ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirt 2

Its certaintly worth sticking with, yep at first i felt the same, lots of baja and truck racing and the circuit based tracks even now still annoy me.

that said Morroco, Malaysia, china, Utah and Croatia have some great point to point proper rally racing:D

SO now at about 80% or so. Great game, love it. Has it's flaws but the better bits make up for them 10 fold. Fitting tribute to colin. I just judged it to early. (never judge a book by it's cover)

But how do you lads take pics?

E87 118d M Sport
watch the reply after a race.

pause it where you like what you see.

hit the PS button and go to the PHOTO part of the XMB. in there there is a dirt2 screenshot option.

press x and then it will go back to the game screen. press x (iirc) and a bar comes up, takes about 2 seconds to save the image.

it is then saved in your photo folder.

E87 118d M Sport
theres no point trying to take screenshots on a 360 mate. probably just RROD and start smoking.

just kidding mate, nah no idea? im a PS3 man.

Nope. I've found a solution to RROD. Keep several fans on max power blasting into the cooling vents/store it in the freezer.

Just stops it from overheating.

And i guess you can't. I've tried pressing every button nd tings. Shame.

Really liked the ending of the Colin Mcrae rally event, not only a Gold Trophy but a 95 scoob and a touching video homage to the great man. Nice!

Cupra
I got this for Christmas (on PC) and have been playing it on and off since. Its a fun game, but I think I preferred the first one. This seems to easy to drive the cars, and you feel that the computer is helping your slide rather than the sticks.

Online confuses me too, two guys were a clear 20 seconds ahead on every stage and the rest of us were fairly closely grouped. I am not amazing at driving but I was going pretty much flat out through some of the stages and there is no way I could have made up and extra 20 seconds... are there tricks/ upgrades that you can pick up along the way?

Anybody else playing this on PC?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
theres no upgrades its all about learning certain lines on stages before COD i was amazing online wasnt many races i lost i won my first 25 races easy, you'll get better bud

Cupra
I am stumped. I'll keep on at it and see if I get any better! 20 seconds on a short stage is a lot though!

Cheers Lee. I've only just seen that link. It looks good. Funnily enough I was just checking this game out on Steam. Unfortunately I don't have a DX11 capable card, but considering I have a G25, the PC purchase looks the obvious choice.

Off to read some PC vs. PS3 vs. x360 reviews...

I have it on PC, good game would recommend it, but with the cut scenes like in the RV etc i get quite a bit of screen tearing, but only there, the actual game play graphics are pretty nice, specially inside the cars.

I don't have a DX11 compatible card, just a 260GTX 216core card here.

How does it run? I know the original game didn't seem to care what hardware you had. At the time, I was using 2x 8800GTS512, and it was a struggle to get decent frames @1680x1050. I hope the sequel is rather more optimised for PC!

Currently rolling at 1920x1200 with a GTX295.

Cupra
Very smooth and nice to look at. I have it at 1920x1200 with everything on High and get 60fps. I have a 4870 1gb card. The cut scenes were really bad until I updated my video drivers and now they are smooth as.

Cupra
Its definitely worth a shot if you enjoyed Dirt and Grid. It is very "American" though, you get lots of "way to go Andy, nice one dude" from your "buddies" Travis Pastrana and Ken Block etc.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Going to get this myself for the PC. Good to know that you're running it so well with the 4870, Andy. Mines only the 512MB version, but hopefully it should cope. :)

D.

I used to play Colin Mcrae on the PS1, awesome game!

Got this for Christmas, and I love it. The sounds and graphics are great.

Probably won't stick at it, as most of my time is spent on COD and FM3, but it's one I'll keep going back to when no mates are online.

Cupra
We'll have to get a CS group together one evening for this on the PC then... can't let the console boys have all the fun. :D