cfd4.jpg

IMG_1316 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Then take the first screws out wich it t30. There is one either side and are the only t30 screws on this job

8236881873_c898b5dfbe.jpg

IMG_1317 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Next grab the t20. This will be used to take all the remaining dash screws out.

8236882035_110774a659.jpg

IMG_1322 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Pull both dash strips off. Only downfall with this is it really does show up the wonky glove compartment :( Undo the 3 screws on the passenger side and 1 on the drivers side.

8236881939_e410115b82.jpg

IMG_1318 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236881989_97324e4426.jpg

IMG_1319 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Then take the 3 screws thats in the top vent strip, being careful not to drop them in the vents!

8237965616_033c3d4578.jpg

IMG_1324 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Then undo the streeing shroud screws. (Admittedly im not sure that this is essential but i remeber doing it from last time and its only 2 screws)

8237965670_5496545355.jpg

IMG_1325 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Then pull off the top of the steering shroud and undo the 2 screws that hold the clocks in. I didnt get a pic off this. Then pull off the a-pillar strips. these can be a little tough as i wedged my fingers in between these and the actulal metal so i could get a better pull. Pull the both off and just leave them hanging

8237965740_baa47f58cb.jpg

IMG_1326 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8237965804_aff45b9b45.jpg

IMG_1327 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8237965866_4551855fc5.jpg

IMG_1328 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Your dash is ready to be pulled off so get a good grip and pull, and dont be scared. I find its best to sit in the center of the car to get the best pull on the dash. Once its off just put it somewhere safe.

Next you need to undo the 2 clips at the rear of the clock. These have a little clip on the back on them securing them into the clock, which needs to be lifted and pulled to the opposite side to undo. Once this is done, then the clocks are free :)

8237965928_4651da6283.jpg

IMG_1329 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236898549_07274c2464.jpg

IMG_1330 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Turn the clock over and use the t10 to undo the 8 small screws on the back. Once they are all undone then front can be pulled off.

8236898641_59a7fef80f.jpg

IMG_1332 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I couldnt decide wether to go red or silver with stickers so i went both

8236898767_30e9f7ed21.jpg

IMG_1334 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236898799_ee6778f7ed.jpg

IMG_1335 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

And fitted

8236898883_3525a8a48e.jpg

IMG_1336 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Still a bit unsure on it but i'll keep it in for the time being. I might keep that design but go a tad smaller. This is currently 40mm wide.

I aslo did all the plastics with my Gtechniq C4. This stuff is really good and goes really far for such a smallbottle. It comes with cotton wipes so i just spread that all on the plastics and wiped off any excess. My plastics were really dull and greay and they've come up black again so i'd really recommend this stuff :) The only pics i got were these 2

8236899159_0d0d91e73d.jpg

IMG_1338 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236899205_13bdcc598f.jpg

IMG_1339 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Also decided to use my other f1 sticker on the rear (sorry dom) I really like it and think its suites the rear

8236899289_b00076e072.jpg

IMG_1345 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

And few (grainy :eek:) pics :)

8236899375_246a6fff00.jpg

IMG_1351 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236899439_c64dfa6d74.jpg

IMG_1352 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236899331_91a5c3f17a.jpg

IMG_1350 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I can do 40mm lol :) they are a tad large lol, i like the decal on the back, subtle :)

I thought these were 40mm although I didn't measure. I do like the design, so I think it's the size I'm unsure on. Can you do them like I currently have them or would they gave to be 2 septet are sticker?

I agree with the boot sicker. Subtle yet effective. Really like them, thanks Ady :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Great to see the whole transformation, epic car is epic

Perfection is the word for your Clio mate, anymore plans?

Thanks guys :) Next things are to get roof sprayed as I've got a small dent that's not able to be pulled out and my windscreen rubbers have been stuck down leaving sealant on the corner of the roof. I need a new carbon splitter, might treat myself to another carbon rear bumper strip and maybe a front end respray as mine is highly stone chipped :( Although as its 8yrs old I'm not overly fussed on the latter. I will be purchasing a machine polisher next year to keep the car clean once I've done the above. My car is fairly clean but has loads of swirl marks that I cannot get rid of by hand.

Haha no worries mark same here matey the project is ongoing to the joy of our mrs's lol im defo going to try and get some recaros during the winter but i wont be telling the mrs how much they go for lol :)

What recaro trendlines? They are nice seats but hold there money well. I got a right bargain with mine so I was well chuffed :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome work on the rev counter. I've always loved your car too, it's given me quite a few ideas :)

Yeah I felt it needed something. I've seen a trophy sticker in a trophy so wanted something like that. I did ask Ady if he could do my f1 stickers for the rev counter but he couldn't do it that small, which is a shame as I think that would of looked sweet.

Take all the ideas you need, Joe :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I'm quite happy power wise. I contemplated both cams and RS2. I thought my belts needed doing next year so that's why I thought cams would be a good choice, however my belts were done 6 months before I bought it. The RS2 is a pricey bit of kit and I think that I'd personally be better off putting that money towards my next things to do regarding the bodywork.

I did think about the KTR induction kit. It's got proven gains, does look like a nice kit and sounds nice (progressive through the revs so perfect for daily town driving) but is a tad pricey for an air filter and silicone bend. I know I could make my own for less than half the price but its trying to find that KTR sound filter and not one that's all induction noise when pottering around.

I currently have full decat RS192 with ported inlets and ITG pan filter. Apart from the KTR induction kit, everything else is big bucks :(

Milltek'd clio 182
mark leave the power alone, you can hardly handle what you have now ;). must say i like the rs sticker on the dash, looks reem. not too sure on the sticker on the rear just looks a bit busy, but i suppose i can grow to like it as its you. seeing this last night looked really nice, that polish you had done has made a huge difference. mark could you tell us where i can find a new air filter for me v6 box

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Absolutely love this BG mate! Said it before I know, but I don't lie! Haha keep up the good work!

you definitely need to get yourself to an EoE meet! Want to see it in the flesh haha

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
mark leave the power alone, you can hardly handle what you have now ;). must say i like the rs sticker on the dash, looks reem. not too sure on the sticker on the rear just looks a bit busy, but i suppose i can grow to like it as its you. seeing this last night looked really nice, that polish you had done has made a huge difference. mark could you tell us where i can find a new air filter for me v6 box

Cheers Chris :) I tried looking last night for that part number but couldnt see it. The one i was thinking of was for the unversal filter :(

Absolutely love this BG mate! Said it before I know, but I don't lie! Haha keep up the good work!

you definitely need to get yourself to an EoE meet! Want to see it in the flesh haha

Cheers Barry :) Next year i'll be at one for sure :)

Love that RS decal on the dash!

The RS logo is growing on me:)

Thanks chaps :) I was out all day yesterday in the bg so had plenty of time to look at it and both me and the missus thinks it a nice touch and ties in nicely without being ott.

Looking very nice!
Is it just me or are 2118's just not that nice? The car is incredible but IMO just not the wheels to much haha

Thanks :) Each to there own mate. They are popular on the clios. Everybody has different tastes :)