ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

Failed the mot on emissions, reading .6 when it needs .2

would appear the little 106 cat has given up after a year of abuse so now it's the case of sourcing another adequate cat and making it fit between the 182 manifold and 172 exhaust.

Orher option is to take it to a garage that will pass it, but will this appear dodgy as Its been tested at 2 garages with in a few days? Got till the 3rd to sort it.

It passed on everything else though which is awesome :) the chap at garage said its the faster clio he's ever driven and agreed on it being faster than the ph1.

my cup failed the other year due to, the thumb grips been knackerd and said it could cause injury to hands and the rear valve which i showed them the DVLA print off and they wern't having it so i got it MOT'd a few days later at another garage

Getting a different cat fitted, going to cost £60 so not to bad! 519 offered to sort it but by the time I drive to his local mot place and that it wouldn't work out much different cost wise.

Clio 172

It passed on everything else though which is awesome :) the chap at garage said its the faster clio he's ever driven and agreed on it being faster than the ph1.

Why would he be driving your car fast? Infact for an MOT why would he be driving your car at all?

Why would he be driving your car fast? Infact for an MOT why would he be driving your car at all?

Because there's two garages owned by them, they don't do mots at the one I use so drive it to the other garage that does about 10minute drive. He has been talking about getting a track car so said thrash mine and see what you think of it. That is why ! They can also do brake tests if it doesn't fit on the ramp due to lowz,

as for cat whatever is cheap and fits the bill, might get a decat made up at some point after it passes.

i also know the bloke that drove it, not a random guy ha

Clio 172

Because there's two garages owned by them, they don't do mots at the one I use so drive it to the other garage that does about 10minute drive. He has been talking about getting a track car so said thrash mine and see what you think of it. That is why ! They can also do brake tests if it doesn't fit on the ramp due to lowz,

as for cat whatever is cheap and fits the bill, might get a decat made up at some point after it passes.

i also know the bloke that drove it, not a random guy ha

Fair do's if you know the guy. Was going to say its a bit odd. I even made the tech at work take me out in the car with him after he'd fitted my new front shocks to make sure he wasn't taking the piss.

Tbh I'm far to trusting anyway, It doesn't bother me people driving the car aslong as it doesn't get wrecked ha.

in other news epic lacquer peel on my rear wheel, my painting skills have been compromised by the snow & grit lol

MOT passed, no advisories! The tester commented on the good condition of the car, so thanks to Dan at 519 for that :)

Tracking done and set to 20mins toe out also just as like it, feels pretty awesome now! Took the car for a quick spirited hack and it has to be said i f**king love this clio, its holding the road lovely and is pretty nippy :)

New plates added front and rear, 3/4 plate for the front.
F460E076-70F1-44C6-BBFA-45B564C0FB3C-1343-00000096022DE3B6.jpg

Old plate added to my pikey garage, the old plate of my ph1 there too :(
65D83168-F1F2-4DD9-A279-EA115CBD829A-1343-00000099C086E9CB.jpg

I may get some drive by/speedo videos this weekend also if its dry.

Also the intermittent wipers are getting on my nerves, ive searched with no conclusive evidence but will a ph1 wiper stalk make the wipers normal?

I have one in my garage so its not real hard ship to fit

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

The bloody clicking relay noise on auto is very annoying too.

If a Ph1 stalk fixes the problem of no auto let me know!

Will do, ill give it a go after watching this Colin Mcrae programme from sunday its an awesome watch!

Also gota tighten my wipers up using that two spanner method :eek:

And my dads hole saws are here, unsure how that might end.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I'd be amazed if the ph1 stalk changed a thing, but the auto wipers where the straw that broke the camels back and made me sell my ph2 (Yes I had one but I try not to admit it ;))

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I wonder if someone with clip could deactivate them. I'd like the auto wipers to be switched off on the 225 but they aren't as bad as the 172. Manual ftw

Tried turning the auto lights off and it didn't work, tried same procedure but with the auto wipers no luck. Looks like I'm stuck with them, unless as John said clip can do it.

Oh and there's no holes anywhere Dan, I actually swapped the steering surround for a cup one I had, as the old one had a little hole in it for whatever reason, I am respectful to this car at times ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

lol!

Try unplugging the sensor for the auto lights/wipers. It's at the top of the screen. Plug is under the headlining though so you'll have to be very careful

C3 Picasso Beast

Can you not just turn the sensitivity right down on the stalk so they don't come on that often?? Also I'm sure the auto wipers only work in the second position on the stalk??

I have many hammers, i actually keep one in my kitchen as it goes ;)
46E898E2-259A-4A96-836D-1469D572F822-1343-000000DF420233BA.jpg

Can you not just turn the sensitivity right down on the stalk so they don't come on that often?? Also I'm sure the auto wipers only work in the second position on the stalk??

Ive tried messing about with it, but it never wants to really do intermittent its like playing chicken with it before you have to flick it to clear the screen. Its a petty thing thats just annoyed me. For once im just going to say f**k it and leave it as it is.

So heres the two stalks, ph2 left ph1 right. The ph1 stalk only allowed me to have constant speed of fast so i put the ph2 back on lol.
331C1B4B-F845-468B-8837-657FC1D60E99-1343-000000DF50F2FC0F.jpg

Swapped the steering surround one for a spare cup one i had with out a random hole in it whilst i was there, plus the cup ones lighter :p
9DA32DD0-577B-4EF0-8F9D-8A7153E9BAB9-1343-000000DF4ADADCB3.jpg

And a random photo, i always say i hate cleaning cars which i do but i then noticed that i actually own a shelf full of car cleaning stuff so maybe i should make the effort and clean it myself more often!
90353F4E-476D-47E8-90B2-1FBC03769314-1343-000000DC0AD606CF.jpg

And my very empty garage that the car does fit into but i dont bother putting it in there lol
F42DF7F4-EA3D-44A7-B4B1-687357DE5D3F-1343-000000DBFEA5D3D8.jpg

Arctic 182, GTD

In regards to wiper boy, sure u can't just turn ignition on and turn the wiper on and off and it like beeps or the wipers goe once to let it no its turned off? And car looks good! And u now make me want cams, think I'm gonna have to call 519 now...

Spoke to Adam by any chance? You need to go in/drive my car to get a feel for the cams :)

Ive given all sorts a go on the wiper with no luck lol

Arctic 182, GTD

I'm pretty sure if you read the manual it says in there? Yea I do! He ŵas telling me it was stupid quick. Jealous :p

Ill give it a look, i just searched it on here tbh and no one seems to be able to turn it off.

He likes my car a little bit :p he said about part ex his m3 for my clio, unsure how serious he was but that m3 is proper quick!!

Arctic 182, GTD

Yeah he said he liked it, and said it pulls really well. Told me I need to do it ;)