ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

Found him, thanks. Going to have to find some 10mm rear spacers as will only be using spacers on my track wheels.

Found him, thanks. Going to have to find some 10mm rear spacers as will only be using spacers on my track wheels.

Yeh best off just with normal spacers then Dom, mines rubs occasionally on the rear with people. I know you dont have rear seats but i cant remember how low your car is, shouldnt rub unless its properly on the floor lol

Car looks great on the F1s, amazing what spacers do for 1*2s they fill the arches like they should have been from the factory.

Cheers :) and renault should of! would saved me buying spacers then ha

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Still gotta fit my 10mm rears, worried about taking the rear discs off and the bearing exploding lol!

Surprised you dont have 10 sets of spare rear discs in your garage?

Got an awful speedo video tonight, its taking ages for youtube to process it but ill post it up later.

Ha yeah would save a lot of money. The brone of the f1s suits Monaco so well, what's it go like with the 421 cams?

Cheers, unsure how long they will stay bronze as I didnt paint them that great. I may just re do the ones that are already a bit tatty with whatever paint i have left over ha.

As for the 421's, Dan at 519 has built a cracking engine. It pulls hard through the rev range and when driving it doesnt seem to be tailing off, though im sure a rolling road would say different. Its quicker than my GT cammed ph1 (IMO and a few others that have been in both agree) which weighed 910kg, this isnt far off standard weight!
I love the way the car drives, just cant wait for some decent weather/this years ring trip to give it the hell it deserves,

You've still got the rear seats in?! Are they stuck or something?!

I havent even tried to get them out yet, one day maybe.

Anyway tried to make a similar speedo vid to that of my ph1. This kind of worked, did the 2nd gear rolling from 30 to the limiter. I couldnt do video from sitting as the camera didnt like it and moved. It does offer a reasonable comparison, excuse the shakiness/qaulity etc. Oh and it was on an airfield, yadaa yadaa ;)

Ph2 on 421 cams, 182 manifold, matched inlets, pikey induction, arp bolts, no air con & road tyres. Cat still in place. Car isnt far off standard weight.
[video=vimeo;60113696]https://vimeo.com/60113696[/video]

The old ph1 on GT cams, matched inlets, pikey induction, arp bolts, no air con & Federal RSR tyres. Sports cat in place. Car weighed 910kg minus driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

£108 for the Mintex. Fitted some for Russ (Sprintcup) a while back and he let Colin (Shiftspark) have a go (who has ds2500s) at one of their competition events. I sent some Mintex back with Russ for Colin when he was down the other week ;)

I know what you mean about the Brembos.

Just to add to this the pads are a great addition, been on 3 years plenty left on them and never had any fade, a little lock up and flat spot tyres when you let your mate have a drive hey Colin,;) this includes driving to events as well, will let Dan know how they go if I do any track days this year, may do a couple at Anglesey.

Regards Russ.........

Just to add to this the pads are a great addition, been on 3 years plenty left on them and never had any fade, a little lock up and flat spot tyres when you let your mate have a drive hey Colin,;) this includes driving to events as well, will let Dan know how they go if I do any track days this year, may do a couple at Anglesey.

Regards Russ.........

100% going to give them ago, just gota sort a time to go to 519, good to hear some feed back on them.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ah Vimeo, you clearly don't have an iPhone ;) can see it thanks to the link. Does seem pretty nippy especially for a fully trimmed one! Get a decat on that badboy you've got 11.5 months before you need to worry about it again ;)

Ah Vimeo, you clearly don't have an iPhone ;) can see it thanks to the link. Does seem pretty nippy especially for a fully trimmed one! Get a decat on that badboy you've got 11.5 months before you need to worry about it again ;)

Funnily enough I have an iPhone ;) I may get a decat pipe made up, apparently the ktec link pipe doesn't fit we'll so will need one making. I have little faith in people welding when it comes to making things up like this after someone royally ruined my sports cat ha.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I'll do you a decat if you want. Piece of piss!!! just needs a straight pipe sleeved into the center section, and a flange welded on at the right angle for the manifold join

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I have no proof at all but I believe my link pipe is a Ktec one, seems fine. Makes f**k all difference to how it drives but makes the yozza sound epic! We're lucky that we've got a superb custom exhaust place on our doorstep though, that's who Dave used to get his orbisound hooked up.

I'll do you a decat if you want. Piece of piss!!! just needs a straight pipe sleeved into the center section, and a flange welded on at the right angle for the manifold join

How much would it cost Dan? I'm just worried it will be too loud for my little ears ha,

that's lucky John, I don't really know of any decent exhaust places real local to me!

Cheers, unsure how long they will stay bronze as I didnt paint them that great. I may just re do the ones that are already a bit tatty with whatever paint i have left over ha.

As for the 421's, Dan at 519 has built a cracking engine. It pulls hard through the rev range and when driving it doesnt seem to be tailing off, though im sure a rolling road would say different. Its quicker than my GT cammed ph1 (IMO and a few others that have been in both agree) which weighed 910kg, this isnt far off standard weight!
I love the way the car drives, just cant wait for some decent weather/this years ring trip to give it the hell it deserves,

Sounds like its a strong engine then if the ph1 was cammed too & only 910kg, this one not going the full stripped route?

Sounds like its a strong engine then if the ph1 was cammed too & only 910kg, this one not going the full stripped route?

I actually think it was 940kg, Ill find out later it was a while ago. Not really sure what I'm doing with the car tbh. Might strip it a little but keep the floor carpets etc and I wouldn't get a passenger bucket seat as It gets annoying fitting harnesses for people/the girlfriend ha

Yes mate. Think I got a good one, it goes really well.

Always good to get one of the strong ones from go,

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Thanks mate, can't wait until I get the charger on, can't believe it's been 6 months since I got the kit and have not used it yet apart from driving down to Ktec on the base map with 4.5k limiter lol

Your car is looking really good, really like the bronze F1's.

You are more than welcome to use my go pro, got a spare few adhesive mounts so could pop one on when I next go to a meet.:)

Long time with out being able to use it :(

cheers, it looks good in the pics on hers, reality is it currently is covered in s**t and the wheels look rusty ha,

may have to take you up on that :)

Got a new seat :)

cobra imola 2, out of FIA date weighing in at under 8kg so similar to my old recaros.
It has slight damage on both shoulder wings of the seat but nowt major and nothing that bothers me.
Seat needs a good clean as its from an group A rally car ha. It was also advertised with one of the mounting points being cross thread, so i retapped it in my garage and it is as good as new :)

BBAA6BD5-859E-4FED-A7C2-64DDE681FC79-3783-0000016D0236B836.jpg

It actually looks more anthracite in real life. Note the car is clean as ever ;)
0B486264-BB9F-4C27-B703-FF50752F3682-3783-0000016D0B6237D9.jpg

My dad has the subframe atm so hopefully his work knock up a decent subframe for me to use, just need side mounts and a harness now. These will all be sourced as cheap as possible but as ever i will try get decent quality parts.

This car has a decent dash from the word go, though I did notice the centre fan didnt move together the other day so me being me i tried to fix it. I now have an open vent/fan :(

as that makes no sense here is diagram i made,
b.jpg