ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences on the Extreme

Its not identical, i asked my dealer last night. There is less lock to lock, in fact the same as the 172 though its not the same rack. He wasnt sure but he agreed with me that the dampers seemed harder.

I detect jealousy dynamique owners! And ive removed the crappy extreme badges!

Oh and monsterman, you dont understand the obvious fun in driving underpowered cars! Slipstreaming people is so cool!! and my little extreme is well capable of beating pug 106 gtis and the like thanks to knowing how to drive a car well!

Japanese cars dont appeal to me, most are ugly, and they look so gay all bodykitted up going down a local english highstreet!

How about i sum up?

2/The dynamique is far superior to the extreme, the extreme has a gay interior and a sh1ty cd player that gets replaced anyway:)

3/The extreme is far more girly than the dynamique:)

4/Dynamiques are far superior to 172s, having a 1.2 is much better than a 2.0...(insert reason here later)

5/I should go do some study, physics exam in 2 hours:(

BYEBYEBYEBYE

LOL!! Funny..... you lot make me laugh.... The Extreme is the same as a dynamique apart from CD player and metatlic paint as standard. Where as there are other models in the clio range which are the Gay girly ones .... Anyway wouldnt you say any 1.2 is girly?

Lionel Richie

Whats your "Dream for your Extreme" then rob????? £3000??? Bloody hell!!! Its only a grp 3!!!! Do you live in da Getto?????

Well im only 17 you see and yes south east london isnt the best place in the world. I got a laguna gold star alarm fitted but the insurers didnt give a sh*te!

I want to be the first to have a twin 4inch centre exit from dpmotorsport :D

When thats gona happen i have no idea!

Yeah i know, i tried asking for it all the same. To the dealers credit he tried to get it sorted but the insurers refused! bastids!

Well ill be getting wheels soon so it would make the spare void anyway. Ktec have a centre exit so theyve got round it (id expect literally gone round it!) anyway. I could always use part k-tec part DPM

Lionel Richie

The K-tec one i think is mainly cosmetic, to get a twin entre exit 4inch thing, the spare wheel tray is gonna have to get cut out!

Yeah its too bloody cold, good thing im off to Sydney on Saturday then!!!!

you lucky *******

As for the exhaust, ill do whatever it takes, i need the satisfaction of laughing at the yuppies in their Cooper S s gasping at the superiority of my exhaust over their dual one cm centre exits! *evil laugh*

Ad

MK2 FRS

Just to add to the debate,

All extremes have rain sensitive wipers, not all Dynamiques have.

The extreme doesnt have the adjustable headrests like the dynamique (I really miss those headrests!!!)

There is no lumber adjustment on the extreme.

There is no dash dimmer on the extreme.

All silly little things, some anoying when you have had them before but yes, mechanically the cars are same, except my dynamique went the dealer 6 times in the first 3 months and my extreme hasnt been yet!!!! (3months old) Maybe they are better built?????haha

H22A7 Accord Type R

rain sensitive wipers n lights.......had them on my courtest car........what a bag o w**k! lol! rather use my switches as and when I want to. Lumber adjustment?????? my dynamique aint got that!

i like the rain sensitive bits..its good to show them off to my nova driving mates, and ill exaggerate on resale on how good they are. Oh, apart from mine have stopped working!!

i tihnk anyone who bought a renault clio extreme too look cool and ungay is missing the point:)

hehe:)

i love these extreme jokes, I was actually going to get one. I said to the salesman "yea im looking at an Extreme" , "na mate, thats for girls"

Im honestly not lying hehe sorry lads:)

I bought an extreme because it was the better car :confused: The dynamique is cheaper so it would of made sense 2 buy it if it was better. Mines worth more in the second hand market and ive got a cd player..and got the climate control (worth 650) chucked in for free :)

Besides ive seen NO birds in extremes but plenty in your average clio!

I hate to say it sounds like jealousy but it erm..does lol

So basically you can try and cuss all you like but i think all the other extreme drivers on here will not give a flying ****!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Your all pants

I have the best 1.2 16v

Clio 2 MK1 1.2 16v Sport

Same trim as dynamique

Better looking

Extremes are pants they have gay trim

I think this thing should be closed. It was just some questions as the original post but its developed into some immature people making pointless comments.

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sorry but you have to understand that not everyone likes that trim

Mk2s are ugly too (except for the back)

Ok lets just leave it..... I like my extreme I think it looks the nuts inside the car.... But in anycase the dymanique is exactly the same as the extreme... APART FROM TRIM, CDPLAYER and METALIC paint as standard.....

not true...... sorry guys!

apparently not all extremes have a rain sensor!!!! or darkness activated head lights

I know mine certainly hasent!

and the steering rack is difinately shorter and is shared with the 172 (2and 3quarters to full look or something) which the dynacrap doesnt have the extremes have a dash light dimmer but i think the best way to settle this is to get down to youre renault dealer and pick up a leaflet about the 2 cars!!

now that settles it!!!!!!!!!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

.........cant see the steering rack being different........especially due to production costs, and dash dimmer? hmmm im sure i set that up when i first got the car! lol matter of taste at end of day. When i went to enquire about my dynamique, i was shows the extreme, purely due to the dealer being able to get hold of one of them quicker and easier.........nuff said!

Monsterman, i bet yours just dont work like mine!! I think the dash dimmer is something i havent bothered looking for, and doubt i will!

The steering rack isnt difficult to alter Rob.

Can i just say marks and sparks bacon rasher crisps are the dogs nads

Dash dimmer is on the right of the wheel down on the plastic panel..... little round knob thingy..... The racks are the same on the dynamique as the extreme as they are exactly the same cars.... its the other models like freeway & elegance that come with a normal rack

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the extreme starts off as a 1.2 dyna

then gets new trim and a standard cd player

that is all!!