ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY KTR Induction Kit...Can you buy the silicone hose with breather outlet?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
As above, want to DIY one of these, does any one know if you can buy the 90deg silicone hose with the outlet for the breather pipe like on the KTEC one?

Thanks,.

Renault Clio182 bean
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-Degree...tem4cfc5224c2&clk_rvr_id=566712965686&afsrc=1

You will need to measure the diameter of you throttle body and then put that measurement for the internal diameter of the hose when ordering :), that should ensure a perfect fit.
You should be able to modify the breather take off into it. I haven't seen a cheap one with the breather included yet! Just ktec ones lol. So either bite the bullet and pay, or get modding a cheap one ;)

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I saw they are £82 each. Why would anyone buy a KTEC when the ramair filter they use is £20?! thats £102 instead of £166!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's the cheapest with the breather pipe fitted that I know of. You can just buy a normal 90 degree (no breather pipe) bend and use that, then add a small breather to the breather pipe off the inlet. That's what I did on my 182 and was fine.

I've got a pic somewhere.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Just fitted one of these using the silicone bend mentioned just above. Trimmed about 15-20mm off of the end where it meets the engine (easy to trim just use a scalpel ) as the other thinner breather pipe is a bit of a stretch to the connection. However that helped it move slightly to the left which fortunately got it away from the ecu area. Used an ITG filter from Camskill ( cheapest place I believe ). Also had to extend the neutral from the battery as it got right in the way of where the filter sits behind the n/s headlight. None of this was too difficult though.
Have to say first impressions are very good. Had the original airbox bend with a K+N lookalike on it originally. Just done a 70 odd mile journey home with it on and it drives much better, smooth progressive power from low down and clean hard pull all the way through.
It also now howls like a friggin banshee which at the moment means I,m now giving it the beans every chance I get just to hear that induction roar ( I'm sure I'll get bored of that though...). Think the whole thing cost just under a 100 quid in the end.

i'd just make myself a DYI catch tank instead

Hai :D

Temporary positioning of catch can at the moment

DSCF2319_zps071bf3be.jpg

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know which size filter to buy for the KTEC pipe? bought the ramair 70mm id and obvs is far to big to fit on the KTEC samco...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As above, want to DIY one of these, does any one know if you can buy the 90deg silicone hose with the outlet for the breather pipe like on the KTEC one?

Thanks,.

Its a breather inlet on the silicon hose, and you are better off without it as all it will do is put oil vapour in your inlet.

run a catch tank instead