ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirt 2

Played both demos and couldn't see any difference, bought it on Ps3 and none of those things you mention Roy are apparent!

Fair play. I didn't personally say they were. I was only mentioning what I'd read in comparisons, and wanted some views from CS gamers who may have tried both. TBH the PS3 demo does suffer jaggies, but this is to be expected, really. Like I said, I'll wait for the PC game so I can max it up and take advantage of my hardware. I have now decided. The PC version will be 100% tear free (due to v-sync) and will run at 1920x1200. Ideal for me I reckon, especially considering I can easily use the G25 :)

Picked this up on my way home from work tonight, been playing it with my microsoft wheel + wheel stand pro and i'm loving it.

Only problem i have is it's got stuck in a loop a few times now, the Loading icon in the bottom right is still moving but it's just continuously dropping the achievement notes down on the map. After a while it can't pile anymore on so it pans to an empty area and does the same again. Anyone else had or heard of this ?

White Sti Hatch
Picked this up on my way home from work tonight, been playing it with my microsoft wheel + wheel stand pro and i'm loving it.

Only problem i have is it's got stuck in a loop a few times now, the Loading icon in the bottom right is still moving but it's just continuously dropping the achievement notes down on the map. After a while it can't pile anymore on so it pans to an empty area and does the same again. Anyone else had or heard of this ?

Ive had that once so far ! you running it from the Disc or installed to your HDD ??

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just won the one on one with Mohammed Ben Sulayem, at the end i clipped a barrier and crossed the line barrel rolling.

Heroic.

Last edited:
What 'view' is everyone using? Am using incar view, looks awesome but limited field of view makes it hard!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive been using the closest outside view but occationaly use inside if i put some shite inside (hula girl or furry dice) What levels are people on now, im on 56 now

E87 118d M Sport
im upto level 40 offline. started online last night and got to level 6. ive noticed the online play isnt as.....smooth for me (or most of the games werent anyway) also a little annoyed that the dirtnet servers are down. but that will be fixed.

still LOVING the game, and cant see myself getting bored with it for a long time.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
mark add me on PSN (BIFCAIDS) get some games going online. I was woundering why i couldnt find the latest "tourney"!

E87 118d M Sport
yeah will do mate. ill hopefully be on later tonight (10pm onwards maybe a litter later.)

i could do with a hand getting on of the trophies actually (seeing as i love this game and am going to play it to death, makes sense for me to try)

(is your aids transferable via online gaming?)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
well ya see its not normal aids BIFCAIDS stands for BirdFlu & Cat Aids its actually the latest pandemic

Good game. Pisses me off though, especially the gate crasher races.

I think it's worng to be called Colin though. It's got f**k all to do with him. Not right.

Always seem to overcook on corner slightly, thus i come 2nd. Takes a couple tries to get it right. I did start on serious straight away tbh.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Good game. Pisses me off though, especially the gate crasher races.

I think it's worng to be called Colin though. It's got f**k all to do with him. Not right.

yea your Not right. He's a ledgend the game was "his game" couse its right to bring a game out with his name on, tbh id be pretty pissed off if they ditched his name just because he's died. tbh if your talkin about using his name to get famous/money why not use, Ken Block or Travis Pastrana or Sebastian Lobe Dirt2

Oh, he was part of development? Didn't relise. In that case cool.

I just presumed it was a block/pastrana developed thing due two them being rammed in at every chance.

Nah only got it this morning. Wanted to give it a little try as i got bored of batman and stoked sucked.

E87 118d M Sport
when youve completed the 5 world tour events, you unlock a mcrae tribute event.

win that event and you will be wishing there was a way of deleting post #307.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
he's always helpped them develop the colin mcrae/dirt games but dont think he had much choice over this one seein as he died 2-nearly3 years ago theres lots of rememberance stuff in Dirt2

Not really. From first impressions, it's got very little do with him and just appears his name has been stuck on the box to sell it.

It's rammed with the Monster symbol, travis ken and friends. Nothing to do with colin apart from it being his car.

But i'll stay open minded if you say there is more to come.

But it's not really a tribute at first site, maybe more iwll come, as it's just about ken block and mates... nothing to do with colin. Yes it's a 'rally" game but hardly like anything colin used to have his input in. It's a ken block influence game imo and should have just been called that.

E87 118d M Sport
as a whole, yes the game isnt much colin orientated, its a rally/x-games game. but the mcrae 'bit' is epic.

Motorbikes
when youve completed the 5 world tour events, you unlock a mcrae tribute event.

win that event and you will be wishing there was a way of deleting post #307.

IIRC its American X Games to unlock the McRae tribute event. Perhaps there is another after the 5 wourld tours though?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nothin after the world tours btw :(

its abit hard to incorperate someone who died the day after "Dirt" came out really isnt it

as a whole, yes the game isnt much colin orientated, its a rally/x-games game. but the mcrae 'bit' is epic.

Fair play, i'll have to stick with it then and get to it. Good game on the hole though. Bit annoying in places but good fun.

Yes it is, but you must understand where i'm coming from about the "feel" of the game, initially it seems nothing to do with him at all and just about block.