ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disgruntled clio owner from the north of Scotland :(

Megane R26, Clio 182
i think i should do the proper introduction first and then my problem at the end.

got this 182 last night as a swap for a Laguna 1.9dci
1173890_10151625222667297_87033467_n.jpg

full years mot on the clio so not a bad deal, its cleaner underneath than what i was expecting to find, got good service history with timing belt etc been done.

now for what is annoying me, after i got the clio i took it to work last night (i work nightshift), then when i finished this morning it wouldnt start, luckily its only a 10min walk home. went back to the car earlier on after reading online that the crank position sensor's can be dodgy on the clio and cleaned it up and its still not working.
dont think its the immobiliser as the light in the dash goes out along with all the other lights when the ignition is put on. the engine isnt turning over at all. :(

If it's not turning over at all then the starter motor is dead. Pretty common. The wiring on them also can melt due to them sitting under the exhaust manifold.

See if it'll push start - if it will have a look at the starter motor :)

Megane R26, Clio 182
thats it going again, just moved the starter motor wires a couple times and kept trying and it worked, shall need to put some heat shrink over them and try and tie them up somewhere to prevent it happening again

Megane R26, Clio 182
cheers for the welcome guys.
ye the guy i swapped with was needing a diesel car for getting to and from work as the clio was costing to much on petrol for him, so both of us are happy with what we got.

should really of added in the opening post about the other cars ive had, will just do it here instead.
in the order i had them
106 quiksilver
106 gti (diablo red)
106 gti (onyx black)
megane 230 f1 r26 (black)
laguna 1.9dci (who cares)
clio 182 (blue)

still have the megane, got the laguna as i thought it would be good to have a daily to keep the mileage of the megane, didnt work as i still drove the megane 90% of the time, hopefully il drive the clio alot more than i did with the laguna :)

pics
417894_10150534035022297_988937089_n.jpg

401515_10150467185522297_412683808_n.jpg

286256_10151106169287297_127757656_o.jpg

1001687_10151554988187297_795497111_n.jpg

clio 172 cup
Really liked the look of Peugeot 106 gti nearly brought 1 in the past but just reminded me of a saxo I had which I hated! Much prefer clios!

Megane R26, Clio 182
I love the R26 best car I've ever owned :)
Loved the 106's, although I seemed to be always sorting them they were so easy to work on, got a feeling this Clio is gonna be the same tho.
I'm from helmsdale, it's north of Inverness. Always up for going to meets, went to quite a lot with 106owners. Even took the black gti down to donington last year for fcs, I bought the car the wkend before fcs standard and modded it with all the stuff from the red one in a week and basically test drove it over 600 miles to get to donington :)

LOL small world - I'm the owner of 106owners ;)

I loved my 106's but same as you I felt I spent more time under them fixing them than actually driving them.
The clio so far has been spot on for me - far more reliable.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I love the R26 best car I've ever owned :)
Loved the 106's, although I seemed to be always sorting them they were so easy to work on, got a feeling this Clio is gonna be the same tho.
I'm from helmsdale, it's north of Inverness. Always up for going to meets, went to quite a lot with 106owners. Even took the black gti down to donington last year for fcs, I bought the car the wkend before fcs standard and modded it with all the stuff from the red one in a week and basically test drove it over 600 miles to get to donington :)

You have some truly excellent roads up there! I didn't get as far east as Helmsdale, but have driven the A836 down from Tongue, through Altnaharra and ultimately Lairg.

Really, really need to get back up there again. Oh, and welcome, by the way. :)

D.

Megane R26, Clio 182
LOL small world - I'm the owner of 106owners ;)

I loved my 106's but same as you I felt I spent more time under them fixing them than actually driving them.
The clio so far has been spot on for me - far more reliable.

i thought it was you when i seen the username and a blue clio in your pic :)

You have some truly excellent roads up there! I didn't get as far east as Helmsdale, but have driven the A836 down from Tongue, through Altnaharra and ultimately Lairg.

Really, really need to get back up there again. Oh, and welcome, by the way. :)

D.

aye the roads are great up here, great fun in the 106's and the megane :) im sure the clio will love the roads aswell :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome along mate. I seen the car advertised on facebook last week.

Glad you got the problems solved, we really need to get a meet up north sometime. Between RSMegane and Cs theres plenty of us!

Megane R26, Clio 182
Welcome along mate. I seen the car advertised on facebook last week.

Glad you got the problems solved, we really need to get a meet up north sometime. Between RSMegane and Cs theres plenty of us!

definatly Liam, i went to inverness on saturday night in the megane but it was pretty shite. think we need to organise a meet during the day sometime for some good photos of all our french tins :)