ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disabling a 182 on the drive

Hi,

My 182 is awaiting sale at the moment and will be on the drive until it sells.

I plan to disconnect the battery and was wondering if there's anything else I can do to further immobilise it? Short of sticking it on stands and taking the front wheels off (which is probably the best option but makes moving it when I need to, not often, a pain).

Thanks,

Ben

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Disconnect the negative off the battery, disconnect the coil pack plug and tuck it down the back out of view.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Remove the 30A blade fuse from the under bonet fuse box then replace the cover. No power to fuel pump or engine sensors so no start.

Mk2 172 Cup
Like that say of theives want something bad enough they will take it, I'd say jut unplug coil and keep the car locked on a drive with locked gates , otherwise it's just as easy for a recovery truck to come and take it, I had mine off the road for a couple weeks and I just locked it and undone battery

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Give it a new paintjob.

invisible-painted-art-car-project.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
doesn't she look happy with herself

Goddamn hippies probably thinks it's reduced its greenhouse emissions by camouflaging them. Also, stop squinting woman, you can't hide red-eye that easily

In answer to OP: remove the front left fog light

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
Eat it.

Or remove battery as suggested above. I'm sure it won't get stolen from where you live. Pretty okay round there? Except from the Quarrendon kids obviously.