ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirt 2

Yeah fair enough. I guessed there's obviously a reason, but ultimately that reason boils down to consoles increasingly being given priority. More of an observation than a complaint, I suppose. Id like to try it on PS3 with my G25, but unless I buy a race seat, it's not practical for me to setup in my lounge :(

Given console owners actually pay for their games and bar a few exceptions (me and you!) pc owners don't! So its fully understandable;)

Multiplayer is a bit messy especially on full contact racing, there is a mode where you all rally at once and you see each others ghost cars but its not quite right!

Motorbikes
Yeah, only time I played online it was very messy... people just ram you out the way so it was a battle just to stay in a straight line, and jumps were a nightmare as people smash into you. shame really :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yeah, only time I played online it was very messy... people just ram you out the way so it was a battle just to stay in a straight line, and jumps were a nightmare as people smash into you. shame really :(

i just avoid them classed ie. rallycross, Raid T1, BaJa, last man standing. rally and trailblazers were its at thats propper rallying isnt it ;)

Really enjoying this now, slowly unlocking better tracks and there seems more emphasis now on the rally stuff.

Novigrad track is cool but I am shite at it!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Completely all the Rookies yesterday, couple of pro's too... really struggled with a couple. Like the head-to-head trailblazer against that african dude.

DCi
if there are enough names down on cs we could probably get a sensible race going

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
i need to sort my conection out big time, if i go downstairs the connections 100% but go upstairs it really struggles :mad: but thats were i can play 1080p:(
but if there was a cs event im sure i can take her downstairs and put up with poo visuals!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
After finishing the world tour's you unlock a pike's peak sort of car, which is fast as i lost online against a couple lol,

im down for online, but i get sign off a few times :(

psn i.d: Jayf2788

E87 118d M Sport
just started this last night. loving it. got to level 7 in about half 40 mins. only did a few races!

m4rkie23 if you wanna add

Motorbikes
if there are enough names down on cs we could probably get a sensible race going

Definatly. Should get a wee list of those on xbox and ps3 who are playing Dirt2.

Xbox360
1. steven.m (snuffet)

PS3
1. Jay_Low (Jayf2788)
2. Speedy172 (Sanchez01R)
3. m4rkie23 (m4rkie23)

BMW F31
Xbox360
1. steven.m (snuffet)
2. Millsy (KILLER Clio) yes , yes i know :p

PS3
1. Jay_Low (Jayf2788)
3. m4rkie23 (m4rkie23)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Xbox360
1. steven.m (snuffet)
2. Millsy (KILLER Clio) yes , yes i know :p
3. Bonxy (Bonxy) - Add me fruit cakes <3

PS3
1. Jay_Low (Jayf2788)
3. m4rkie23 (m4rkie23)

Has anyone seen this running on both the PS3 and x360?

I'm reading that the PS3 version runs at lower res and has lots of tearing, while the 360 runs in 1080i with less tearing but a lower framerate? I really fancy buying this and can't be arsed to wait for the PC version, even though it would be better with vsync and no tearing.

On console I'd be playing with a pad, and since the PS3 pad sucks c**k, I'm leaning toward the x360 TBH.

Thoughts?

172//Crap Micra//Bus

I'm reading that the PS3 version runs at lower res and has lots of tearing, while the 360 runs in 1080i with less tearing but a lower framerate? I really fancy buying this and can't be arsed to wait for the PC version, even though it would be better with vsync and no tearing.

On console I'd be playing with a pad, and since the PS3 pad sucks c**k, I'm leaning toward the x360 TBH.

Thoughts?
As aposed to the 360 controller?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

Thoughts?

you not seen the pic's thread cant see there being any difference at all tbh

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Anyone on the piss3 tonight? I'll add the guy's anyways. Only been online from the demo so far though.

Lee

BMW M2C

Thoughts?

I've been playing the 360 one seriously, but the office time trial contest is being played on the PS3. Personally I prefer 360 for the usual reasons, but you don't notice any of the things you mention on the PS3 version. Certainly not while racing anyway.

Whatever you do, play it with a wheel, it's epic.:D

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Anyone on the piss3 tonight? I'll add the guy's anyways. Only been online from the demo so far though.

Id play, but half way through a race i get signed off :(

can you do multiplayer online were i can use you as the crash barrier :eek::rasp:

I've been playing the 360 one seriously, but the office time trial contest is being played on the PS3. Personally I prefer 360 for the usual reasons, but you don't notice any of the things you mention on the PS3 version. Certainly not while racing anyway.

Whatever you do, play it with a wheel, it's epic.:D

Cool. I play DiRT a lot on PC with the G25 and it's awesome once you realise how quickly you need to work the wheel. You've just convinced me to wait for the PC version. 1920x1200 + loads of AA + vsync + G25 = Win.

Hella better or hella worse? I'm not overly impressed with the PS3 demo but then I've never played the original with a pad.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just being doing some rally stages, it's got the perfect balance of being right on the edge of crashing, with pushing as hard as you can. You always feel like you're moments away from a massive accident, but if you don't push you'll never win. That's playing on the hardest setting of course, so you have to nail every single corner.

Played both demos and couldn't see any difference, bought it on Ps3 and none of those things you mention Roy are apparent!