ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

RB Clio 182
Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

Nice progress mate, i like the wheels, i think they suit monaco really well and they are different which is a good thing :)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1

Just read nous thread from start. I loved your red one.

Air filter looks good work. F1s just so suit Clios.

What's your other plans for it.

Cheers mate!

Unsure what I'm doing with it really, I want to slap some ds2500s and braided lines on up front and maybe solid engine mounts and a whiteline arb. Then i also think about a drivers bucket seat and half cage but dont want to ruin it. But money's tight due to my house, and its pretty awesome as it is.

the only certain plan is to go to the ring in may :) and it will continue to get abused as much as possible!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1

I'm like that. Got lots of plans id do in ideal world but have to keep in mind its a cheap fun toy and have too many other bills to pay.

Bloody priorities.

ph1 172

Mine in comparison but with standard cams :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  ph1 172

Mine sounds revvy...

I have another video of yours and it sounds angry :evil:

Last edited:

Ill give it a look, i just searched it on here tbh and no one seems to be able to turn it off.

He likes my car a little bit :p he said about part ex his m3 for my clio, unsure how serious he was but that m3 is proper quick!!

Was it Adam Bennett you took your car to? You may be the reason why he's buying into mine and my mates track car. He mentioned he drove a clio the other week that was very well sorted.

Arctic 182, GTD

Yeah it was buddy. Are the guy who's got the 172cup track car and also got a Zafira GSI?

Arctic 182, GTD

Ah I see. Yeah I've spoke to your mate a few times down there, as I'm a good friend of Adams and usually clean mine and his cars down the garage.lol

Ah I see. Yeah I've spoke to your mate a few times down there, as I'm a good friend of Adams and usually clean mine and his cars down the garage.lol

Yeah he's been down there abit recently, had a few issues with the Zafira which Adam has sorted for him.

You may see our clio down there soon then.

Was it Adam Bennett you took your car to? You may be the reason why he's buying into mine and my mates track car. He mentioned he drove a clio the other week that was very well sorted.

As Kiel said it was, you got the track car up and running yet?
adam and Ben both loved my car ha

As Kiel said it was, you got the track car up and running yet?
adam and Ben both loved my car ha

No it's sat for the last 6months for one reason or another, mainly because i bought another toy (bike engined kit car) Planning to get it sorted over this summer though.

Quick service time. 93538 miles.

Only needed to do the oil as the air filter is new, the spark plugs are under 10k old and nothing else needs touching.

went for valvoline vr1 5w50.

Why?
I ran it in my ph1 with no problems, took it to the ring and back and it didnt seem to of burnt any.
I was recommended using it by Dan at 519 as my old car was more track based.
i also had a litre of it spare for topping up so it made sense.

56C4843D-8BD8-4DA0-8545-359528B85714-13823-0000068986B0CDD3.jpg

I also made a trip to the pound shop for something to drain the oil in and a funnel, since moving out i dont have these so £1.69 well spent lol
7E49824C-076C-4ED6-89F0-AF153680BC44-13823-0000068969E7B757.jpg

Oil draining out, left it for a good 30mins as it was jacked up rather high i was unsure how level it was so left it untill no more oil came out.
11AEB2E9-13A8-43D8-9ED3-B8A8B919BBA1-13823-000006894033972D.jpg

Oil filter removal tools ;)
3E7CC806-027A-4FBA-8038-A616CF1FE6E1-13823-00000689001F9BDD.jpg

Thought i would grab a pic of the cat that was put in place between the 182 manifold and exhaust to pass the mot, looks a bit shabby but it worked!
They pretty much removed the old cat from the 106 and replaced it with the larger one,
B234F2C6-3A6B-487A-8C3D-C3B23B06D3CD-13823-0000068CC0072C7A.jpg

And an OMP subframe Rhys Beal bought round a few weeks back, going to get a copy made up for a drivers side bucket seat eventually :)
8B076610-4DCC-4A72-90B9-251E90432B19-13823-00000688DEF64640.jpg

Oh yes ;) I binned my oil filter removal thing after to mins and a gave it a gentle tap with the crow bar and it was loose enough for my little hands to get it off. So much space in the engine bay, it's lovely!

Oh go on, tell me more?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I get annoyed with myself if I have to use a tool, means I did it up too tight!

I'll upload a pic on fb and tag you in to it.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Oh yes ;) I binned my oil filter removal thing after to mins and a gave it a gentle tap with the crow bar and it was loose enough for my little hands to get it off. So much space in the engine bay, it's lovely!

Oh go on, tell me more?

:D one of my favourite things! Need to replicate this on the 187

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

LOL, nope, got you a new set though. Come and get them and do a power run.

Not done a lot to the car itself other than a thorough service and decent brakes, but I've started Fabricating a couple of bits off the car

251872_10152447197395150_1362787310_n.jpg

Saw you're ruining the monaco with Ds2500s :( don't be gay, I'll get you some M1155s

I will sort something out and head over I will ring you at some point, im not in a hurry for the spanners i just remembered today.
How much are those pads? and are they any good? As the brembos aren't doing it for me ha

Nice work so far, have it finished this year?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

£108 for the Mintex. Fitted some for Russ (Sprintcup) a while back and he let Colin (Shiftspark) have a go (who has ds2500s) at one of their competition events. I sent some Mintex back with Russ for Colin when he was down the other week ;)

I know what you mean about the Brembos.

Will have a think on that Dan! Ive stuck my name on the group buy so will see if that develops, ill ring you at some point any how to sort out the power run :)

C3 Picasso Beast

Seems as if I'm the only person who thinks the Brembos are all right?!? I know you certainly don't sell them to me Dan when we chat about them!

Don't worry I never got spanners either for my Spax but it's not like I'd use them ;)

They ok, that's it. Comparing them to them to what I've used before they aren't good though, I think a big problem is after having that 350z with its big brembos on the front it makes this feel ridiculously inadeqaute at stopping ha

You mean you have coilovers but don't adjust them every week? What's wrong with you ha ;)

C3 Picasso Beast

As I say to Dan I can only compare them to standard so in my eyes they're pretty good!